Diablo® III

Ball Lightning vs Nether Tentacles

Am I wrong here? Doesn't Ball Lightning also hit targets multiple times? if so, how are these two skills different aside from their animation (don't get me wrong, I always use NT, I just want to know).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nether Tentacles Has a life steal bonus to it
Reply Quote
NT hits for the full 155% weapon damage with a high chance of hitting twice while Ball Lighting hits twice for half weapon damage. I'd go with NT for that chance you might end up hitting for more than 155% :)
Reply Quote
The big thing is that Ball Lightning does 77.5% weapon damage per hit and Nether Tentacles does 155%.

The life leech also helps slightly with reflect damage mobs, but the first point is far and away the most important one.
Reply Quote
Shoot bad guys with both skills.
Look at numbers.

Should be pretty clear.
Reply Quote
Looks like nether tentacles dont reach out like electricity does, its only the things it touches, so it does the same damage but it would only hit fewer people, along with healing you the 3%
Reply Quote
BL's advantage is the broad area it affects. NT has life conversion and more damage.
Edited by Royko#1690 on 5/31/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Aramada
NT hits for the full 155% weapon damage with a high chance of hitting twice while Ball Lighting hits twice for half weapon damage. I'd go with NT for that chance you might end up hitting for more than 155% :)

It's a really low chance that it doesn't hit twice.
Reply Quote
I could be wrong, but I believe Ball Lightning has a larger hit-radius than nether tentacles. From my experience using both, ball lightning seems more effective vs larger groups and nether tentacles is better vs single or small groups.
Reply Quote
ah ha, I didn't realize the damage was down to 77.5.

Oh, Also, hard to shoot anything WHILE THE SERVERS ARE DOWN! playfail.

edit: Also, I forgot about the lifesteal. Hard to realize it because I'm either at full HP or DEAD in Inferno. LOL. It's a miracle if I get hit and actually survive it.
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 5/31/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]