Diablo® III

I want voice chat in diablo 3!

I understand previous diablo games don't have voice chat but Jesus even Starcraft 2 had it. I believe if everyone has to see the general chat which is full of spammers why not give us the option for voice chat? Please blizzard give us voice chat I would like to chat via headset to my friends rather than text box chat. I love this game thus far and have never complained about anything Until this. Please please give us voice chat in the near future!!
Reply Quote
Vent
/end thread
Reply Quote
I thought about this too. The games a little too fast paced for text chat especially on higher difficulties, you type you die.
Reply Quote
Doesn't that cost?? Well yea but why not just implement it in the user interface...why offer a head set for the game but no option for chat?
Reply Quote
Good for trolling. Just to force everyone in the game to listen to my AWESOME singing. haha jk, I have seen ppl done that in other games.
Reply Quote
I Understand that vent works but they are cutting third party gear sites out but not third party chat services sounds fishy
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+9000 I have a headset!
Reply Quote
Yea I bought a turtle beach headset thinking I could use it for this but now I use it for sc2. It kills me why they would put it in sc2 but not diablo 3 ... As fast pace as it is no one wants to type during game play!
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
Blizzard has stated multiple times that the usage rate of voice chat in SC2 and WoW is so low that there was no reason at all to implement it in D3. They suggest one of the many available free alternatives.
Edited by Descretoria#1693 on 6/8/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea I can see that, but honestly I thought since its 2012 and all we could see voice chat regardless of how popular. Multi billion dollar company doesnt implement it because it's not popular? Sound like the social aspect of the game is lacking especially when all the general chat is full of gear selling sites and Chinese farmers. So ur telling me they give those people an easy way to get their word out but not the actual players. Lameeee.
Reply Quote
Blizzard + Voice chat= 1-4% of players use... Not really worth the time of making. Bro just go for C3, TeamSpeak, Vent, Skype, W/E floats you and your friends boats.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
Blizzard has stated multiple times that the usage rate of voice chat in SC2 and WoW is so low that there was no reason at all to implement it in D3. They suggest one of the many available free alternatives.

Low or not...was still used. And easier than alternatives.
I don't think you understand business

06/08/2012 02:10 PMPosted by BloodBrother
Blizzard + Voice chat= 1-4% of players use... Not really worth the time of making. Bro just go for C3, TeamSpeak, Vent, Skype, W/E floats you and your friends boats.

1-4%? I would be surprised if the usage numbers for in game voice chat in SC2 and WoW are 0.05%
Edited by Descretoria#1693 on 6/8/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Tucker
I Understand that vent works but they are cutting third party gear sites out but not third party chat services sounds fishy

This comparison is one of the most absurd things I've read on these boards.
Reply Quote
they did this in STARCRAFT 2 , and its FREAKING HORRIBLE!!!! your better off using SKYPE...

unless they can fix it up...
Reply Quote
have u seen the amount of people that play public games? its so low that blizz thought it was just an error... turns out, people just dont want to play public games. theres a reason they made a big deal about it when people first started complaining that there were only 40k open games at launch week. now theres like 10k and blizz hasnt said a word.

there is no reason AT ALL to play public games. not enough incentive to develop voice chat. it would be so far dow nthe to-do list that it would take years to get around to and complete.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Tucker
Jesus even Starcraft 2 had it

06/07/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Tucker
if everyone has to see the general chat which is full of spammers why not give us the option for voice chat

06/08/2012 01:47 PMPosted by xMoonDevilx
Low or not...was still used.

I don't understand. Are you geniuses trying to convince Blizzard to implement voice chat, or discourage them?

It sucks. That is a reason to trash it, not to use it. No one uses it. That is an argument to trash it, not to use it. Because other games have it. That is not an argument at all. Because I said so. That is not an argument at all. Because I'm going to throw a fit if I don't get it. That is also not an argument at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]