Diablo® III

Inferno not updating quests

I have, twice now, killed Belial in Act II Inferno. Both times that I have done this, after a lengthy 20 to 30 minute battle, I've moved into Act III, killed a handful of mobs, repaired, etc, and then logged off either to check auctions, go outside (the light, it burns), or some other thing.

I am able to access Act III if I hit resume game from this point. However, if I choose to go to another quest (for example, today I went back to Act I to open Inferno Whimsyshire for a friend of mine to farm) it removes my access to Act III. It doesn't give me the option of accessing the final quest after killing Belial to move on; it simply puts me back at The Lord of Lies and then I have to go back and attempt to kill him again.

Honestly, I really don't want to go back and spend another hour trying to avoid being one shot through my 800+ resists and 7k armor while I attempt to kite and kill dozens of adds and kill a boss again only to have this happen again. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, you need to light the signal beacons to retain the ability to stay in Act 3 after killing Belial if you switch quests to try to farm. It's a pain in the butt, especially as tough as Belial often is the first time you kill him.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 6/8/2012 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Me and my friends have the same problems as you described with updating the quest for act3, after ending act2 with belial if you log off.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Tiakatt
Unfortunately, you need to light the signal beacons to retain the ability to stay in Act 3 after killing Belial if you switch quests to try to farm. It's a pain in the butt, especially as tough as Belial often is the first time you kill him.

All right, thanks for the tip. Guess next time I'll tell my friend to screw off and get his own Staff of Herding. LOL. Another 30 minute fight with Belial it is.
Edited by Crono#1141 on 6/8/2012 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know, it sucks. When I killed Belial (after hours of failure over 2 or 3 days, interspersed with gold farming to upgrade gear), I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to complete that quest without going back and farming. But once you get it done, it's done. Best of luck, man!
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 6/8/2012 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]