Diablo® III

Auto-skip cutscences & cinematics

09/26/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’re definitely aware that some players crave to stay in the fray as much as possible, and that for them, cut-scenes and cinematics can sometimes take away from the flow of battle. To that end, we’re currently exploring some possibilities that we hope might better satisfy both the players that want to experience the full story of Diablo III as well as those players that would prefer to have as few interruptions in their demon slaying as possible.

everyone wants to watch it the first time to see what its about, but every time is ridicules.
Reply Quote
I don't mind cutscenes, as long as I don't have that annoying "quest completed" pop up that gets me killed by the jailer and other such imploding-upon-death creatures every once and a while when I don't pay attention -__-
Reply Quote
Easy, make the bosses spawn no matter what quest you're on.

Start act 1 on last quest, take waypoint to tristram cathedral.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 03:53 PMPosted by DrothVader
What about pausing the game while watching cinematics?

Adventure mode = zero cinematics including during boss battles, problem solved, ust get lucky on first playthroughs.
Reply Quote
We’re definitely aware that some players crave to stay in the fray as much as possible, and that for them, cut-scenes and cinematics can sometimes take away from the flow of battle. To that end, we’re currently exploring some possibilities that we hope might better satisfy both the players that want to experience the full story of Diablo III as well as those players that would prefer to have as few interruptions in their demon slaying as possible.

Simple. Force cinematics the first time and optional for your 2nd playthrough.
Reply Quote
Remember this is Blizzard SOuth.. they wanted their way of making Diablo3...and that is to tell a story.. like a mother or a father telling them a story before sleeping...
Reply Quote

Even if ESC just skipped the cutscene, rather than bring up that honking huge "Are you sure? (OK/Cancel)" business, that'd be a start. In fact, you could remove those enormous confirmation pop-ups entirely, or at least add a little "Don't ask me again" checkbox so that we can opt out of them. And not just for cutscenes -- having to click "Continue" every time I finish a quest, or "OK/Cancel" every time I want to leave a dungeon, is annoying as heck.
Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 9/26/2013 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
All you have to do for cutscenes for me would be to make me not have to click "OK" every freakin time. Like having a cutscene come up isn't even that bad but it's the fact I have to push enter to skip it after pressing esc or space bar.
Reply Quote
+1 for a skip mode
Reply Quote
RoS: Adventure Mode *from datamined info*
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile

It's more like they get in the way of combat than anything else. Having dialogue boxes that you have to dismiss to get back the ability to see what's going on underneath them in the middle of a fight was just a horribly thought out design decision. There's a pretty simple way of doing this, which is to put the quest messages (completion dialogues) in the Objectives frame. It could be like "Quest Completed!" (fades away after two seconds) -> "X Gold earned/Y reward earned" (fades after two seconds)".

For the spoken dialogue that also shows up in the boxes onscreen, those can be redirected to chat or just be made to be audible only. This is a pretty simple problem to solve all things considered.

For once it would be nice if the devs would stop being afraid to add a few toggles to make the game a pleasantry for all of the players instead of going the Least Common Denominator route. If I had to guess, I'd say that 99% of the player population uses Elective Mode, meaning they want to customize the game to suit their physical style of play and they aren't afraid of a couple extra features. Make tooltips that clearly explain what each feature is* and there should be no problem.

* This means actually thinking about what you put in those tooltips instead of doing what every VCR designer in existence did with their user interfaces.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
I LOVE the cutscenes and cinematics. I love the Diablo story so much. But I agree with everyone here that there should be an option to disable them after first run through the game.

When you're doing runs it is very repetitive enough without having to spacebar the cutscenes each time.

On another note, the Diablo 3 videos are awesom! I can't wait to see Diablo 3 movie one day. Hopefully Zeriyah will be playing the monk character.
Reply Quote
Adventurer mode is all 4 act are open.
Can take WP to any act, any WP discovered.
All boss are already opened and spawned, randomly inside the act.
There is no boss room, there a few spot where boss can spawn within a group of monster/elite/minion.

The act 2 final boss also get tweaked differently so he can spawn on the map.
Basically leoric, you need to search multiple floor (different setup, and he will be somewhere mixed within the monsters)

Solved, now it will be insane, every spot you walk inside act 4,
you risk of finding diablo mixed with 2 elite pack!
Edited by Arden#1669 on 9/27/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

The thing is, this is a grinding game. Your story isn't good, and even if it was, it just gets in the way after a couple playthroughs, remaining as an obnoxious nuisance, at best. Why do we need to have this anyways? In Both D1 and D2 there were no problems with this.

I would suggest to take a more optional approach to the story, that would also help a lot recover the lost ambiance of the game. Currently, we're aggravated all the time by these cheesy malware-like popups all the time. There's a reason why everyone just picks the last quest of their chosen act to farm.

However, how about bringing more legend-like content to the table? I like to use the halls of the blind poem and the countess story books from D1 and D2 as an example. This is how we should be learning from these demons. Hearsay, lost manuscripts, letters, and other interesting documents. You know, stuff from legends and stories. I personally really liked the audiobooks idea, which was a great step forward from those 2 examples, where you had to sit there listening to the narration, and It's fun to find little bits of lore like that, precisely because they're the product of exploration, and not just shoved down our throats like the subpar story you guys came up with.

Not only would it make the game more interesting exploration-wise, but it would also bring some mystery back to the game. Some of these stories could lead to special dungeons precisely like those 2 did, and I'm pretty sure it would really work well with something like the nephalem trials you guys announced.

Another thing. Please don't make demons overly chatty. This just makes them ridiculous. These guys are supposed to be nasty incarnations of pure evil, not 5 year old bullies. The less we see of them, the better. It makes them more intimidating, more demon-like. They shouldn't be following us with a freaking walkie-talkie to try and discourage us with cheesy punchlines every time we screw up their plans like the scooby doo kids. Overall, these guys suffer a severe case of character overexposure, which drastically affects the ambiance, and is downright annoying most of the time.

This.
Reply Quote
"Not even death can save you from me". - Diablo <end cut scene>

Rut ro shraggy.
Edited by Infernii#1202 on 9/28/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like watching them for the first couple times for each character, but after that it becomes kind of annoying. When I farm I usually just pick one of the last quests of an Act and farm the zones I want without being hassled by them.

It isn't any worse than Azmodan or Diablo talking smack to me every 2 minutes during the entirety of Acts 3 & 4 though. That is annoying and should be able to be turned off.
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Wizhard
I hate cuscenes. Diablo 2 fared well without them and had much more gripping story to boot. Please let us play the game without those interruptions.

LOLZ griping story ? dude, go to a dark cave and kill the monsters. WTF are you smoking ?
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Juttergie
bump for great justice! I cannot be alone! *squeezes teddy bear*

IMO dialogs should be TOTALLY passable ( we should be able to move whilist listening to them )
just like the azmodan ones...

I hate to be frozen on the diablo fight again and again just to listen him troll me to mash escape and click "ok" 3 times on his encounter...

why are we FORCED to listen that... it should be way smoother, diablo 2 dialogues were totally skippable, and movies were played ONLY for the first time ( unlike cutscenes in diablo 3, are played 500 times )

my escape button was SOOO overused when i farmed near 1.04
Reply Quote

You've overcomplicated the issue and messed this up in D3.

Look at D2, games by default are free roaming and have no cutscenes.

But in D3, everything is forced through a quest system, which makes cutscenes required.

Change it to D2 system: by default games are free roaming and have no cutscenes.

The quest system should be sidelined as a game option that would mostly be used once for new characters and hardly ever again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]