Diablo® III

Key Bindings Reset

Summary :: Non-critical key bindings reset after each log (log out / log in)

Description ::

The primary character functions that are default as 1/2/3/4 buttons, I have changed to A/S/D/F. These are not affected with each log.

But the key bindings such as changing Inventory from (I) to (V), or Skills Menu to (R), and Move to (E) will reset with each log. These are commonly the only three buttons that I change (Inventory, Skills Menu, Move), so I am unaware if it occurs with any other bound keys.

Currently I am running a Quad-Core Intel Mac Pro, with software version 10.6.8.

This bug is more of an inconvenience than anything else, it's becoming a pain to have to change it every time I play.

I hope this was a well written post, please let me know if I can help any other way.

-carlo
Reply Quote
Same issue. Also applies to all the menus in the first set of keys (skill menu, companion etc.).
PC running Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

During my first character I changed the keybindings and later on I changed them again. On logout they revert to what I first changed them to (i.e. not to the default binds).
Reply Quote
I AM YOUR SAVIOR, AND I HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR DILEMMA

1. Right click on Diablo 3 icon.
2. Click on "Properties".
3. Go under the "Shortcut" tab, then click "Advanced..."
4. Check the "Run as administrator" box and click "OK"
5. Go under the "Compatibility" tab, then click "Change settings for all users".
6. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" at the bottom.
7. Click "OK", "OK", then start Diablo 3 and answer "Yes" when asked if you want to make changes to your computer.

Now the game will remember all of your key bindings whenever you save them and exit Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
Same issue on Vista. Tried TheDrifter's solution but it did not fix the issue. For me it keeps remapping page up/down.

I wonder how many people are affected by this and why it is not adressed? Would seem trivial, but then maybe it's not.
Reply Quote
I AM YOUR SAVIOR, AND I HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR DILEMMA

1. Right click on Diablo 3 icon.
2. Click on "Properties".
3. Go under the "Shortcut" tab, then click "Advanced..."
4. Check the "Run as administrator" box and click "OK"
5. Go under the "Compatibility" tab, then click "Change settings for all users".
6. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" at the bottom.
7. Click "OK", "OK", then start Diablo 3 and answer "Yes" when asked if you want to make changes to your computer.

Now the game will remember all of your key bindings whenever you save them and exit Diablo 3.

Simply. . . NO. Most people who've had this issue already run D3 as Administrator, and/or that didn't help one bit. HERE is what I believe to be the issue and workaround:

Someone put in a ticket, and via e-mail a Blizzard CS Rep. found that it WAS a known issue after all. The CS Rep. (not a Blue in this forum) was able to at least describe the gist of what was going on. That let me go back and set up my most important bindings and have them STICK finally. This is a huge improvement until they actually fix the bug.

Somewhere around the 27th change you make to the default key bindings you'll run into the reverting issue. So screenshot your bindings and set them all back to default and restart your game client. Then prioritize the keys you really want to customize and set them a few at a time until you hit the "limit" where the bug kicks in.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178096?page=1#13
Reply Quote
"So screenshot your bindings and set them all back to default and restart your game client. Then prioritize the keys you really want to customize and set them a few at a time until you hit the "limit" where the bug kicks in."

Absolutely absurd.

I had the ability to save button configs on SNES games. How long ago was that? Blizzard has how much more money than the companies who made those games?

If I'm paying $60 for a game, I should not to have to do some stupid work-around BS to get it to work right.

Do what I did, get a refund.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]