Diablo® III

Shadow Power with Gloom

Has anyone tried playing DH with resist/hp/armor and using the shadow power with the gloom rune? It seems like a lot of damage can be mitigated with 65% damage reduction.
Reply Quote
It's not that Shadow Power/Gloom isn't good but in most situations Smoke Screen is better.

Smoke screen Pro:
- mitigates 100% damage
- breaks CC
- drops aggro
- gives you a speed boost with Tactical Advantage.

Shadow Power/Gloom Pro:
- lasts longer than Smoke Screen
Reply Quote
The problem is that shadow power costs half your discipline and gives you only 3 seconds of very poor life leach (what is it, like 4% in inferno?), and it doesn't even give you invulnerability, which ss will.
Edited by Snowbird#1742 on 5/30/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the main problem is that you need to keep shadow power up pretty much 100% of the time for that to be effective and you run out of discipline too fast

imo shadow power needs to last twice as long or something
Reply Quote
This build works, everyone who says it doesn't has not tried to execute it properly.

My DH has about 25k health, min res is 420, max is 500. I am in act 2, and can take multiple hits from the snake vanishing mobs, or the cats.

The whole reason I use this build is because of the damage reduction, and because glass cannon is extremely frustrating when all the mobs jump/leap/burrow/cloak.

Heres the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXg!VeT!YcZcZY

You can probably change around archery and steady aim, but basically with shadow power and a trap down you get 85% dmg reduction. With some HP armor and resistances you can slowly work through the act. You do sacrifice dmg upfront though.
Reply Quote
Gloom only works if you stack Vit.

My DH is on the Glass Cannon route. 10k health. Everything hits 40k+ and 60% of 40k is...dead.
Reply Quote
Vitality and resistance, vitality alone WONT keep you alive.
Reply Quote
This build works, everyone who says it doesn't has not tried to execute it properly.

My DH has about 25k health, min res is 420, max is 500. I am in act 2, and can take multiple hits from the snake vanishing mobs, or the cats.

The whole reason I use this build is because of the damage reduction, and because glass cannon is extremely frustrating when all the mobs jump/leap/burrow/cloak.

Heres the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXg!VeT!YcZcZY

You can probably change around archery and steady aim, but basically with shadow power and a trap down you get 85% dmg reduction. With some HP armor and resistances you can slowly work through the act. You do sacrifice dmg upfront though.

Basically the same build I am running. Actually works like a *charm* since you can chain SPs for a long time. The main problem is that it doesn't break CC and some things can burn you down right through the Gloom.

Blizzard needs to increase the duration to about 5 seconds for sure.
Reply Quote
This looks really interesting build. I want to try it out. What items should I am for and in which order of priority?

VIT > RESIST > ARMOR ?
Reply Quote
Why aren't yall using sentry with the force field rune? Forgot the name but it has a 15% mitigation as well.. that would 100 percent immune :D
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
A one shot which overkills by double your life times 0.35 is still a one shot.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Anomander
Why aren't yall using sentry with the force field rune? Forgot the name but it has a 15% mitigation as well.. that would 100 percent immune :D

Sentry + Guardian Turret Rune (DR 15%)

would this work? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVgk!VeT!YcZcYc

Gloom 65 + Sentry 15 + Numbing Traps 25 = total 105 DR!!!
Edited by Alucard#1626 on 5/30/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
100k dmg
25% reduc numbing traps
75k dmg
65% reduc gloom
26,250 dmg
15% reduc sentry
22312.5 dmg

thats how it actually works
Reply Quote
Interesting, I will have to buy a new set of armor to try this out sometime.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]