Diablo® III

GPU Upgrade Time, Suggestions?

Hey all, my 5450 is not standing up to D3, and its time to upgrade it. I am planning on building a new system in a couple months, so I don't need top of the line, just a good suggestion. My current specs are:

4 GB Ram
AMD Phenom II X4 955
PSU is 600W, so power shouldn't be a problem for 1 GPU.

Probably looking at a 6770 or so, but input is always a bonus!

Thanks all!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
6770 is great budget card, although if that 600W is 80 Plus certified, you can push for up to 6870. After 6870, diminishing returns hit pretty hard vs. cost
Reply Quote
Agreed. If you're gunning for a 6770, I suggest you set your sights a wee bit higher and go for a 6870 instead for the has a sweet price/performance ratio. That said, you can go a notch lower to the 6850 if you're strapped for cash.
Reply Quote
Skip the 6xxx series and get a nice AMD7850 from XFX, great warranty good prices and actually a good afther market cooling solution on the PCB.
Reply Quote
Ya go for the 7850. The heat generation/wattage use is just brilliant on that card.

And you can easily oc it to extend it's life in a year or 2; though you won't need to for D3, it'll crush this game.

((Just make sure you have enough space on your mobo and case for it...and the plugins for the psu))
Reply Quote
how much do you have to spend?
Reply Quote
get a 7850 or 7770 they will open up that quad core.
Reply Quote
gtx 460 u can get one for about 100$ best bang for ur buck imo
Reply Quote
I have a 6770 and It works great with everything maxed.
Reply Quote
Was looking for something around the $100 mark. So far I would have to say I still like the looks of the 6770. I am less inclined to go with a 6870, 6850, or 7xxx just for the fact that I really will only use this as my gaming rig for a couple more months. At that point it will just become an extra computer my friends can use when they come over as I'll be putting a gtx 670 or so in the new one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]