Diablo® III

How does staff of herding work?

Can I just pay the 1m and make the inferno? Or do I have to make each difficulty and pay for them?
Reply Quote
Bump... looking for some input
Reply Quote
You have to craft the normal version after finding all of the random spawn items, buying Writ's Bell and getting the pattern to drop off Izual, then you have to purchase each new difficulty's pattern from the potion vendor in act4.
Reply Quote
Ahh, okay, thank you. You don't have to find the individual items in each difficulty though?

Slash how much is the total? ~1.5m?
Reply Quote
you only have to find the items to craft the original normal staff, upgrading to higher difficulties merely requires buckets of gold.
Reply Quote
View profile
okay, all of the item's can be found on all difficulty's the plans are best to do on normal because anything worse izual will take more then 3-4 hits to take down. may have to run it multiple times:

easiest to hardest items:
wirt's bell
shroom
bone
rainbow
gem

that is imo easiest to worse. but your opinion's will vary i heard loot is about the same as act 4 of any difficulty going in with 5 neph's will get good loot sometimes.
Reply Quote
Find all the items in any difficulty to make the Staff of Herding. When you go to craft it, the mats will be listed like normal.

Once you have that staff, you take it and the gold:
Nightmarish - 200,000g (and normal staff)
Hellish - 500,000g (and nightmarish staff)
Inferno - 1,000,000g.. (and hellish staff)

..to the blacksmith and he will craft the next difficulty staff.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Find all the items in any difficulty to make the Staff of Herding. When you go to craft it, the mats will be listed like normal.

Once you have that staff, you take it and the gold:
Nightmarish - 200,000g (and normal staff)
Hellish - 500,000g (and nightmarish staff)
Inferno - 1,000,000g.. (and hellish staff)

..to the blacksmith and he will craft the next difficulty staff.

And it should also be noted that the staff is NOT a one time use, and higher level versions can be used of lower level difficulties. So if you have the inferno staff, you can access the level in normal, nightmare, and hell modes.
Reply Quote
Ahh, thanks everybody for not trolling. I really appreciate it
Reply Quote
Say if I have all items from Hell and missing one item. Can I get an item on Normal to make my Hell staff?
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Warrior
Where do you farm the different items for staff? Is there an NPC one goes to for staff assembly?
Edited by LadeeTrouble#1170 on 11/2/2012 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]