Diablo® III

Act 2 and Barbs it really is not that bad

Yes when I first hit Inferno Act 1 it was not that bad already, did little farming before being able to kill butcher solo. (Heck did it first time with 2hder)

Then I hit act 2 like everyone else I almost said screw this and rolled an alt while waiting for a patch, but why I had to keep going.

I will say this you do not have to have over 800 resist based on how the dmg reduction scales going higher than 750 I would say stop there. Use some of that money on AH items. Now also I have seen alot of people saying you have to use the AH to progress and to be fair that is true only if you are looking to beat everything in the game within the first Month it is out.

^ That is a personaly choice you can progress without AH just takes longer to farm.

Now for what to do that makes Act 2 imo cake walk always on farm with 5 stacks.

Get a Dread Shield ilvl 62 shield and get over 25% block on it, the block amount compared to the lower shield helps more than you know.

Get 45k HP, life on hit helps alot also but even around 400-500 works, anything over 8k armor also works.

Now here is what my stats look like now and something I have been working with for dps build while tanking.

48k HP
8.6k Armor ( buffed with Ench.)
25k DPS (unbuffed)
Life on Hit 415
Resist all 750 with only arcane and poison being under 700
Block 28% (all from shield, got lucky roll on a drop)
Crit Chance 21%
Crit Dmg 250% (something I feel makes this work so easy)

My current build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXVRkP!beZ!aacbcZ

Leap with Armor helps a ton for times were you get 5 or more mobs on you and with these stats Revenge is huge for dps. I did what alot of people did and said why do I have to use this to heal instead of looking at it as a fury free attack that does 220% Weapon DMG and heals. When I focused on that and crit it hits for over 100k crits all the time yes even on Bosses.

How good does this work atm, 5 Stack farming Belial in under 25mins with just killing the first Champ packs I cross have not skipped any of them.
Reply Quote
iLevel 62+ items don't drop in act 1.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog

Creator of the game thinks its bad, it's non-negotiable.
Reply Quote

Creator of the game gives you creative license to do whatever the hell you want. It doesn't, however, make you right on the things you do.
Reply Quote
True about Item levels I found the shield in Act 2. I beat act 2 with the lower version 25% block shield first time.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Rogue
If you change into a turtle build, sure, you can beat act 2 inferno. Well, some of us doesn't like a tanking build. You should not be forced into only a single build, anyways.
Reply Quote
Just another person psting "Hey look i have amazing gear and i can do it. why cant you?"
Reply Quote

look at upcoming 1.03 changes. inferno will start dropping up to iL63, hell act 3/4 up to iL62.

go farm more.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Facecrusher
Just another person psting "Hey look i have amazing gear and i can do it. why cant you?"

Never in this post was it about why can't you. Just saying barbs do have it rough at first we need gear alot more than most classes if not all, but once you get said gear it can be quite fun and rewarding.

As to the forced into tank spec sure if thats how you look at it, though I do not see many tank specs with 25k dps. Skills sure while farming you have to have a skill set that lets you kill champs and then boss so to not lose 5 stacks.

Once I have enough gear I do plan on going back to 2hder and going outside the WoTB/Earthquake build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]