Diablo® III

Who else is getting Torchlight 2?

87 Tauren Paladin
Anyone else getting it? I figured I'd spend most of my time in D3, but the more I look at T2, the more I like it.
Reply Quote
At some point, yes, I will. But the first Torchlight didn't wow me like crazy, so I'm in no rush. I tend to play my games to death before moving on, so it's low on the list of priority games right now.
Reply Quote
I'll definitely be picking it up. Both Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 look like great fun, I'll enjoy the hell out of them both.
Reply Quote
Man, people were giving crap to Blizz because Diablo 3 had "WoW" graphics, now people are yelling Torchlight 2. Ironic, isn't it.
Reply Quote
I've looked more into Torchlight 2 lately, and i gotta say i wish i just saved my money for TL 2 instead. Diablo 3 seems to have way too many problems for me (in addition to the broken servers and AH)
Aside from the cartoony graphics, it looks more promising than Diablo 3 to me (Modding being one of the biggest reasons)

Not too late to get a refund though!
Edited by aghastlykid#1107 on 5/29/2012 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've played the TL2 beta and I have to say, it's a VERY fun game. I'd even say it's more fun to play than D3, depending on your playstyle.

I also didn't enjoy the first Torchlight that much except as a time waster on my laptop. But they've really improved the sequel. No archaic DRM like D3 (don't give me that "it's a multiplayer game" crap). Also, your character feels a lot more unique in multiplayer. There's some customization to your toon, plus you can use any weapon/gear you want if your stats fit. There's only 4 classes, but with the talent trees, there's a lot more room for making a unique character. You also look a lot more unique as you gear up instead of looking like every other Monk/Barbarian/etc. at your level.

The graphics are very nice and the environments are very cool. It's cartoony, but like WoW, it pushes that graphic style to the limits. That said, D3 definitely has benefited from the huge Blizzard-Activision coffers. D3 is a gorgeous game and is well polished. But you really should try out TL2, especially at 1/3 the price of D3!
Reply Quote
I've played the TL2 beta and I have to say, it's a VERY fun game. I'd even say it's more fun to play than D3, depending on your playstyle.

I also didn't enjoy the first Torchlight that much except as a time waster on my laptop. But they've really improved the sequel. No archaic DRM like D3 (don't give me that "it's a multiplayer game" crap). Also, your character feels a lot more unique in multiplayer. There's some customization to your toon, plus you can use any weapon/gear you want if your stats fit. There's only 4 classes, but with the talent trees, there's a lot more room for making a unique character. You also look a lot more unique as you gear up instead of looking like every other Monk/Barbarian/etc. at your level.

The graphics are very nice and the environments are very cool. It's cartoony, but like WoW, it pushes that graphic style to the limits. That said, D3 definitely has benefited from the huge Blizzard-Activision coffers. D3 is a gorgeous game and is well polished. But you really should try out TL2, especially at 1/3 the price of D3!

Yeah man, it looks like a really promising game.
it sounds 5x better than Diablo 3 with all of it's features.
same character levels up single player and multi, modding, skill trees, customization etc

i haven't played it yet, i wanna know if it's actually challenging though? i'm not fond of games you can just breeze through easily
Reply Quote
Yes, of course. Even if I don't get it at launch I will when it goes on sale on steam for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
When it goes on sale, sure. At launch? Not a chance. Torchlight 1 tried to be a carbon copy of Diablo and ended up bein a snoozefest. Torchlight 2 looks like its tryin to be a carbon copy of D2 but prettier. That and after enjoyin the heck out of the skill system in D3, I don't really enjoy the thought of goin back to the horrid skill trees that Torchlight is usin, but meh.

Half off sale and I'll snatch it up so I have somethin to do when my net acts up.
Reply Quote
Already pre-ordered it. I enjoyed the first Torchlight, but I felt that it could be much better. When I played the Torchlight 2 beta, it was exactly what I wanted in the first game, and more.

I just noticed that several previous Torchlight 2 threads were deleted. Not sure why.
Edited by Software#1734 on 5/29/2012 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

i haven't played it yet, i wanna know if it's actually challenging though? i'm not fond of games you can just breeze through easily

It's a lot more challenging than the first one. I found Veteran level to be good for single player and tough in multiplayer. You can get insta-gibbed wandering into a pack of mobs if you're not careful.

05/29/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Añd
Torchlight 1 tried to be a carbon copy of Diablo and ended up bein a snoozefest. Torchlight 2 looks like its tryin to be a carbon copy of D2 but prettier.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Runic Games was founded by former Blizzard North employees before Vivindi shut them down. They made Diablo, Diablo II and the expansions. I don't think anyone on the Diablo 3 team had any involvement in the previous Diablo games. So "lore" aside, you could say that Diablo 3 is more of a "carbon copy" than Torchlight is.

I just noticed that several previous Torchlight 2 threads were deleted. Not sure why.

There's a lot of rabid fanboyism (on both sides) that can turn discussions about these two games into an ugly flamefest. I hope this topic doesn't go down those lines and that the moderators can tell the difference between a constructive discussion and trolling.

Personally, I think both of these games are fantastic. I'm hoping that since Diablo 3 beat Torchlight 2 out of the gates, Runic Games will wait until later in the year to release it. The beta felt very polished and fun, but they wouldn't be doing themselves any favors by putting it out so close to Diablo 3. IMO, it would be better to just add to the game, maybe take a few cues from D3 (add Mac support), and aim for a 4th quarter release.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]