Diablo® III

AH - Only 3 preferred stats?

08/02/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Farfnyd
It's also telling that ActiBlizzard already had the AH interface they are inplementing in their Demo (I refuse to call it a Beta). This is an acceptable change to them as they won't have to spend any money or time programming the new interface which is in line with their "culture of thrift".

It does feel like if a proposed change to Diablo 3 doesn't have the lingering scent of high profit margin, ActiBlizzard is just not interested. How even this much of their player base stuck around to play this green ridden leper colony of a game is insane.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 11:54 AMPosted by S3nior
Lyli, I won't flame you for the AH-only updates only because you are hot.

+1
Reply Quote
Lylirra I am going to name my first born after you. Thank you.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Omina
Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

So basically your just giving us what was in the alpha build than.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/screenshots/?keywords=&view#/auction-house-searchequip-currency

^Posted over 1 year ago.

THIS! can we at least get some explanation why did u cut it from 6 to 3? and now u're saying that u'll bump it to 6 like it's an "additional" feature?
Reply Quote
what about the issue that gem values are being added to the stat values of the item??

it makes almost imposssible to find good upgrades for socketed items
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889160401?page=1
Edited by Yaddar#1770 on 8/2/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what about the issue that gem values are being added to the stat values of the item??

it makes almost imposssible to find good upgrades for socketed items

She addressed that.. you will be able to search for open sockets yes..
Reply Quote
your options are to flip auctions all day for weeks on end, find several lottery items in a row or

Two words:
Personal Life.

Hopefully with adjustments to auction house and legendary items prices will actually come down in the top tier range.

I am truly hoping for that. Not going out of NORMAL mode till then.

Stuck in Normal difficulty? You should be able to progress all the way to inferno without the auction house, other than maybe a weapon depending on your class. I give away 10 million a night, recently in Ziss's stream. I'd personally donate a mil to you if you're really struggling in nightmare.
Edited by Xandir#1709 on 8/2/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is brilliant on Blizzard's part. Release a half-baked idea for something they make essential to the game (unfortunately, I hate the AH and that it feels so necessary to gear your character), let it remained poorly implemented for a long time while fans point out again and again about a minor easy way to fix it, then they say it's something they're considering doing in the future and people thank them.

I'm more annoyed that their extensive testing didn't make them realize it should have been worked out long before release.
Reply Quote
Lylirra - Thank you for the information and for answering our questions to the best of your ability. The Soon TM response was too funny. But seriously, without sounding like too much of a die hard blizzard fan boy I am glad that we have CMs such as you and all the others (even Bashiok). The masses love to complain but when you stop saying things they just complain more so I imagine it feels like a lose-lose situation for you. However speaking for myself and countless others we would be lost without the information we can glean from your posts.

++ for information and for humorous posts.
Reply Quote
Mobeus,

Games take time to work out the details, figure out what the player base wants and what they need, and fulfill those needs to extend the life of the game. I know that Diablo 3 has dissapointed a lot of people - my friends that I used to play with included - however lets be honest. Diablo 2 wasn't released as the best game ever. It went through iterations and patches just like every game that blizzard has made and each time it got slightly better. Then Lord of Destruction launched and it seemed like an entirely different game full of awesome.

Like I said I am a blizzard fanboy so my perspective is skewed, and I'm also an auction house nut. I quit "playing" wow long before I canceled my account because I was having too much fun making money on the auction house. I think that any game that is going to survive ages needs to have the auction house to appeal to certain classes of players. Diablo 2 did well without an auction house but when Diablo 2 came out Auction houses weren't as popular in games as they are now.

My two cents. I expect the downvote. Thanks for playing. :)
Reply Quote
Xandir,

Zisss and Juk3 ++ thanks for donating to the streams and to the community. As an aside to players who are not happy with the game please check out Juk3, Zisss or any of the other diablo 3 streamers on twitch.tv. The community is awesome and the streamers are legendary.
Reply Quote
I was afraid this day would come...

Rejoice, all AH flippers out there, the days of missing out on awesome deals because you can only search for 3 stats are going to be over soon! The rest of us will have zero chances of finding good deals after this change!

AH botters should be extremely happy, too.
Reply Quote
View profile
Edited by Nighthunter4#1650 on 8/2/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lylirra
Community Manager

08/02/2012 11:12 AMPosted by ChaosLeech
When is 1.04?

Soon™.

(Sorry, dude. Had to do it. =/)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon
:)
Edited by Sheldor#1119 on 8/2/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MAKE IT SO YOU CAN SEARCH STATS ON LEGENDARY/SET ITEMS!

It's stupid. The same named Legendary and Set items vary SO incredibly much it makes no sense to not allow searching based on stats while looking up a legendary/set item.

So, while you are updating the AH search...DO THIS TOO!
Reply Quote

It's stupid. The same named Legendary and Set items vary SO incredibly much it makes no sense to not allow searching based on stats while looking up a legendary/set item.

She said they would (somewhere in here)... just look at the Diablofan's tracker of this thread.

Thanks Blizz :)
Reply Quote
Lylirra already said they are planning on doing this
Reply Quote

We're definitely working on filling the missing gaps. On a somewhat related note, we also want players to be able to search for stats on Legendary items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]