Diablo® III

Next Expansion what Classes?

Hello.

Assuming blizzard even releases a new expansion, what classes are you hoping they include in it?

Me personally, my favorite D2 class was the necromancer, everyone use to !@#$% about my skeleton army, but i use to love it.

Other than the necro, my favorite class was the amazon, and the demon hunter is close enough for me.
Reply Quote
Druid.
Reply Quote
If the game even stays alive for an expansion, it'll probably be a Str user since only 1 class uses Str currently. My guess would be a Knight of some sort.
Reply Quote
A Panda class would be pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Paladin. Blizzard loves paladins/"white knights". They've been in essentially all games Blizzard has released.

SC:Raynor. (White Knight, somewhat of a stretch to call him a paladin but, hey, it is a sci-fi universe)
Diablo: Paladin class, the original "warrior" class to an extent, the Templar in D3

Warcraft: Paladin from WC2, Paladin hero in WC3, Arthas was focus of Human Campaign in WC3, entire class in World of Warcraft.

It would be a strength user, would balance out the trees that way, and would be melee, equalizing the number of melee and ranged classes. It would also be, probably, a healer, making two healer classes (monk/paladin) to complement the two tank classes (monk/barbarian)
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Khelbin
If the game even stays alive for an expansion, it'll probably be a Str user since only 1 class uses Str currently. My guess would be a Knight of some sort.

I agree with this and I'm hoping for a pet class along the lines of a Death Knight or Druid (Either would work as STR). A shapeshifting pet class and I would soil myself hehe.
Reply Quote
I hope for paladin and druid.
I would love to play diablo 3 now but there isnt single class that i like.
So i guess i will just play ah and wait for expansion.
Reply Quote
I cant for the life of me find this thread on the general forums after i made it, all i can see is threads about people being hacked. I had to check this thread by looking at my recent posts lol.

But yeah, i noticed that too then i was looking at gear, only one str user that i can see. If they did add a str user i guess paladin would be my choice. I enjoyed the zealer in D2, not because they could solo uber trist.

But i liked how they use to whale away on the heads of mobs, i use to get a chuckle out of that.
Reply Quote
Angel

or some sort of half angel.

otherwise, bard.
Reply Quote
Angel makes more sense given the ending of diablo 3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
NOD
Paladin
Reply Quote
No new class. Just double the available spells for each class, 2 new acts and 1-2 new artisants.
Reply Quote
I saw in another thread "Fallen Angel" - and I loved the idea. Except it wouldn't work with story.

I would love to see a Tinker (Kinda-sorta-steampunkish?)
For sure they need a str class - I wonder what got left on the cutting room floor? Paladin or a Paladin-like class are very likely.

A Warlord class - that is more focused on taking damage than dealing it could make an interesting Vit based class. Battle commands that act as aura's that let you take damage instead of your allies. Or you absorb a portion of the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/30/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Pharaoh
Angel makes more sense given the ending of diablo 3

Not really. A true angel could never be 'Hardcore'. They always re-emerge from the crystal arch after a time. Tyrael is a very wierd and unique case; we don't know how he works, how he's going to work, or what the hell is going on with him in lore.

Angels also don't have free will. They are bound by their natures to act in a deterministic fashion. Only mortals possess free will- so the characters and heroes will always be mortal.
Reply Quote
i'd be happy to get a whirlwind barb
Reply Quote
Hello.

Assuming blizzard even releases a new expansion, what classes are you hoping they include in it?

Me personally, my favorite D2 class was the necromancer, everyone use to !@#$% about my skeleton army, but i use to love it.

Other than the necro, my favorite class was the amazon, and the demon hunter is close enough for me.

Yeah amazons were my favorite but i think they need to add a real pet class before anything else.
Reply Quote
I agree on the Necromancer, the most fun class in Diablo 2. He can replace the WD for all I care, the WD is a complete disappointment in all respects and didn't seem like cool to begin with. I'm playing like a... Ju-ju man? That's one thing I never have wanted to be in any RPG. I want hordes of skeletons, corpse explosions, bone spears, lower resists...

An explorer class, modeled after Conquistadors. Get more DPS the more gold you find or something. I'd dig that.

And of course the Librarian.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Hello.

Yeah amazons were my favorite but i think they need to add a real pet class before anything else.

A pet class is unlikely. It would be broken, given the way this game works.

Right now, there are two playstyles: ranged and melee.

Ranged take a crapton of damage, and get countered by affixes that force them closer. They do a lot of damage, but they do it inconsistently (they need to kite often)

Melee absorb/avoid/resist the vast, vast majority of the damage, and get countered by 'run away' elites (dang insects from Act 2, demon birds from act 3, Morlu Incenerators from act 4), affixes that cause them to lose control of their character (knockback, nightmarish, frozen in small spaces), and affixes that prevent/mitigate damage on the target (Shielding mostly. Somewhat Extra Health, Health Link, Invulnerable.) They do less damage, but they do it very, very consistently.

Pet classes would be broken because their pet would soak the attention and the damage- meaning they wouldn't have to kite like a ranged (they would have 100% uptime on damage), and they wouldn't have to worry about loss of control affixes or 'force closer' affixes.

It would be MUCH easier for Blizzard to design and balance something within the current 2 models.
Reply Quote
I want the cookie cutter melee rogue type class.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/31/2012 12:18 AMPosted by LostKunt
I want the cookie cutter melee rogue type class.

Meh. Again, wouldn't really fit into the current models. Melee rogue would need to be very very tanky to fit into the melee model, which wouldn't fit with the flavor of a rogue; a melee rogue would be useless if he couldn't melee, which would be the case if he had to run around as per the Ranged model.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]