Diablo® III

"patch required" problem

(Locked)

Same problem here -_-"
30 Undead Hunter
Also having the same problem, I Would love a solution to fix this ):
90 Human Warrior
Just want to play this lame game on my one day off. Such a fail, get those tech nerds working overtime.
same here, this is a load of crap, and yet blizz wont let us know wtf is going on.
there is always problems, sighhhh. SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Same. FFS.
I updated fine yesterday. Got into the game, had a fantastic several hour sesh. Get up early to catch up a few levels on a friend and find myself in a patch loop.

This is the single most painful single player experience I've ever had.
C'mon guyz let give a little more details so blizzard can help us better :
situation i launch the game and everything seems normal the laucher says my game is up to date then when i try to log on the client tells me that the game needs to be patched :
A new patch for Diablo III is avaiable. the game will now close and apply the patch automatically. you will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied.

then when i click on OK the downloader stars then i get an error message :
Diablo III has stopped working
windows can check online for a solution to the problem

these are the problem details :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.9749
Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000222b2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3084
Additional Information 1: df03
Additional Information 2: df03a9ccf2561b0ae44a807a36a6c6a4
Additional Information 3: 5cb3
Additional Information 4: 5cb3489c2bfbf0fa0d31abac6a42df36
I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else here, the game keeps telling me that it needs to be patched, but then it goes back to the splash screen, stating that the game is up to date.
yep same problem here, on two different PCs (home desktop PC and on laptop), and in two different locations (home and work)

great patches Blizzard!
is there another patch I'm not aware of? or is it a new error created because something else was "fixed" ? Can u guys (the devs and their IT team) get this issue fix? How do u expect people to even enjoy the game when ur server is constantly unstable, constant logging in issues and the lag? 4 out 5 times my char died was due to lag/jerk of the server..this is utterly disappointing..

Great game and great challenge but constant issues such as these kills motivation to play..and as a customer of blizzard, the least you and your team could do was to provide an explanation/solution/reminder somewhere on the forums so that we could decide to play or not to play. W/o any warning or notice, you make your customers/players wasting time hitting the log-in button constantly only to be denied by some stupid error of yours.
There is actually two problems being discussed in this threa folks.

Those who are just looping saying it's upto date and then when you log in says it needs to patch have different threads.

The op and a few others actually have their games stop working comepltely and we shoudl leave the thread to them.
You guys need to give more info, like what region you live in, what server you play on, & what your current client version is showing.

If you read some of the other posts, it's pretty simple/obvious what's going on. The patches are staggered on the 3 different regional servers & it's causing chaos for people who do not use the same patch server region as they do gaming server region.
Seriously is anyone NOT getting this problem?
Fix this quickly. I didn't pay for this game to wait.
90 Human Warrior
Something to do with this? On the (read only) maintenance forum?

We will be performing maintenance on Thursday, May 31st. Maintenance will begin at 11:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 12:00 PM PDT. During this time, servers and many web services will be unavailable. Thank you for your patience Zarrgol

5 hours ago

Reply Quote

Zarrgol
Customer Service

Maintenance has been extended until 1:00pm PDT.Thank you for your continued patience.
same. FIX PLEASE I'VE COMPLAINED TWICE!
same problem can't play =(
Clicked on the Diablo 3 icon.
Diablo 3 splash screen appears...Initializing...Game is up to date.
Click on Play button.
Logged in.
Game needs to be patched message.
Clicked on OK.
Brings me back to the desktop.
Windows informs me that Diablo has stopped working.
Checked error details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.9749
Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00022262
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c2a8
Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f
Additional Information 3: 1046
Additional Information 4: 10463fc9252e72b778c1439224ed6900

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please fix this. I just want to play.
Same Problem here
sme problem!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]