Diablo® III

AH - Only 3 preferred stats?

08/02/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

Thank you.

Blue posts are like treasure goblins. A bit hard to find, but sometimes can be rewarding. ;)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

OPEN SOCKETS.

OPEN SOCKETS.

OPEN SOCKETS.

OPEN F'ING SOCKETS!!!!!
Reply Quote
Mobeus,

Games take time to work out the details, figure out what the player base wants and what they need, and fulfill those needs to extend the life of the game. I know that Diablo 3 has dissapointed a lot of people - my friends that I used to play with included - however lets be honest. Diablo 2 wasn't released as the best game ever. It went through iterations and patches just like every game that blizzard has made and each time it got slightly better. Then Lord of Destruction launched and it seemed like an entirely different game full of awesome.

Like I said I am a blizzard fanboy so my perspective is skewed, and I'm also an auction house nut. I quit "playing" wow long before I canceled my account because I was having too much fun making money on the auction house. I think that any game that is going to survive ages needs to have the auction house to appeal to certain classes of players. Diablo 2 did well without an auction house but when Diablo 2 came out Auction houses weren't as popular in games as they are now.

My two cents. I expect the downvote. Thanks for playing. :)

I was a blizzard fanboy until this game came out, it really disappointed me that much, and I was in line a few hours before opening on release day to get the CE. I expected the patches, the fixes and etc. over months and years, but the game came out so underwhelming and unpolished, unfinished, and cheesy that I can't even see those patches and fixes helping without overhauling the whole game. It should not have been released until it was absolutely finished, then patched for stuff they wouldn't have caught easily (hard to believe that teleporting past a group of enemies, or ressing during combat was missed).

First play through, normal was okay, the gear wasn't really impressive, I was looking forward to nightmare because normal was easy, but it was so easy that I barely had to pay attention to get through. I was focused on the story, waiting for that twist, waiting for the cool boss fights and places off the beaten path that would make the lore really draw me in. That never came, and it was a big disappointment because as much as people say "Diablo 2 had no story, D3 is the same," I found that the previous title DID have story, it did draw you in, and the characters were cool in the little dialogue they had. Diablo 3 had 2 games to draw from as well as a trilogy of books and 5 that I read, probably more that I haven't picked up yet to bring lore into the game, but it's like it skipped all that and as people say 'phoned in the story'.

Nightmare it started to get interesting, but each progressive difficulty only added another affix to champions, no resistances or immunites to them (inferno zombies can be killed with fire...weird when they crawl out of a furnace before attacking you.) It quickly got old because they didn't get the new abilities that developers claimed we'd only see in later difficulties, bosses were exactly the same (not even a different hue like diablo 2), something to show a difference in difficulties. There were a few unique events like the crumbling vault and wheel of misfortune, but cooler end game stuff like pandamonium event and chaos tristram would have given a chance to really explore the game.

And lastly, co-op was so badly implimented, it's puzzling how it passed their paid testers. 110% life increase discourages group play. 90% would have been better, or 75% per player would make people want to play together because it's in increase in life, but sticks with that group play killing stuff faster. As it stands now, 2 players will kill something slower than 1 would. Magic find is just bad too, split between multiple players, who came up with that?

I don't know why you'd be down voted, but it wouldn't be from me.
Edited by Anfini#1922 on 8/2/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to be able check the auction house while in game!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
My posts in this thread were censored. I did not delete them.
Reply Quote
Stop everything ! an actual improvement ?!?!? Did i read it correctly ?
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Evilate

And when can we expect this? Why does something as simple as that take months, yet anything that might benefit a player gets fixed overnight?

Dude...if they fixed it overnight like you're crying about you would just say "Why do you pay so much attention to the RMAH fixes when there are OTHER more important problems to fix..."

Typical.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:53 AMPosted by dsinagreat
A way to save searches would be nice.

Agreed +1
Reply Quote
Do any of you people who are complaining about how long this fix is taking to implement actually know how coding works and how much stress long compound queries can put on a database, especially for the 72 hours after the fix is implemented when everyone logs in simultaneously to use said search engine?

There are logistics that must be taken into account and the routine must be carefully tested and deployed otherwise the complaints would be "how can you release such crap and not have it working right as soon as it is released!!?"
Reply Quote
We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

Thank you. It's really quite annoying for the limitation to be there in the first place, seeing as how many stats can easily go above 3 digits. But I'm happy to see it on a to-do list nonetheless
Reply Quote
This is great news for all I say, it's definitely been on my list of wants although there are a few more 'issues' they could remedy at the same time surely. Like comparing stats of the item you're interested in as what happens when you use the in game vendors! Sorting by DPS, being able to save a search or item to come back to later once you've earned enough to put on the lowest bid or buyout, the missing affixes and lastly, being able to sort by DPS with the legendaries! Now that last 1 is a little strange that it's not available as standard because you can do it with normals/rare's so what's the difference?
Anyway, good start, I hope that more improved and wanted features are added and sooner rather than later. I know it can take time to code and fault find but surely with all the people they have on their team it shouldn't take a great deal of time to put together. Roll on patch 1.0.4 so we can see what goodies it brings us!
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 10:15 AMPosted by manny

can u guys make it so we can search the DPS on items like offhands, its not an option yet
Reply Quote

6 isn't enough!

Some regular rares have 7 stats. Wiz/WD offhands often have 7 due to their damage stat. I found a helm with the following stats:

75 dex
69 vit
47 lightning resist
67 resist all
4% life
18% magic find
9% increase to fist of thunder

THAT IS 7 STATS. And that doesn't include the basic armor that's on it. And legendaries and set items can have more than 7.

If you are going to take the effort to expand the search engine to 6, go to at least 7.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Farfnyd
My posts in this thread were censored. I did not delete them.

At least you didn't get banned. Be thankful.
Reply Quote
Holyhells.....

What journey did you all go on that took you from the forums for so long?

Not complaining but seriously, where in all of Creation have you Blues been?

There was a conference call today, so investors are doing their due diligence. Chances are, a lot of them will come and take a look at the forums. Having a temporary blue presence is good for image.

My theory anyway.
Reply Quote
Yippee ... DPS search for the off-hand as well please.
Reply Quote

I do find this very good... BUT... please enhance the trade and barter in some way too, to improve the social aspect of the game. Thanks.
Reply Quote
So, Blues are allowed to Necro posts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]