And all shootin some b-ball outside of school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suite case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait, I hear the prissy, booze, whine, all that
Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet.
I just got here!
I sprang with the quickness, like lightening disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say is that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked to my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I only have 28k hp and can so almost all of act 2 but then again I rock a 2h and 740 - 810 resist. Hoping to get more. If I could get my Hp up to 35k I would be happy but stuff is spendy. That is why I am playing my 45 DH and maybe he can farm the gear I need, I am a kiting wizard with the DH
Reply Quote
you wont be having fun in inferno.

unless sitting there behind a shield spamming revenge and having 9000dps max is your idea of fun.
Reply Quote
dont see the stats for individual items on your barb but i'm sure there is 1-2 major upgrades you could do for fairly cheap and after that you'll have near my barb stats which farms belial easily and currently in act 3 doing 5 nephalem buff runs.

Perhaps your build needs a rework skill wise?

And not to sound like a jerk but looking at how I have to play in inferno to be productive there is alot of dodging/when to use skill level that most players don't have perhaps you have to train a bit more. With your current stat I could probably farm belial.
Reply Quote
dont see the stats for individual items on your barb but i'm sure there is 1-2 major upgrades you could do for fairly cheap and after that you'll have near my barb stats which farms belial easily and currently in act 3 doing 5 nephalem buff runs.

Perhaps your build needs a rework skill wise?

And not to sound like a jerk but looking at how I have to play in inferno to be productive there is alot of dodging/when to use skill level that most players don't have perhaps you have to train a bit more. With your current stat I could probably farm belial.

This is my current gear stats... Would appreciate any advice on what to change.

Helm
339 Armor
79 Str
24 Dex
54 Vit
44 Poison Res
44 All res

Amulet
+99 STR
+ 176 Vit

Shoulders
306 Armor
65 Str
54 Int
81 Vit
45 Phys Res
45 All res

Chest
356 Armor
77 Str
62 Int
43 Vit
57 All res
34 STR GEM
34 VIT GEM
34 VIT GEM

Gloves
480 Armor
67 Str
81 dex
107 Int
41 Vit
29 Lightening res
49 All res
+215 Armor

Bracers
183 Armor
49 Str
109 Vit
39 Arc res
54 All res

Belt
240 Armor
202 Str
29 Vit
31 Phys res
46 All res

Rings
69 Vit
38 Poison Res
44 All Res

52 Str
45 Dex
66 Int
43 All res

Pants
515 Armor
81 Str
68 Int
82 Vit
59 All res
190 Armor
34 VIT GEM
34 VIT GEM

Boots
262 Armor
83 Str
78 Vit
34 Arc res
47 Alll res

Shield
1552 Armor
+22% Block
3.7k-4.7k block amount
47 Str
31 Int
54 cold res
395 armor
9% Block

Sword
816.5DPS
23% DMG
Reply Quote
rings need a fix same with amulet, sadly those piece can cost you more but you could get major upgrades. I would recommend buying a new belt perhaps a string of ears i don't use 1 myself but your belt is pretty bad stat wise you would gain alot from a string.

Your helm has decent stats but no socket. That socket is so important for a minimum of +13% life its by itself around 5000HP.

amulet wise I bought a 140str 160vit +250armor 44AR for 1.1M, ring wise I was lucky and found 2 legendary rings, I would recommend getting Justice Lantern with decent str/vit stats the ring gives you 11% more block no matter what.

The rest of your gear is good enough for act 2... if you can't keep up after that It's probably something with your build and ability to use it properly.

There is plently of guides on these forums/on the web with different ideas and builds that can probably work, I see some people stack life on hit others stack attack speed and dmg some barbs go for major crit build etc but the "standard build" would be stack defensive stats until you can safely farm act 1-2 once you get to act 3-4 you need to focus on keeping those stats while trying to find ways to survive longer (get %DR from elite/range/monsters, Life on Hit, More dps/attack speed without losing any stats)
Reply Quote
String of Ears might help.
Reply Quote
Well, I'm nowhere near that level, but for more hp you could get a Helm that actually has a socket, and gem for +life%. You have no life on hit at all, and absolutely no life/sec.

Edited: since you posted your gear while I was typing.
Edited by Keeperman#1522 on 5/31/2012 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll go on the hunt for a string of ears, please could anyone tell me what sort of stats I should be looking at for it though?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I'll go on the hunt for a string of ears, please could anyone tell me what sort of stats I should be looking at for it though?

Thanks

Reduce melee damage as close to 20% as you can and preferrably resist all as close to 20 as you can. Strength and vit is bonus, but these things are expensiiiiiive... :( Still farming for mine...
Reply Quote
I can only mainly see ones with 10% reduction, are these a pointless purchase?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:40 AMPosted by stokietom
I can only mainly see ones with 10% reduction, are these a pointless purchase?

I don't know. They might help, but if I bought one of those I'd be kicking myself because it could've been so much better. I really haven't done the math, so I can't help you. In fact, it's almost impossible to do the math right now unless you test and test again because so much information is unclear and hidden.
Reply Quote
I have no idea which gear to upgrade then... Sucky thing is I had a helm with a socket previously... I guess I'll hunt for some rings aswell
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:50 AMPosted by stokietom
I have no idea which gear to upgrade then... Sucky thing is I had a helm with a socket previously... I guess I'll hunt for some rings aswell

I'm pretty much at this stage at the moment. I think I pretty much need to replace all my gear as of now, even though it was expensive :( And with inflation as it is right now it won't sell worth anything...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You need to stop being so desperate for a piece of gear, that shield you bought is gross the block is good the amount to block is good, but why those stats? Wait for something better... or you can make the same mistakes as me and spend 8 million on gear thats in desperate need of replacement. That's the mistake I've made because I was DESPERATE to get through an act... now I'm in 8 mil in the tank and haven't made half of it back. However I am 1 shotting most act 1 white minions with a 1hander + shield
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]