Diablo® III

Which of these 2?

i am choosing between 2 laptops and really don't know much about computers. and was hoping everyone could help me out. LAPTOP 1 is a little more expensive but is 17" and laptop 2 is 14". i will be using this laptop for diablo 3, WoW, and hopefully some other games in the future. First and foremost i want to make sure these laptops can handle Diablo 3, and secondly which of the 2 is the better option. Thank you in advanced for your help, i really appreciate it.

NOTE: i know these may not be the best options and that a pc would be a much better option, but i am going with one of these two so i would appreciate it if no one gives any outside suggestions. ~LAPTOP 1~
PROCESSOR 3rd Generation Intel® Core i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.3GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
MEMORY 6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz (2DIMMS)
HARD DRIVE 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s
VIDEO CARD 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M
LCD PANEL 17.3-inch WideHD+ 1600 x 900 60Hz WLED
WIRELESS CARD Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 With Bluetooth 4.0
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

~LAPTOP 2~
PROCESSOR 3rd Generation Intel® Core i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.3GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
HARD DRIVE 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA + 32GB mSATA Caching SSD
VIDEO CARD 2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus
LCD PANEL 14.0" High Def (720p/1366x768) with WLED backlight edit
WIRELESS CARDS Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 With Bluetooth 4.0
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW)
Reply Quote
laptops arent meant to play games...leave that
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you really want a laptop for gaming? It's generally better to get a desktop for gaming.

That said, both laptops have not that great specs.

Check out something like this (MSI-1761/MSI-1762 builders)
http://www.xoticpc.com/force-1762-msi-1762-p-4347.html?wconfigure=yes
Reply Quote
50 Night Elf Rogue
sure you already bought but both sound like alienware m17x and m14x and both will play diablo 3 and are totally meant for gaming
Reply Quote
I play on a laptop 99% of the time, and when I have a desktop monitor hooked up to it, I don't even like the full screen real estate, its too busy and required much more eye/head movement to see it all. I even started to play in windowed mode on the laptop monitor.

to answer the OP's question, the 2nd laptop seems better spec'ed. and you can always tune the in game options to make it work.

the one thing you have to consider is that laptop lcd is never as good as desktop lcd. and if you want true mind blowing graphics, you want to run it with a dekstop monitor, and most likely a capable graphics card that is only on the desktop. then you probably want to play a different game than diablo 3. diablo 3 = farming, efficiency, etc, not ALL about graphics. so any laptop will do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]