Diablo® III

Frenzy come patch 1.03

I know it may be too early to be asking, as for the time being we have no idea what nerf IAS will be getting, but what will happen to Frenzy when the nerf does hit? Will it still be viable, or will the attack speed buff suffer diminishing returns as well?
Edited by Gorst#2565 on 6/6/2012 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
how im understanding this is that it wont affect barbs really more DHs/wizs???
Reply Quote
They are not sure how they are going to nerf IAS yet. If they lower values on all the items, then they may lower the amount of IAS per stack. If they put diminishing returns on it, same may happen with the stacks. We dont know yet.

Then again, the ability seems far from OP, just solid and works. They may just leave it as-is.
Reply Quote
Stacking attack speed on your gear as a 'forced requirement' vs an ability that's gone through the in-house calculation for balance are 2 different things. Also note that you don't get a damage increase (unless you're using the 20% rune) when Frenzy stacks (to make your other abilities hit harder), you just attack faster with Frenzy.

We use Frenzy for the attack speed, it's only 110% weapon damage? Broad Sweep DESTROYS that with the hitting of two monsters.
Edited by Revy#1485 on 6/6/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it should only affect gear, especially if they go with the first idea they have. If they go with the second... probably they will figure this one out and compensate for any changes.
Reply Quote
frenzy could probably use a nerf, considering no one uses anything but it. That's usually a sign that a skill is overpowered.
Reply Quote
I have learned that looking for any damage mod other than IAS (except on weapons where IAS shows as damage in the text) is a waste of time. IAS always win. Hence they think it's broken.

Great... so now I got to search for STR OR IAS... hope they add boolean search in the AH then.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:00 AMPosted by PrmDerektive
frenzy could probably use a nerf, considering no one uses anything but it. That's usually a sign that a skill is overpowered.

Or a sign that the other options are completely useless and won't let you progress at higher difficulties.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Nox

Or a sign that the other options are completely useless and won't let you progress at higher difficulties.

+1
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:55 AMPosted by THExSLAYER

It's pretty funny actually. I have a godly DH whose kit is centered around AS. Sure, I have 40%+ crit and truckload of +critdmg too, but the broken legendaries i wasted millions of gold on will be even more worthless after this AS nerf, let alone the legendary revamp.

Essentially, its like getting slapped in the face (forced into buy broken legendaries because only they have the ability to spawn with AS on certain pieces), and then kicked in the balls by the very same guy.....
Edited by Banff#1302 on 6/6/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
!@#$% slap, nut tap, pie face!
Reply Quote
I really hope they just nerf ias on items, i hate that im pigeonholed into getting ias on my gloves when i also need str / vit / ar, makes it very hard to search for upgrades since you can only filter for 3 things.
Reply Quote

That's activision blizzard. It's mind boggling actually, i wonder what the world looks like through their eyes. They would rather 'retune' the entire endgame, revamp all legendaries, and nerf the few skills that let certain classes progress rather than buff other skills....

What sounds like more work to you?

These guys need to go back to accounting.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Banff

It's pretty funny actually. I have a godly DH whose kit is centered around AS. Sure, I have 40%+ crit and truckload of +critdmg too, but the broken legendaries i wasted millions of gold on will be even more worthless after this AS nerf, let alone the legendary revamp.

Essentially, its like getting slapped in the face (forced into buy broken legendaries because only they have the ability to spawn with AS on certain pieces), and then kicked in the balls by the very same guy.....

Go complain in the "I rolled a DH 'cause I can't handle Barb" forum. D:
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior

Stop that! You are being way too logical and we CANNOT allow this to occur. Of course it must be OP, the other skills cannot all be trash, can they? Right? Oh.....ok.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]