Diablo® III

Belial Inferno Issues - Upgrades Needed?

Been working on Belial for the past couple days and it seems that P2 ends up being a brick wall for me. Would like to get past him and go forward into Act 3.

My current build:
Main: Hungering Arrow/Devouring Arrow
Secondary: Elemental Arrow/Nether Tentacles
1: Smoke Screen/Lingering Fog
2: Preparation/Backup Plan
3: Caltrops/Torturous Ground
4: Companion/Bat

Passives:
Tactical Advantage
Archery
Steady Shot

***Will post accurate stats when servers are up - All stats are approximates from memory***
Gear:
Helm: 70dex/51vita 1 Socket: Flawless Square Amy
Shoulder: 136dex/67vita
Chest: 80dex 3 Socket: 3x Flawless Square Emerald
Hands: 131dex/101vita 22% crit damage
Bracers: 90dex/50vita
Ring 1: 60dex 15% IAS
Ring 2: 53dex 15% IAS
Belt: 113dex/40vita
Boots: 131dex/12% movement speed
MH: 2H Xbow - 894 dps 49% Crit Damage
OH: 71dex +10 disc 1 Socket: Flawless Square Emerald

Dex: 1468
Crit Hit %: Cannot recall approximate
Crit Damage %: Cannot recall approximate
DPS: 28.5K - With Passives Above

I'm sitting around 4M Gold, have been farming Butcher with ease.

Can I kill Belial with current setup? (Non-Cheese Please). Do I need upgrades, if so where would my money best be spent?

My biggest issue on him is in P2 - He'll run toward me I start to move and even being, what I'd consider, out of his range he hits me and kills me - not familiar with his range on his punch. Snake minions also seem to be killing me often as well while trying to either move - I do not one shot them.

I've entered P3 once solo, made a mistake. Got to P3 once with a group, they died, trying to rez I died. P3 seems a lot easier, getting there is the brick wall.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I too have been having issues with P2, mainly when he zooms up and sucker-punches me. I can handle the adds (although it can get hectic with them and him spamming his ranged) and have also reached P3 before, but I consistently die to the most seemingly trivial thing. Would love to know if anyone has any idea how much life/res/armor I could stack to reliably NOT get one-shot by his damn punches. Only thing really holding me back tbh.

EDIT: Have tried just popping SS when he's about to do it, but on occasion I'll lack the disc needed. Plenty of times I conveniently "dodge" right before I pop it, annoyingly.
Edited by Goliathic#1222 on 5/30/2012 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Part 1 & 3 are easy, it's part 2 that is hard. Even then it's not 'hard' you just need good enough gear to burst him down before the adds start to spawn.
Reply Quote
In my experience the best way to beat Belial is to farm act I until you have really good gear.

I beat him solo for the first time when i had about 35k dps without sharpshooter, went up to 70k with it

I used OP's skill setup exactly as is.

For phase 2 start out running away, he will charge, but wont swipe if you're on the move. once you have a comfortable distance to get a few shots off do so and SS when he gets into melee range and run away.
Basically the part of that phase while he's chasing is the "survive" part. When he stops to cast his three balls at you is when you turn and spam your nether tentacles as hard as you can while sidestepping. It's a tricky balancing act though when the adds start coming in. Lucky dodges here and there in this phase have allowed me to get to his 3rd phase a few times.

For phase 3 its all about dodging the green circles, and SSing the breath.

IIRC i had about 18k hp when i killed him. caltrops for the adds and the templar follower help, i've also heard the enchantress is good for her cc on the adds.
Reply Quote
Stack disc to make it more easier.
Reply Quote
I beat Belial solo with a little less DPS (around 24k). What you need is a good movespeed (18%+ which is achievable with lacunis prowlers, you can buy the cheapest on the AH) and lots of discipline (I had 50 when i beat him) to last in P2, after that, P3 is a piece of cake.

P.S. I have around 30k dps when i first fought him but only have 40 discipline, then I experimented and wore max discipline gear and that made me defeat him
Reply Quote
Rain of Vengeance or Sentry may give you the dps edge you need in P2. Those snakes can also be pretty damn obnoxious.

If you run at about an 80 degree angle from his rush he will miss you.
Reply Quote
Get your templar at 70k+ health and ss when he first goes to hit you in p2 and then burn him and ss as necessary. Your templar will be able to take some hits while you burn.
Reply Quote
Spike Trap
Cost: 30 Hatred
Lay a trap that arms after 1.2 seconds and triggers when an enemy approaches. The trap does 275% weapon damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Lightning Rod
When the trap is triggered it releases a pulse of lightning that will bounce up to 3 enemies for 275% weapon damage as Lightning.

I just left a bunch of these all over the place as I fought and they would usually 2 shot the snakes.
Reply Quote
Here is the optimal build for belial:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRjXTV!YeT!YcYZZa

Here is the strategy/playstyle used to defeat him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0WPWl_X4zM

I beat him using this build/strategy with 42k damage (with sharpshooter) after about 10 tries. As long as you have 42k damage with SS you can defeat belial, because I have done it 3 times with that damage stat. I am now farming inferno belial and it takes me an average of 2 deaths before I kill him, but I am getting better at it all the time. Phase 2 is the hardest part. Phase 3 is easymode as long as you have full discipline + preperation ready. For inferno Belial, every other stat besides damage is irrelevant since if you get hit by anything you are going to die.

Edit: forgot to mention +max discipline is also useful. I had +15 for this fight.
Edited by Argo#1421 on 5/30/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I killed him with 22k dps (Without Sharpshooter), 20k hp with 2.7k armor.

caltrops for adds, ss and prep. Also had rain of vengeance with stampede to help staying away from adds.

Phase two adds started to spawn when he was at 60%, try to walk around and position the adds in line with balial so your nether kill them too. Most of the time SS was used to dodge his charge attack.

Once you get into phase 3 its auto win.
Reply Quote
I killed him with 22k dps (Without Sharpshooter), 20k hp with 2.7k armor.

caltrops for adds, ss and prep. Also had rain of vengeance with stampede to help staying away from adds.

Phase two adds started to spawn when he was at 60%, try to walk around and position the adds in line with balial so your nether kill them too. Most of the time SS was used to dodge his charge attack.

Once you get into phase 3 its auto win.

Exactly like it was for me... your stats are fine, its not the problem.

Clever kiting and luck with Caltrops and spawns in P2, just try until you live through it, i always shot in direction of belial in P2 and killed adds who lined up.

If you get to P3 its freewin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]