Diablo® III

Auto-skip cutscences & cinematics

not gonna lie the cutscenes make me not want to play as much as I would if I could auto skip after 1st viewing per character. and even hitting esc u have to confirm. remove confirm box then to make skip faster? either way I think a character has to view scene atleast once before can skip. after that when just farming why not full on skip right to the fighting.
Reply Quote
It's kinda funny how they overlooked something as simple as this. Maybe they left it in to torture everyone.

but yeah, please give the game a setting that auto-skips these things.
Reply Quote
Less useless cutscenes please.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’re definitely aware that some players crave to stay in the fray as much as possible, and that for them, cut-scenes and cinematics can sometimes take away from the flow of battle. To that end, we’re currently exploring some possibilities that we hope might better satisfy both the players that want to experience the full story of Diablo III as well as those players that would prefer to have as few interruptions in their demon slaying as possible.
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Why not just give us a check box in the options menu somewhere to "activate" or "deactivate" cut scenes?
Reply Quote
i believe this is what 'adventure mode' from the datamine is

and good riddance...
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Kletimostaph
Why not just give us a check box in the options menu somewhere to "activate" or "deactivate" cut scenes?

It might work for Single Players --- but co-op might be more problematic.

My "concern" with cut-scenes is that timer is ticking during the cut-scene. It's really useful in HC if you need to refresh some skills (cooldown) but it's really frustrating when WotB, shrines or Archon are up.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:34 PMPosted by DoomBringer

My "concern" with cut-scenes is that timer is ticking during the cut-scene. It's really useful in HC if you need to refresh some skills (cooldown) but it's really frustrating when WotB, shrines or Archon are up.

Whoever made the game controls whether there is or is not a cutscene.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:34 PMPosted by DoomBringer

I figured the option would work local seeing as the scenes run from the players pc....unless I've missed something. So, in theory, it would still skip per the players preference.
Reply Quote
i believe this is what 'adventure mode' from the datamine is

and good riddance...

Was typing that exact sentence then saw your post, I agree!
Reply Quote
Really,,,, there are people out there that like cut scenes after they have already completed the quest multiple times? still wanna see that cut scene?

I do from time to time. Most of the time I skip, though... but still.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware that some players crave to stay in the fray as much as possible, and that for them, cut-scenes and cinematics can sometimes take away from the flow of battle. To that end, we’re currently exploring some possibilities that we hope might better satisfy both the players that want to experience the full story of Diablo III as well as those players that would prefer to have as few interruptions in their demon slaying as possible.

Please tell me you guys don't think that interruptions to gameplay as a result of a cut scene we have seen a billion times is enjoyable by anyone on this planet.

Just put in the option to eliminate cut scenes period. People have been asking for this since week 1, and we've been mashing spacebar/esc key ever since. There is no reason for a story cut scene that we have already seen to stop the flow of the game. It was a terrible design decision.

The only solution is an option to disable them entirely. I still can't believe you guys thought that experiencing the cut scenes over and over and over was a good idea. It really makes me wonder if you guys even play the very game you created, at all.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 9/26/2013 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's extremely rare for a cutscene to play out in a public multiplayer game. They usually get skipped instantly.

I'm sure that any Blizzard employee who plays Diablo 3 in public games can verify this.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Menacetech
Please tell me you guys don't think that interruptions to gameplay as a result of a cut scene we have seen a billion times is enjoyable by anyone on this planet.

Even if there is one guy who wants to see the cutscene, the other 3 people in his party are mashing the skip button, so it's being skipped regardless.

The only thing an auto-skip feature would do is make everyone's life more convenient. It won't actually affect whether people get to see the cutscene or not, because in multiplayer the scenes are always skipped whether you like it or not and in single-player the player will still have full control.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Sounds great. I would like to skip the cut-scenes, the storybook cut-scenes, enemy talking heads popping up, and have the follower chat shut off. The first couple of play throughs it's alright (except the talking heads, those are always bad) but after that they are just an annoyance.
Reply Quote
To skip scenes that don't skip with 'esc', press the 'Close All Windows' hotkey which defaults to being bound to space bar to skip the current line of dialog. For the lengthier dialogs or evil monologues, you need to spam it a little bit-- but it will get them game moving again.

FWIW, I agree that there should be an option to skip dialog, cutscenes and intra-act levels!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]