Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Blue screen of death

I have also been having the same problems. My computer is a week old liquid cooled with multiple fans and i have a Nvidia GTX 560 TI.

I was fine for a bit then i starter blue screening but this is the longest iv gone without a crash. If anyone wants to know what setting im running its...

High on everything + antialiasing

What seemed to make the difference is running in windowed fullscreen mode + unchecking the FPS limiters and enabling Vsync.

It runs way better than when i was running the lowest settings i could ironically.

Let me know if it helps
Reply Quote
ventrilo, disapearing sound... hmm... make sure if you are on asus mobo that realtek drivers arent in conflict with nvidias drivers. it happens... waaaay too often its been an issue for years now and neither party is willing to fix it. either disable nvidia hd sound drivers or realtek. for me i pretty much run with reatek drivers disabled all it does is make me unable to use their sound manager... i can live with that lol.
another thing to note. check voltages on everything. my evga gtx580 5g gdd5 is a beast and shines when oced... but factory default voltage makes any dx11 app crash sooner or later followed by crashed nvidia drivers. took me a month of frustration and testing/formating installing/uninstalling every driver version imaginable. i went from standart testing hdd and ram to reinstalling every major driver and flashing bios to pretty much tinkering with cmos and bus drivers on hubs. -_- then when i got tired i went to oc my card and BAM. 1013 mV default voltage... O_o.
Reply Quote
In regards to video cards overheating, you can always bench your cards with FurMark. Its a great utility to test your cards stability. So I'm figuring this is not a overheating problem, or card stability problem. I've benched my cards with FurMark, and they run great.
Reply Quote
You don't have enough power !!! just the card along will use up to:::
219 Watts Maximum Graphics Card Power...
And you have three hard drives . And a DVD player .And not sure what else you have hooked up..you will need a 1000 watt power supply. And maybe 1200 watts
Edited by TRIMIX#1603 on 6/19/2012 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And are you running the latest drivers GeForce 301.42 Driver
Reply Quote
i am very disappointed that blizzard hasnt responded to my ticket yet nor have they posted about this issue.
Reply Quote
TLDR: Try playing with a window AC on (or the AC turned up, or with your computer in a room a bit cooler than the rest of your house). Doing this nearly eliminated all problems for me.

general info
I encountered the same problem several times, leading to MANY black screen freezes before the game goes back to normal, and also MANY BSODs lol. I use an AMD Radeom 5870.

the problem
I would freeze, still be able to move my mouse around, but then the screen would go black for a few moments before everything would be fine. Sometimes during these black screens, I would get the Blue Screen Of Death. No problems on most other games. I turned down settings, yet still it would happen occasionally each hour or so.

the lightbulb
During a hot week of summer, I noticed the crashes much more frequently (I live on the second floor, hotter temperatures than outside if I don't turn on a window AC). Then all of a sudden I stopped crashing as much for a week or so. I noticed cool 60 degree temperatures outside unusual for the summer and realized it had gotten cooler for that week. The crashes got worse again when it got hot. I turned on my window AC and noticed almost no crashes!

When I would get cold, I would turn the window AC off and after 10-20 mins would crash again. I now just leave on the window AC anytime I play Diablo 3. This may not be a solution for everyone having this problem, but it *seemed* to work for me. Give it a shot.
Reply Quote
Same problem here, the game crash to desktop every hour, and bluescreen every day....

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/22/2012, 09:02:29
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12192MB RAM
Page File: 2762MB used, 21620MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4047 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Date/Size: 5/15/2012 06:48:00, 18044224 bytes
Reply Quote
Brand new computer. It's 60 degrees F out where I live. Played for three days with no issues, and suddenly: three Blue Screens of Death in the last hour.

Any recommendations/ patches from Blizzard Support? Disappointed to see there's an open ticket for this issue for three weeks with no response.
Reply Quote
i have the same issue :(

And its hard to tell, sometimes i can play 20 minutes..
sometimes it starts after 2 minutes.. BSOD's are just raining out of the sky. ONLY on D3 !!!
Reply Quote
For any one with bluescreens, if they wish to upload the latest dump from C:\Windows\Minidump

and link it here for me to download i will run it through my windows sdk debugger and see if i can hive you more info on what you may do to resolve it.
Reply Quote
Hey! I've been looking online for someone with the same problem as me. I just bought Diablo 3, expesive one, isn't it!? Back to point... I finished installing it, i ran it, created the hero and when i was going to start the game, BSOD!!! WTF!? Strange is, i only had the same problem with football/soccer games like PES 2011/2012 and FIFA 12. Games like GTA IV, Battlefield 3, SKyrim, u name it run fine, i just don't understand. I noticed that this things started happening after version 12.6 of catalyst AMD driver, and some random Win 7 updates. Maybe it's Related.
My Specs : AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.20GHZ
AMD Radeon HD6800
4gb RAM
Win 7 SP1
Reply Quote
Hi all,

I've been playing D3 since the beginning and never had a BSOD and my hardware isn't as fancy as the one that most of the people here have:

Dell XPS 17.3"
i7 Q740 1.73Ghz
12GB DDR3 1333
Win 7 Home Premium x64
Hitachi 500GB 7200rpm
Mobile Geforce GT 445 3GB DDR3 a 1600x900
Reply Quote
Diablo III has caused so many crashes it has corrupted my system files and now windows 7 won't load without crashing. I can't even format my hard drive to start all over. My bios does not have a hdd format utility. So I have buy a new hard drive now. I WILL NEVER BUY OR PLAY ANOTHER BLIZZARD GAME!!!!
Reply Quote
BSODs are not generally caused by games and software running. It is normally I/O / hardware /driver related. Be sure all your drivers are up-to-date. One thing that kind of points to blizz however is someone stated there was some default graphics changes in 1.03 something to do with shading. Perhaps try shutting that off in the game video options to see if the BSODs stop. I will try to find the link.

Corruption of ones hard drive is certainly not Diablo 3's fault, your system had problems before you installed it. This new software you installed just happened to make the already existing problems show their ugly head. Leave your corrupt hard drive as is, buy a new one, put it in your computer, remove or disconnect the corrupt one, re-install Windows and all your applications including D3. Ensure system is now stable, then hook up your old hard drive and copy over all your data to your new hard drive. Done and good to go!
Reply Quote
i have the same problem.But not every day.sometimes i play for hours and nothing happens an sometimes after 15 minutes crash.
And it`s getting annoying.
Reply Quote
did any one find a solution to this problem
Reply Quote
Hey guys someone knows why i got that bluescreens after 10-15 minutes?
Sometimes it takes longer than 15 minutes but everytime i get that BSOD ...

Graphic: Radeon HD7850

greetz
Reply Quote
Well because I typed this out I will post it because its' still useful, but honestly your all sort've blind... Other then you all playing D3 you ALL have something else in common. Many of you have posted it...

But here's what I made for you earlier:

Anyone and everyone with this problem using a ATI Graphics version should check and if possible upgrade to the most recent possible driver for their GPU that has Catalyst Control Center. Once here, whether you had it or not, make sure Overclocking is not enabled.

Afew side notes:
If your using a third-party software to moderate and maintain your fan speeds make sure it is not overclocking your GPU
If possible, and you are knowledgable of computers to a greater extent, open your CPU unit up and make sure the motherboard fan is plugged in. Alot of the time these aren't plugged in by the OEM so put extra strain on your computer; this is done quite obviously, so that your machine doesn't last its full potential lifespan.(If you do this, be mindful of transisters and your bodies static charge, you will want to ground yourself(as simple as touching your computer frame(While it's off)))

And if you do open it up, be very mindful of where everythign is plugged in, it may come as a suprise but its there for a reason.

Now... Is it not suspicious that your ALL using Windows 7 64-bit... Maybe you should be posting in the Window's Tech Support Forums.

Anyway's hoping fully this helps. One last note. I had a trojan once that caused all these crash/lag issues. So run AVG daily... Especially if u play hardcore
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/12/2013 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
My HC-character just died because I was encountering rare enemies when I got the BSOD. Is there a way to complaint about the death and maybe get a revive from somewhere?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]