Diablo® III

Stuck at updating Blizzard Launcher

It's at 0% and nothing is moving? Help. I am not getting any error messages either.

My internet connection is perfectly fine as I am posting this from the same computer.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
songhaegyo

Check out the steps mentioned in this support article to see if they help. Let me know what happens.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
Mine said stuck at 0% for a really long time too and then suddenly it jumped to 100% done I suggest just waiting for a while.
Reply Quote
are u get this when u try to get on (An unexpected error occurred while updating
required files. Please try again.)
Reply Quote
I just waited a little bit and it updated after windows asked if I wanted to give it access, then BAM all was good...took about 5 minutes wait.
Reply Quote
yea. The window popped out after 10 minutes like CRAX said. I suggest speeding these things up though.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
songhaegyo

Cool, so the installer started working for you? Did it finish installing without any issues?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
Way my internet is it drops sometimes so it's dropped twice during this installation <downloading client with help of friends free pass> and i had to restart the client the first time to restart the download it started back up at 29% where it was went to dinner and got to about 41% came back dropped again so now its just stuck at 0% updating blizzard launcher and its been like this for at least 20 minutes i tried the support from with no avail can anyone help?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I am also having this issue. Nothing has fixed it so far.
Reply Quote
i just restarted and loaded the launcher up and put me back where it was try restarting
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
So now the patch has updated, but when I press play it just sits at 'Launching...' with nothing happening. Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, I found a fix in the forums (from a player, ofc). If it is stuck at 'Launching...', Ctrl + Alt + Escape and close the Agent.exe file
Reply Quote
I was playing fine and have good internet connection, after this new patch was installed, my launcher is stuck at 0% and hasn't moved in 10min. I followed your previous link for help and have not been able to solve this problem.
Please advise me on what I can do to solve this problem.
Reply Quote
06/09/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Boodizzle
Well, I found a fix in the forums (from a player, ofc). If it is stuck at 'Launching...', Ctrl + Alt + Escape and close the Agent.exe file

worked!!
Reply Quote
I also am stuck at "Updating Blizzard Launcher (0%)" and have been for a while. I updated it once normally after the patch and it asked me to restart the launcher. When I did it only gave me the option to install diablo 3 and I tried that but it said I was missing data. When i restarted the launcher again I get stuck at "Updating Blizzard Launcher (0%)".
To clarify I have not yet downloaded nor installed the new patch, all my problems have stemmed from the launcher itself.
Edited by Landshark#1462 on 6/19/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had this problem too. I waited as they suggested and it eventually updated. If you wait 10 minutes and nothing. Move on to another step.
Reply Quote
start task manager and end launcher process "Agent.exe"
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Like Boodizzle said,

Go into Task Manager and end the agent.exe program, it will reset the launcher. This is how I got mine to patch after sitting with 0% for 30 minutes.
Reply Quote
ok try restarting your computer, this worked for me.
Reply Quote
this actually works on Mac OS as well. Agent locks up. So either killing that process or restarting the computer will fix the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]