Diablo® III

A different take on Barbarian builds(discuss)

first thing is first. keep in mind, the parenthesis info are for people who aren't too familiar with the skills so they can chime in without having to google, or open an app....

my build
left click - frenzy (attack speed) w/sidearm (%25 chance to hit for %110)
right click - warcry(ac bonus) w/invigorate (%10 life with 300+ health regen per second) which i will switch to impunity(50 to all resistance) at lvl 60

then, stored and triggered in this sequence
1 - ground stomp (stun, duh) w/ wrenching smash (pull them in and follow with....)
2 - revenge w/provocation
3 - furious charge w/ dreadnought (this seems to hit for more health regen than revenge does if i aim it just right)
4 - battle rage - w/ marauder's rage (increased damage makes me happy)

passive are
berserker rage (damage increase at full fury)
tough as nails (ac increase as well as thorns increase, this is about 700 damage per hit for me)
nerves of steel ( AC x 100% of your vit)

so now for the nitty gritty....
as i write this, i am sitting at lvl 56, with what i think are average stats, doing well on most solo fights in hell. i can't access my specific stats, but from what i recall i have about
ROUGHLY
35K HP
1100 STR
1000 VIT
something around 6K damage (with buffs up)
and i have an okay amount of resist (nowhere near what i need for inferno, but i am around 100 of each, some more some less)

i am also sword and board.

what are your takes on post lvl 60 builds for Barbs, i know there are tons of threads about who thinks what is best, and while i think there are definitely given choices, the rest seems to boil down to preference.

i have tinkered around with piercing arrow, and i liked the ranged effect of it, as well as the pullback

i messed around with reduced CD on furious charge, and actually was able to chain charge BIG groups of enemies with almost no damage (loved it)

haven't tried rend, but prefer the damage bonus of berserker rage, and with furious charge i get both good damage, and more often than not a full health refill.

wotb seems like a waste of time for something that lasts for so little, and can be made up with stats if you play your cards right (eff a skill that will only proc once, MAYBE twice during a boss fight)

ignore pain, same thing as wotb (my furious charge not only hits them hard, it heals me for %8 of every enemy hit, every 15 seconds, and it generates fury)

i tried to keep this short, but wanted to see what you guys are having luck with in inferno...
Reply Quote
*crickets*
lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Basically the same build I use except for Wrath of the Berserker instead of Battle Rage and I use the Impunity rune for War Cry (as most people do once they hit a certain resistance threshold).

I clear act 2 inferno easily without skipping any packs and have killed Azmodan, but act 3-4 champ packs are still too much for me.
Edited by Horrorshow#1596 on 5/30/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
Warcry with impunity will really help you "gear" up your resist all for inferno, but you'll probably still have to sacrifice some str/vit as items that have that high str/vit scores AND resist all are pricey, and you need resist all. It's your butter to the bread that is your armor (actual armor number).

Get resist all.
Pick up a high dps weap to compensate for the drop of your str (got a 777 blue for 20k, yeah it's a blue but it allows me to be tanky in everything else and still have damage)

Basically, try your build and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, kripps is a good place to start.
Edited by Disismyhappy#1495 on 5/30/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wotb seems like a waste of time for something that lasts for so little, and can be made up with stats if you play your cards right (eff a skill that will only proc once, MAYBE twice during a boss fight)

ignore pain, same thing as wotb (my furious charge not only hits them hard, it heals me for %8 of every enemy hit, every 15 seconds, and it generates fury)

Yeah, no. WoTB breaks all control effects on your character. Stun, Freeze, Nightmare etc.

The stats you've posted is gonna get you killed against the first zombies before captain rumford.

Beyond Hell, the name of the game is bursting down everything before it bursts you. Then you run your !@# away and do it again.
Reply Quote
i get the importance of resist all, but where would you suggest placing wotb, i want to get a solid build that i can keep so i can utilize NV... and how often can i rely on that? am i running and towning every time i see a champion or elite pack to wait for the cool down?
Reply Quote
Ground stomp isn't very useful in Inferno with the ridiculous CC reduction.

Leap Attack with the 300% armor rune is MUCH more useful
Reply Quote
is a %300 percent increase for 4 seconds really all that helpful? it's only a 10 second CD, but if you are in the think of it, things will be tearing you to pieces in no time.

although, i suppose if you can't live without that armor buff, your stats and build are borked.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
The 300% increase in armor for 4 seconds is actually pretty amazing. Because of the 10 second CD, as long as you use it on CD it has a 40% uptime. Add in Ignore Pain, with the extended duration glyph (Iron Hide), to fill the gaps and you're always taking reduced damage. Alternately, you could use Ignorance is Bliss for some extra self healing on top of Revenge.

Armor functions differently than you would expect it to, it reduces all damage taken, not just physical damage.

Edited for clarity and detail.
Edited by Khor#1529 on 5/30/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well, my ultimate goal is to find a decent build that i play well with, before the time 60 rolls around. am i correct in assuming that NV sets in the first time it procs? since some of the higher end runes only register at 60, and i would switch to them after leveling of course...
Reply Quote
there are SO many different builds out there, but i think i have narrowed it down to these.

at 60

left frenzy with sidearm
right warcry with impunity

1 - leap with iron impact
2 - revenge with provocation
3 - furious charge with dreadnought
4 - battle rage with marauder's rage

(or should i switch out battle rage with something else, such as WOTB or IP?) i am so incredibly torn >_<

passive
berserker rage
nerves of steel
tough as nails
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]