Diablo® III

Act II Belial Solo With Witch Doctor

(Locked)

I just recently killed Belial after wiping out 4 times. At first, I thought it was impossible but after about 20 minutes of research, I found out it was really easy. After seeing a lot of people thinking that the Witch Doctor was underpowered and couldn't do this, I made a set of spells you could use if you're having trouble. This only requires you to be level 23, and is geared towards people who are playing on the normal difficulty.

Left Click: Poison Dart, Splinter Rune
Right Click: Spirit Barrage, The Spirit is Willing Rune
Key 1: Haunt, Resentful Spirit Rune
Key 2: Spirit Walk, Jaunt Rune
Key 3: Summon Zombie Dogs, Rabid Dogs Rune
Key 4: Gargantuan, Humongoid Rune
Passive 1: Jungle Fortitude
Passive 2: Bad Medicine

This build is aiming towards damage over time while keeping poison on him to get the 20% less damage from the Bad Medicine passive. While running around and dodging the deadly green circles on the ground, hit him with poison dart. Once he stops his big green circles, spam Spirit Barrage and use Haunt. Make sure to keep your Dogs and Gargantuan attacking him, and if you're in a tough situation (trapped in green circles) use Spirit Walk to run to a safe place. Have Fun, and post what you think of it!
This worked for me first try.

Thank you!
Left Click: Poison Dart, Splinter Rune
Right Click: Spirit Barrage, The Spirit is Willing Rune
Key 1: Haunt, Resentful Spirit Rune
Key 2: Spirit Walk, Jaunt Rune
Key 3: Summon Zombie Dogs, Rabid Dogs Rune
Key 4: Gargantuan, Humongoid Rune
Passive 1: Jungle Fortitude
Passive 2: Bad Medicine

very similar to my first build when i got to gargantuan
Awesome! worked for me first try as well on nightmare.

Thanks
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I guess I am/was 24/25 when I did him.

Fire bomb
Haunt / Consuming Spirit
Zombie Dogs (with no rune I should have used either rabid or final)
Sacrifice/next of kin
Acid Cloud
Gargantuan

Went smooth and easy with the healing I got from Haunt. No doubt many builds work very well depending on play style, offering this one for comparison.
Exploding FROGS!!!!! When he goes to stage 3 and he turns into a giant demon, I just walk straight up to him and throw out every last exploding frog in my sack. His hit box is so large that 99% of those beautiful little critters hit him. Just don't stand right on top of Belial or the frogs will go behind you (i'm guessing they need a small spot to be placed on before they run forward).

Matter of fact, I cleared all of normal with those wonderful frogs. So much damage!
Very nice - wiped four times with my previous build (now ex-build), did it first time with this. Thanks for that!
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I didnt try the amphibious assault on Belial, I have had a great deal of fun with it thought the rest of the game though :)
39 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually can't solo Belial on any difficulty; I need a friend to help. The fight puts me at 7-15 fps and I can barely move ><
Thank you for this, before I fought him I googled him to get some idea of what I would be up against and found this. I put this build into effect and took him out in one try. It has my endorsement.
Glad you guys liked it!
Totally worked!!!!!! So awesome. I died so many times before and almost gave up but this totally helped. Thanks!!!
thanks!

i died 8 times before.

using your skill combo, i kill belial on the first try. solo.
He killed it back in May - Back before any nerfs. If you can't kill him solo now, no offense but honestly it shows that your reactions / judgement skills are pretty poor.

I killed him in the first month of d3 coming out, back before anything was nerfed. Took me around 80 attempts as a glass cannon WD - The entire fight, had to dodge everything. Only 1 mistake was allowed (spirit vessel), apart from that, it was a extremely unforgiving fight.

Now, he's cake.
86 Human Death Knight
I wiped on him a few times and came up to see what I was doing wrong. I had been used to the easy mobs and so my build was based mostly on damage and no survival. All it took was to switch to the life steal haunt and that was enough to top me off if he clipped me with one of his massive aoe attacks.
Stop reviving ancient posts please.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]