We've notice that there are reports of lower FPS after patching. We'd like to provide some additional troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue and investigate further.
Below you will find some additional troubleshooting steps that have been known to help restore loss FPS after patching.
Reset System Management Controller (SMC)
Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
- 1. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date
Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk
Additional, here are some other helpful tips that can help with FPS loss.
Unplug any USB headsets (9400M users)
Restart your Mac
Set Graphic Card Performance (Select MacBook Pros)
- If you have a MacBook Pro with dual graphics cards, such as NVIDIA 9400M/9600 GT, set your system for higher performance. This should resolve many performance issues you may experience.
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008), (17-inch, Early 2009), (15-inch and 17-inch, Mid 2009): How to set graphics performance
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) and later, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) and later: How to set graphics performance