Diablo® III

True Value of Increased Block Chance

Has anyone seen any math regarding how good this stat really is? The cost of justice lanterns on the AH has skyrocketed as it seems every barbarian in inferno is trying to get their hands on one. My question is how good is 11% block exactly? Is it really better than a good rare ring with strength, vit, and all resist?

With my stormshield, ~10% block reduces damage taken by ~320 per hit on average. It seems with a decent amount of all resist and/or armor on a ring, you can get more benefit than the increased block chance. I tried to find information regarding inferno monster base damage but couldn't find anything, so I'm unable to determine what % damage reduction 320 is on the average act III inferno monster.
Reply Quote
Meh.. shields... overrated.
Reply Quote
^^+1 2H FTW

yeah u gotta be steven hawking to work out all these comparisons we have

hell i struggled to do the math on iron skin vs ignorance is bliss. !@#$ load of variables
Edited by THExSLAYER#1939 on 6/6/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]