Diablo® III

Graphic card answer fast please

So i purchased a radeon hd 6770 and it arrived today but apparently the video card doesnt work people said it will run fine with my 460w, but the fans doesnt run the card and the monitor doesnt display can anyone tell me how to properly setup my new card?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Assuming you properly fully installed it into the first PCI-E 16x slot, you have to plug your monitor to the graphics card's DVI / HDMI output

If your PC is ancient, you may have to disable onboard video from BIOS first
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 6/6/2012 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sigh sorry again not exactly the computer tech genius i only have one graphic card slot and i plugged everything in correctly atleast to my assume

I bought this xps 8300 this january
Edited by Fububoi#1141 on 6/6/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is your monitor VGA only? Or does it also come with DVI? The DVI connectors are wider and is white in color
Reply Quote
The new graphic card i got uses dvi but my monitor uses vga so i got a dvi adapter but besides dont the card have run at all to make the monitor display anyways? Like i said the fan doesnt even run on the card
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Radeon HD 6770 requires a 1 6-pin PCI-E power plug (or 6-pin to molex plug). Did you plug this in?
Reply Quote
ok everything is running now but now i have a new problem..... apparently my graphic card doesnt read at all like if i open dxdiag and look at display tab everything is N/A so i put in my xfx driver cd card it says "we are unable to detect xfx product at the moment please restart, if this problem persist then press ok to continue" so i restarted my computer nothing changed when i used the cd again the same thing popped up
Edited by Fububoi#1141 on 6/6/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just install latest Catalyst drivers from AMD website

Your monitor is connected to the Radeon 6770 right? Not the one with all other motherboard ports.
Reply Quote
i cant download the driver since my computer cant identify my graphic card for whatever reason and yes its connected to the card the 2nd port of the card doesnt display my monitor
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So connected to the first port on the graphics card.

download and install this
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-4_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]