Diablo® III

I can't enjoy this game. Please help me

I can farm Act 1 inferno just fine and I've spent a lot of money getting gear for act 2.

I thought I was ready for act 2 gear/stats wise but it seems I'm not. I'm getting smashed to pieces by everything and elites will drink my HP within a matter of seconds.

Here are my stats TOTALLY UNBUFFED/NO SHOUT:

http://i.imgur.com/h3e3r.png

http://i.imgur.com/YQtug.png

Please can someone suggest what I need to change, I just want to have fun playing this game again.
Reply Quote
I am pretty much where you are at and the farthest i have gotten in act 2 solo was beating maghda. Past that i cant do anything. Sorry mate i hope someone posts something useful for ya. Just wanted to let you know your not alone out there
Reply Quote
Well for one, your shield is terrible. get a new one. I picked up a 3.7k-4.7k Block with 20% block and 78 all resists for 300k. Also, your hp is too low. Aim to be 45k+ hp. Anything after that doenst really matter much.
Reply Quote
I'm currently less resists than you, less dps, but more hp and a better shield and I have soloed all of act 2, only skipped a few elites (ones that run away from you)
Reply Quote
What build did you use Orig?

These are my shield stats:

943 Armor
+15.0% Chance to block
1960-2794 Block
82 STR
68 VIT
54 All Res
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just off first glance, invest in a new shield. Try and find one with at LEAST 20% block chance, and a 3.7-4.7k reduction.
Reply Quote
^^^^ your block% is horrible, 20% should be the minimum, a Justice Lantern never hurts if you have the cash. Also You didnt post your skills. Try using threatening shout for extra dmg reduction. It made a HUGE difference for me in act2 starting out.
Reply Quote
I Can't see a single shield on the AH that has a 20% block chance. Am I looking wrong or are they really hard to come by?
Reply Quote
I'm seeing plenty of shields above 20% block chance that have 4.7k block max that cost under 1 mil. you're searching wrong. when you search for block% its how much added block% there is on a shield. Ofc no block shield has +20% block because that would make some shields over 40% block. dont type in 20% when you search for block. Just search for all shields with + block% and 99% of them will be over 20%
Edited by Origination#1599 on 5/31/2012 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
CHeck out my guide here for help with act 2 progression, and leave a comment to tell me what you think. if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them there

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150761772
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, what other stats should I be looking at on the shield?

If I replace mine I'll lose a lot of vit+str which I am already lacking...

These are my shield stats:

943 Armor
+15.0% Chance to block
1960-2794 Block
82 STR
68 VIT
54 All Res

So really I need to find a shield with atleast 82 str, 68 vit, 50ish all res and a higher block % and dmg reduction :/
Reply Quote
No. You don't. Block damage and block% is 1000000000x far superior to your retarded 68 vit and 82 str. Get a grip. Buy a new shield, its not hard. You ask for help, but you whine like a kid and don't listen to advice. Good luck finding a sheild with those exact same stats instead of buying a better one for 500k.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In all honesty i think you are overemphasizing the importance of the shield. mine has a 13% chance to block for 2800-3800. it also gives 75 vit and 58 resist all. I am getting through act 3 right now, killing about 1/3 of the champ packs so far. the block amount on your shield is fairly low, and a higher block amount stacks up better the more resist/armor you have, as this block goes on after dmg reduction. statwise a shield is no different from any other piece of gear, so don't think you need an amzing set of stats on the thing. that would be like limiting your weapon searches to attack speed str vitality and gimping a lot of dps. look for something with a decent block rate/amount first, then try to snipe 1-2 decent stats on it after you have filtered that. but you don't need to get a godly shield quite yet, that would probably not be the best allocation of resources.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, Orig, you are comming off a bit strong mate. I don't mean to come across like a 'whiney kid'. I'm frustrated and merely asking for advice and I appreciate all I can get.

So just to confirm, the MAIN stats on my shield I need to look for are block % (ATLEAST 20 and dmg reduction uptp 3.7k-4.7k)?
Reply Quote
Ok guys I just picked this up... Is it good enough?

STATS:

1552 Armor
22% Chance to Block
3706-4706 Block Amount

+ 47 STR
+ 31 Int
+ 40 Cold Res
+ 395 Armor
+ 9% Chance to block
Reply Quote
So forcing us to wear a shield is way cool, huh?
Reply Quote
Buying that shield was a nightmare because now I'm only on 36k hp... Still get smashed to bits in Act 2.

Need more advice...
Reply Quote
MORE RESIST ALL!!!!
Reply Quote
So I now need to replace even more gear? UGH...
Reply Quote
Anyone else?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]