Diablo® III

Can't connect to battle.net (Error 3006)

I've seen this problem posted elsewhere, but no real solutions were given.
I am at school and i can connect and play Starcraft 2, but when i try to connect to diablo 3 it gets stuck connecting to server and does not get past that and Error 3006 comes up. I can play at home with this computer.

Is there something i can do? Is it my school's connection? Is it blizzard's end?
Any info will be great, i don't want to sit here thinking it's possible to play and troubleshooting aimlessly.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
What happens when you switch to a different region to play?

This error indicates that the connection timed out, so it may have something to do with the way the school's network is setup.

You may need to check with your school's admin to ensure that all Diablo III ports are open properly.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479
Reply Quote
Thank you for the reply.
Same thing happens when I change region.
I guess I won't be able to play at school.
The real problem is why I can play starcraft 2 online when diablo 3 won't connect?
Different ports I assume.

Anyways thanks!
Reply Quote

This error indicates that the connection timed out, so it may have something to do with the way the school's network is setup.

You may need to check with your school's admin to ensure that all Diablo III ports are open properly.

I have the same problem, I'm on the Americas server. There was a patch earlier that asked me to restart the launcher, but it didnt patch anything. When I logged in, there were 80+ people on the server and yet no public games, 0 players for any quests. So, I decided to go solo, but there was an error that couldnt create a game. I logged out, tried to log in, but this time I had this error.

I couldnt connect to Battle.net. I am playing in my house over the past few weeks and this is the first time that this happened. I tried to change regions, I got through, but of course I have no character there. I tried on the Americas region again, then I couldnt connect to Battle.net.

Hope you have the solution for this, especially that it might be connected to the weird patch. Thanks!
Reply Quote
same also unable to the service or connection was interrupted... i play an hour then i afk then i back thats the display when i log in
Reply Quote
Why am I getting that Error 3003, Blizzard please!! I never changed anything in my network and it was working few hours ago.
Edited by KARU#6275 on 6/6/2012 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
06/06/2012 06:42 AMPosted by KARU
Why am I getting that Error 3003, Blizzard please!! I never changed anything in my network and it was working few hours ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578594951
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 06:46 AMPosted by MysticalOS

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578594951

Thanks man! I totally forgot about the maintenance. *face palm*
Reply Quote
did you find a solution?
Reply Quote

I have the same problem, I'm on the Americas server. There was a patch earlier that asked me to restart the launcher, but it didnt patch anything. When I logged in, there were 80+ people on the server and yet no public games, 0 players for any quests. So, I decided to go solo, but there was an error that couldnt create a game. I logged out, tried to log in, but this time I had this error.

I couldnt connect to Battle.net. I am playing in my house over the past few weeks and this is the first time that this happened. I tried to change regions, I got through, but of course I have no character there. I tried on the Americas region again, then I couldnt connect to Battle.net.

Hope you have the solution for this, especially that it might be connected to the weird patch. Thanks!

did u find out how to fix?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. Started 2 days ago still cannot connect till now. I can connect to europe and asia region but not the americas. I can't even open forums or diablo 3 website at home. i am posting from the office right now. I don't know if blizzard has a problem with my router and modem at home.

Error 3006 Error in retrieving licenses
Error 3006 Error in game log on &
Error 3005
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]