Diablo® III

Minimum Requirements for Inferno

Im in Hell right now but I would just like to know what are the minimums for health, dmg, and armor just so i have a baseline while gearing up for inferno
Reply Quote
Act 1? 25k hp, 6k dps, 5.5k armor, 250+ resists (all stats unbuffed) should work okay. As you get later in act 1 you will need better stats. I have 40k hp, 400 resists, 12k dps, and 6.7k armor now and can clear inferno act 1 without any trouble at all.

Act 2? My current stats are good enough to kill regular mobs. I get owned by champions and elites unless I stack like 3 different 2 minute cooldown abilities (wrath of the beserker, call of the ancients, and earthquake). Basically, I am not geared enough for act 2.
Reply Quote
Ok sweet. Ive heard that Act 1 and Act 2 are completely different so does any1 know the average stats for act 2 inferno??
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
Don't worry so much about resist armor in Act 1. I had less then 100, wasn't using Warcry + Impunity either, and I could farm A1. Now it's a breeze with 200 base resist, which is obviously still too low for A2 so that's why I am still in A1 =)
Reply Quote
Act 1 was a breeze for me after getting some AH gear.

Stats:
36k HP
8k DPS
6.5k Armor ish? can't remeber
550 All Resist (With Buff)
650 Physical Resist (With Buff)
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Logan
Act 1? 25k hp, 6k dps, 5.5k armor, 250+ resists (all stats unbuffed) should work okay. As you get later in act 1 you will need better stats. I have 40k hp, 400 resists, 12k dps, and 6.7k armor now and can clear inferno act 1 without any trouble at all.

I have very similar stats to you. 46k hp, 300 resists, 10k dps, and 6.9 armor and yes Inferno act 1 is good.
Act 2 I need better gear and stats.
Reply Quote
As a barb that was having a lot of trouble in inferno, here is what i learned.

Up through hell you can stack vit / strength and get through fine.

In infero you need resist all. A barb with 40k hp and a few hundred resis can tank better than a barb with 60k hp and low resistance.

Start looking for all resistance and you will have a much easier time. good luck.
Reply Quote
As a barb that was having a lot of trouble in inferno, here is what i learned.

Up through hell you can stack vit / strength and get through fine.

In infero you need resist all. A barb with 40k hp and a few hundred resis can tank better than a barb with 60k hp and low resistance.

Start looking for all resistance and you will have a much easier time. good luck.

What he said, I suggest you look at AH as much as you can. Generally I wait for gears that are under 200k. If you are lucky you can get a lot of stuff with very decent All Resist, Str and Vit.

An easy way would be to search under Armor -> Criteria:

Armor:
All Resistance
Strength
Vitality

You can set the minimum amount of each based on your current gear. I advise sacrificing DPS for Resist and Vit, you can tank your way through Act 1.

For weapons, go sword and board. Shield: same with armor stack All Resist, Str and Vit. For 1-Hand, find weapon with the highest DPS possible, with secondary VIT and STR stats. Life per hit is also very handy, but I find that those are generally over priced.

EDIT: In terms of Skills I use:

Frenzy with Stun rune
Warcry with Resist Buff rune
Overpower with Heal rune
Revenge with Heal rune
Ignore pain with Heal rune
WoTB with Dmg Rune.

I don't use fury spenders cause they suck at the moment (except for WoTB).
Edited by Ragatag#1963 on 5/28/2012 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]