Diablo® III

1.02 Chat options

My only problem is that players are allowed to link items.

Add a trade channel blizzard if you want people trading. I for one do not like it, once I started people trying to sell items, I left general immediately. Too bad, it was fun at first to chat with some players.

They have a trade channel.

05/29/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Brimrager
Personally, I don't think anyone should be placed into any chat channel by default. At least not until the 15 year old chat window is updated. Having public chat, private messages, game messages, and frequent conversations between my character and the people following him all go to one small non-adjustable window is ridiculous. We need a few tabs on that window and the ability to configure what goes to each one. Maybe then it'll be possible to follow a conversation while in-game. As it stands, I rarely even notice when I get a message due to all the spam filling the window.

Exactly. The chat window is way too small and includes text from far too many sources for it to be useful.
Edited by Mossheap#1207 on 5/29/2012 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My only problem is that players are allowed to link items.

Add a trade channel blizzard if you want people trading. I for one do not like it, once I started people trying to sell items, I left general immediately. Too bad, it was fun at first to chat with some players.

Except nobody will be in it. With auto-join general, everyone will be in general at some point and thus, it will become the trade channel.
Reply Quote
I would like to see a chat option to make private channels and an option to make it always selected. That way, you could chat among your friends even if you are in separate games, similar to a guild chat in WoW.

But even more importantly, let us resize the text and box! Some of us that have played Diablo from the beginning are old and blind :)
Reply Quote
Loupdinour:
People complain "there is no community to this game, we don't have a lobby to chat before playing"

People are put into General Chat upon entering the game

People complain "why must we be put into a room with people talking!"

I think people like you are the ones that complain the most by pointing out the obvious, which is either way they do it people will complain. Yet you don't realize why people actually complain about it... Which in this case, is because they are forced into one or the other, instead of having the option of one or the other.
Edited by R2Mi#1777 on 5/29/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Except nobody will be in it. With auto-join general, everyone will be in general at some point and thus, it will become the trade channel.

Well Blizzard did a terrible job with Bnet 2.0 in general. Chat options are minimal and it is left up to the user to find discover and use them. With a better chat system this would be less of an issue.
Reply Quote
Yeah, chat windows are poorly designed. I didn't even know they were their until recently.
Reply Quote
Instead of having people auto-join, why not just put an option in the menus to set default chat channels, so that you'll join the 1 or more channels upon signing on?

Opt-in: good. Useful option for people who do opt-in: also good.

This would work. I'm perfectly capable of pressing buttons to join a general chat if I want to--I don't want to, so up until now, I'd never been in general chat.

Options are good. Opt-in and opt-out are always good.
Edited by PAV#1876 on 5/29/2012 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People complain about the most trivial matters. Get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It seems to automatically put me in general chat even after I've left it last time. It should at least save the changes I've made.

Also, very disappointing that you can't create your own chat channels.
Reply Quote
People complain "there is no community to this game, we don't have a lobby to chat before playing"

So then make it an option for people. Blizzard doesn't HAVE to continually fail, you know.
Reply Quote

If people want to make a game with others then yes a pre game chat lobby may be a good idea, but if people want to play 'Han' style (Solo) they may not necessarily want to be in a chat lobby because of the random crap that sometimes fills the chat window.
But if it's done to "keep a connection to the game so we don't get an error #xxxxxx" then it's just another band aid for a bigger problem.
Reply Quote
I just logged in and found myself in general chat, which in theory isn't bad, but in practice quick becomes a unreadable scroll of 2-10 conversations/questions.

I question the logic of enabling general chat for all users. One of the reasons I enjoy Diablo 3 is that it is not a MMO like WoW and that I don't have to interact with the community at large.

I was able to quickly leave the general channel, but feel that it should not have been enabled by default. I noticed at least one other person asking how to leave the channel in the ~2 minutes I was in channel so I can't be alone in this thought.

It's because a number of people said they missed the chat room function of Diablo2, and listed it as a flaw of Diablo3. They were simply too insanely stupid to know it's always been there, so Blizzard forced it upon them, knowing full well they were too dumb to figure it out for themselves.
Reply Quote
I didn't spend $60 to listen to people whine.
I come to the forums for free to do that.

Hahahahahaha. Truth.
Reply Quote
If they're going to add multiple channels to this game(which I have no issue with), they may as well add the WoW Chat box as well, with options to create tabs with specific chat channels in them, Even the ingame chat between my hero and the NPC's quickly renders anything said by friends lost.

Would be logical...
Reply Quote
i want an option to turn off default joining general chat... i !@#$%^in hate gold spammers and it ruins my gaming experience.

what genius turned that !@#$ on?

Ummm, there is a channel called Trading.....
Reply Quote
The chat window is so poorly designed that you have to force people to use it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]