Diablo® III

Diablo Damage Calculator

So I've been lurking around the forums trying to find a good damage calculator to test whether auction house items would be a good upgrade or not. After doing some research, I decided to just make my own.

http://www.diablodamagecalculator.com

The calculations do not involve modifiers like demon hunters sharp shooter, however, there is a skill bonus % field where you can input this information.

The basic calculator gives a quick way to check damage and compare new weapons.
The advanced calculator is a bit more complex and involves entering all items individually.

The about/contact page is still a work in progress, as I've been doing this during any free time at work. It has gone down intermittently but appears to have stabilized enough for me to release it to the public (that's what happens when you have a crappy host / domain registrar =P)

I am currently working to convert this to PHP so we can eventually link item builds around the community.

Cheers =D

** UPDATE ** You are now able to save advanced builds by getting a URL link. After you are done, just hit get link at the bottom and a link will be generated at the top!

You can save this link for your own records or post to other forums! Here is a sample URL: http://tinyurl.com/7yorlp5
Edited by chinapooh#1202 on 6/7/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wow good job man !
Reply Quote
Very nice. Ive come across a couple of these since beta, but none with all the features I've wanted to really use on the fly, but your advanced calc defiantly comes the closest. My new go too for sure.
Reply Quote
Hmm seems like godaddy is having issues again. I have another alias, http://www.lesliechan.tk if this one doesn't work.. hopeful it will be resolved soon.. cheers!
Reply Quote
its working for me!
no more wasting gold at the AH

good job :)
Reply Quote
quick update: my calculations were a bit off and i realized it was because i forgot to add in values for min/max dmg items. Now the calculation is spot on !
Reply Quote
What if I have +35% Damage stat in my weapon? Does that change anything in your calculation? I'm asking, because I see no input for that stat.. Thanks
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Foma
What if I have +35% Damage stat in my weapon? Does that change anything in your calculation? I'm asking, because I see no input for that stat.. Thanks

any + attack speed % or + attack damage % is already factored into the damage/weapon speed.
Reply Quote

Posted by Foma

any + attack speed % or + attack damage % is already factored into the damage/weapon speed.

confirmed..

i wonder why they bother putting that "stat" on the display... feels so misleading?
Edited by Juicybaby#1337 on 6/7/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice, any chance to get advanced offline version in excel? I want to save stats to not copy them from game evry day :D
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Spun
Very nice, any chance to get advanced offline version in excel? I want to save stats to not copy them from game evry day :D

i am working towards being able to link builds via URL, so you will be able to save it, sort of like online build creators!
Edited by chinapooh#1202 on 6/7/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Posted by Spun

i am working towards being able to link builds via URL, so you will be able to save it, sort of like online build creators!

getting that to work would be awesome :) can't wait!
Reply Quote
there was another, not sure if you used it..

was psoted on the forums here, by another user who created it..

http://d3itemcalc.com/

i have no affiliation with that site.. i would have posted the link to the thread, but search finds nothing.. wondering if the blizz task force deleted the thread...
Reply Quote
there was another, not sure if you used it..

was psoted on the forums here, by another user who created it..

http://d3itemcalc.com/

i have no affiliation with that site.. i would have posted the link to the thread, but search finds nothing.. wondering if the blizz task force deleted the thread...

this one seems useful for barbs looking to maximize their hp =D
Reply Quote
Updated =)
Reply Quote
I'm getting a slight skew in the damage for my advanced build: (http://tinyurl.com/6qu4nqr)

My damage displayed in game is 22942.71, but the calculation is 23123.67.

I've checked and double checked my stats and percentages and everything is 100% correct. Looking closer I am noticing that the game will take my attack speed out to the hundredth place where as the calculator only goes out to the tenth place. My in game attacks per second is 2.28 but in the calculator it is showing 2.3. I don't know if this small difference may be accounting for the slight differences.

Regardless this calculator gets me way closer to getting the right gear from the AH instead of ball parking. Thanks so much for your time and effort!
Reply Quote
I'm getting a slight skew in the damage for my advanced build: (http://tinyurl.com/6qu4nqr)

My damage displayed in game is 22942.71, but the calculation is 23123.67.

I've checked and double checked my stats and percentages and everything is 100% correct. Looking closer I am noticing that the game will take my attack speed out to the hundredth place where as the calculator only goes out to the tenth place. My in game attacks per second is 2.28 but in the calculator it is showing 2.3. I don't know if this small difference may be accounting for the slight differences.

Regardless this calculator gets me way closer to getting the right gear from the AH instead of ball parking. Thanks so much for your time and effort!

Any weapon that has % Attack Speed increase will be slightly off, especially at higher DPS. The reason being, the weapon speed has this information calculated, and rounded to 2 decimal places for display. For example, my 1.23 attack speed staff says 23% increased attack speed. So the original staff attack speed is 1.00 + 23%. Now this works nice for even numbers, but when some weapons have a base speed of say.. 1.04, then you can see there will be slight errors in my calculation, as the displayed speed by the game is rounded off to 2 decimal places. The only way around this is if I can get a complete list of items original weapon speed before modification, and use these for calculation.

Cheers =)
Reply Quote
good lad. just what the Doc needed
Reply Quote
Ah I didn't realize +IAS was accounted for in the weapon's displayed APS (atks/sec) shown on the tooltip. If the equation is that simple couldn't we enable the +IAS field for main hand and then recalculate damage, effectively coming to a more specific multiplier?

Base *clean speed = APS / ((IAS * .01) + 1)
eg: Rare bow with 1.37 APS with +15% IAS thus 1.37 / 1.15 ~ 1.19

then just run the result through the toFixed() method and your set.

I will say though that I don't think the IAS is the case with mine as my bow does not have IAS on it...
Reply Quote
Ah I didn't realize +IAS was accounted for in the weapon's displayed APS (atks/sec) shown on the tooltip. If the equation is that simple couldn't we enable the +IAS field for main hand and then recalculate damage, effectively coming to a more specific multiplier?

Base *clean speed = APS / ((IAS * .01) + 1)
eg: Rare bow with 1.37 APS with +15% IAS thus 1.37 / 1.15 ~ 1.19

then just run the result through the toFixed() method and your set.

I will say though that I don't think the IAS is the case with mine as my bow does not have IAS on it...

Wont be 100% sure unless I can see your full item build but, the reason calculating backwards wont work is because the rounding loss is already there. You would just be effectively dividing and multiplying the same number. The incorrect number is already displayed so there is no way of seeing that original number without knowing the actual base speed value of the weapon. I suspect that the display number is to the hundredths, but the underlying base damage may have a few more decimal places unknown to us. You can always try recalculating your dps with a cheap weapon from a vendor that has a flat weapon speed and compare your results.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]