Diablo® III

Is life on hit necessary?

Hello all. I am currently in act 2 inferno. I can kill large packs of normal enemies pretty easily at this point, but still struggle with champions and elites. I currently don't have any life on hit and was just wondering if is necessary to progress through act 2. I am using a 1H and shield.

Here are my stats
8.5k armor
14k dmg with Marauder
60k health
600 resists buffed

Do I need life on hit along with these stats? Should I sacrifice some of them to get some life on hit? Thanks
Reply Quote
bump, really wondering whether I should be getting a bunch of life on hit or not...
Reply Quote
no i dont think so, i like ur stats stop building for PvM people you'll b sorry when pvp released

farming act1 is now sufficient to gear up

us BARBS will have the LAST LAUGH over these pansy wiz/dhs when we show them who the true GODS OF PVP ARE RAWR
Edited by THExSLAYER#1939 on 6/6/2012 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
everything depends on your build, on what you do, on what you expect to do, on what you want to be able to do...
Reply Quote
LoH is essential. I moved from 800dps mace to 610 dps with 600 LoH spear...and it was the best thing
Reply Quote
Hello all. I am currently in act 2 inferno. I can kill large packs of normal enemies pretty easily at this point, but still struggle with champions and elites. I currently don't have any life on hit and was just wondering if is necessary to progress through act 2. I am using a 1H and shield.

Here are my stats
8.5k armor
14k dmg with Marauder
60k health
600 resists buffed

Do I need life on hit along with these stats? Should I sacrifice some of them to get some life on hit? Thanks

You should be able to finish Act 2 with those stats. I have less resists and 20k less health (3k or so more dps) and have cleared Act 2 solo.

As far as Life on Hit.. It's incredibly powerful but personally I have stayed away from it (have 0) because I feel like it's just a matter of time before it gets the nerfbat and I'd rather not rely on a broken mechanic to progress.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Kinvalar
As far as Life on Hit.. It's incredibly powerful but personally I have stayed away from it (have 0) because I feel like it's just a matter of time before it gets the nerfbat and I'd rather not rely on a broken mechanic to progress.

Same here.
Reply Quote
Its not necessary, I've cleared act 4 and im farming act 3 / 4 / whimsy and the only life on hit i have is the 88 from my string of ears.

I do have 50% block though
Reply Quote
no i dont think so, i like ur stats stop building for PvM people you'll b sorry when pvp released

us BARBS will have the LAST LAUGH over these pansy wiz/dhs when we show them who the true GODS OF PVP ARE RAWR

LOL. If you can hit them before the put up Smoke Screen and fire off ten tracking arrows. Burn your cooldowns, run around, hit SS again and fire some more arrows.
Reply Quote
50% block?!?!?! What the?! Hax!!!!!
Reply Quote
It's necessary unless...
1) You have over 50k dps and use Ignore Pain
Or
2) You have a high block % (40+)

Otherwise, you take too much damage and the fights aren't over quickly, so you need some sustainability.
Reply Quote

LOL. If you can hit them before the put up Smoke Screen and fire off ten tracking arrows. Burn your cooldowns, run around, hit SS again and fire some more arrows.

u forgot we wont be running around the blood moor anymore, it'll b a small pvp arena goodluck kiting
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:17 AMPosted by ScooterElite
50% block?!?!?! What the?! Hax!!!!!

31% stormshield, 8% helm of command, 11% J. lantern
Reply Quote
Not hax at all (if you're being serious =P). A few really good pieces get you there. When I find a Justice Lantern to buy, I'll be at mid 40%. He prolly has a high block% Stormshield along with the other pieces of the trinity.

EDIT: He answered before I did.
Edited by Einherjar#1700 on 6/6/2012 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Life on hit can be incredibly powerful.

... so can the stats you end up giving up to get it. There is no chance I would take a 200 DPS base weapon damage reduction for less than 2% life per hit. Mobs that hit for 80% of my life would get a few more chances to do just that, and that's a horrible tradeoff.

I'm committed to getting 800+ LoH but only on top of the stats I already have. I will not take a DPS hit to get it.

That means I need to find a 900+ DPS, 800 LoH weapon with a socket.

Yeah, that's going to take a while.
Reply Quote
I wouldnt think you HAVE to have LoH, but if your not going to take that healing you need to make up for it somewhere else. I would either say have a ton of life per second, or go with life stealing. The problem is life steal is reduced a lot in inferno. Either way i think its going to be mandatory to have some type of self healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]