Diablo® III

1.02 Chat options

the only reason they did this was the "hotfix" the 3007 error where the only way to not get booted out of diablo 3 ever 3 minutes was to join general chat apparently they haven't fixed the error so they just force people to join general chat.

Leave it to blizzard to use the programming equivalent of duct tape to fix a bumper.
Edited by shotzor#1854 on 5/29/2012 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People complain "there is no community to this game, we don't have a lobby to chat before playing"

People are put into General Chat upon entering the game

People complain "why must we be put into a room with people talking!"

So then make it an option for people. Blizzard doesn't HAVE to continually fail, you know.

Didn't someone post

/leave general
/join general

Was it not clear?
Reply Quote
let's keep complaining until they at least give us the option to KEEP IT TURNED OFF.
Reply Quote
This is more similar to D2. Which was not an MMO. Worst case you change your channel... woe is me.
Reply Quote
Does the same thing in path of exile and everyone on there seems to love it and bash D3 saying how unsocial it is.

Seems like there just trying to make it more social.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It would have been nice if they gave us an OPTION for joining General Chat.

Sure, some people are the talkative type and they like to join General automatically. That's nice. That's what checkboxes are for.

A lot of us, however, can't stand the stupidity found in General D3 chat and would rather not lose several IQ points from seeing some of the stupid crap people say.

We would gladly remove the check from said checkbox, because we'd rather play alone, especially the people attempting "Singleplayer".

Forcing us all to join the Chat as soon as the game starts up with no option to NOT join chat every time we start a game is kinda dumb. Yes, we can do a /leave general... but to be honest, if you WANTED to join the chat, was /join general so hard to type like it was in Pre-1.02?

Actually, you didn't even have to type /join general. There was this blue thing that said "CLICK HERE TO JOIN GENERAL CHAT" on the character select screen.

Were people REALLY too lazy to click this?

Or were Blizz hoping that people would actually stay in chat because its on by default and hoping to "expand" the number of people who participated in General?
Edited by Agni#1830 on 5/29/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm surprised you can see anything in General Chat with all the gold scammer spam...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/29/2012 05:22 PMPosted by KeraSwiftbow
I'm surprised you can see anything in General Chat with all the gold scammer spam...

And then, there's this.

Blizz basically gave the gold sellers free advertisement space by forcing everyone to join General Chat by default.

Before, you might see 90 people in chat, that's 90 people not counting the seller bots spamming the adverts who will see them.

Now, you might see what, hundreds? thousands? of people in General who will now see those ads.

Grats, Blizz.

You gave them free advertisement.
Edited by Agni#1830 on 5/29/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz, please make this optional. :) I don't want to be forced into General every time I log in. At least make it so I only have to /leave the once and my client remembers that preference.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 05:14 PMPosted by G195
Even the ingame chat between my hero and the NPC's quickly renders anything said by friends lost.

There's an option that should turn this off, it's "echo NPC speech into chat" or something along those lines.
Reply Quote

So then make it an option for people. Blizzard doesn't HAVE to continually fail, you know.

Didn't someone post

/leave general
/join general

Was it not clear?

Except that it does this automatically whenever you log on. It feels like a necessary step, and nobody I know out of 6 people even like being in public chat anyway. Options are simply the best way to handle this to piss off the least amount of people.
Reply Quote
they did this because joining General Chat is a workaround their CM's have been promoting as a way to reduce the disconnects from the server (error 3007 or whatever.)

maybe they should just fix their servers rather than forcing us to see goldspam chat each time we (can) login
Reply Quote
I disagree. I like the current system.
Reply Quote
they did this because joining General Chat is a workaround their CM's have been promoting as a way to reduce the disconnects from the server (error 3007 or whatever.)

maybe they should just fix their servers rather than forcing us to see goldspam chat each time we (can) login

+1... except for the goldspam... I don't see much of that.
Reply Quote
so.... it has come to this.
Reply Quote
/leave general has become extremely tiresome now, I hate having to leave general chat every time I log in (especially with the frequent disconnections - side note: I never disconnected before 1.02). I really wish this was never changed - and yes I scoured the options menu looking for an opt-out toggle... can't believe there isn't one :(

Minor complaint yes, but it's these little niggles that put me off the most.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
they need to make the chat window like WOW
i play on a tv and i cant read the text clear
please make it so i can re-size the text
Edited by ShadowHBK#1485 on 5/30/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to see a chat option to make private channels and an option to make it always selected. That way, you could chat among your friends even if you are in separate games, similar to a guild chat in WoW.

But even more importantly, let us resize the text and box! Some of us that have played Diablo from the beginning are old and blind :)

Thats right sonny us old timers need larger print and different colors..... Eh...where did i put my teef!!! dagnabit....

Seriously though, actual options like chat fade timer different channels or tabs that can just be clicked on. You can make channels im sure but make it easier, this is the 2000's
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]