Diablo® III

AH - Only 3 preferred stats?

So Kripp releases a video complaining about this and 4 other ridiculous issues and they come out and fix it. Just like they patched everything else. Sweeet
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:14 AMPosted by padako
Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

actual feedback. YAY!
this is a much needed improvement.

My thoughts exactly i thought blizzard died along with d3 here for while the thing I liked most about blizzard was communication which im starting to see a lack of.

But on topic please this is a NEEDED improvement and as fast as possible.
Reply Quote
it's positive atleast, but we still don't know the ETA of the patch
Reply Quote
ABSOLUTELY and AMEN!!!! It is such a pain in the !@# to look at an item that on its surface looks to be a decent or even awesome upgrade to the weapon/item that you have only to spend hard earned gold on it to see all red numbers in the comparison window once you get it into your stash. Or is this by design? Keep players spending gold they don't have on gear they can't use or likely even resell so that they have to keep playing and farming more gold? I suppose if it were a monthly subscription like WoW I would say without a doubt the latter, but since it's not I can't understand it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, all the changes you want to do are going to be great improvements, :)

08/02/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Lylirra
Making it so that stat increases which come from slotted gems aren't taken into account when searching for equipment is absolutely on the "to do" list.

I just wanted to mention that while often this is useful, and I wished I had this option, I do want it to be an option... sometimes I actually want to search for 200 Vit and get matches with sockets included. Other times I want to search for 200 VIT AND an empty gem slot. Not sure the best solution, I suppose the "not counting" is better overall if it has to be one or the other...

It does mean there's no point pre-loading gems to items when selling them, which has upsides and downsides, but could mean socketed items are going to come up on searches much less unless you are specifically looking for sockets.
Edited by FleckerMan#2399 on 8/2/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so i didnt read this whole post, if someone else mentioned this im sorry but rather then making the AH more complicated with 6 preferred stats leave it at three and add a check box to search within these results this would allow a infinite amount of preferred stats to be searched for

then you can start with the 3 main stats you want and search within those results for other not so important stats for your self
Edited by FiSH#1988 on 8/2/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Lylirra
When is 1.04?

Soon™.

(Sorry, dude. Had to do it. =/)

When is "soon" then^^ :)
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
I don't play the game anymore because there is just too much wrong with it but it's nice to see some actual responses. It's nice to see that the AH will get some much needed improvements, things that probably should have just been there from the beginning. However, if I was still playing, the main issue isn't the functionality of the AH but rather what's on the AH: Items. All of the Items on the AH are lame because all items are boring in general. Even the Legendaries were extremely unimpressive, not just numerical stat wise, which they were, but even the stats themselves were terrible on almost every Legendary. I sincerely hope that when you buff legendaries, you don't just up the overall values of each stat. That would be quite laughable. There's been a number of great threads regarding what you could do with Items to make them more exciting, so I won't go over it here, but if you want to see some actual cool items I recommend checking out http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/uniques.shtml.

TL;DR... Thanks for the feedback, letting us know what you're working on, and improving the search features of the AH... now please, fix the real problem with Diablo 3 - super lame boring Items.
Reply Quote
Besides the ability to search for offhand dmg, how about also adding the ability to filter the block % of shields (not the added affix, but the actual total block %)

EDIT: Also any chance of having mouse-over displays not just for equipment, but also Gems, Plans and sold items in the Completed Tab?
Edited by Arya#1294 on 8/2/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

So you're going to revert the AH back to what you had it at in 2011?!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback!

We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6.

up to 6.

DOUBLED IT!
Edited by FruitVendor#2561 on 8/2/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

I haven't logged on D3 for about a month, but I don't recall there being any stats on items with a value higher than 999, so why the change? o.o
Reply Quote
Awesome. This needed to happen a while ago, but I'm glad it's being implemented.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to search for gear for a Critical Mass build?!
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Myramong
We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

I haven't logged on D3 for about a month, but I don't recall there being any stats on items with a value higher than 999, so why the change? o.o

+ Life from Health globes... melee attackers take xxxx damage, to name a few.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Another great addition would actually showing if that items gives you + stats if you selected "Find gear for ... " I think thats what i says. That way if someone is specifically looking gear for one of their toons they dont have to really think whether that 7% ais will be better than a higher dps or more main stat. Just saying it would be really helpful :)
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

Holyhells.....

What journey did you all go on that took you from the forums for so long?

Not complaining but seriously, where in all of Creation have you Blues been?

BAHAMAS
Reply Quote
how about fixing the trade screen so that 70% of the people in trade channel dont try to delete a zero and hit accept...made a thread and blizz mods ignore? this is such a simple fix its kind of ridiculous that its still going....
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6201710361
Reply Quote
Lylira, i have one question. Is there a possibility to add option to compare items from AH to items we are wearing? It will be very helpful, most of time when I find some good item on AH i wonder "do it will better than my?" and i won't buy :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]