Diablo® III

So you don't think inferno should be nerfed?

If you are a demon hunter, or wizard, your opinion is worthless as far as this goes.

If you spent hours upon hours grinding gold to buy things from the auction house, you're opinion should not be counted. - Some of us want to be able to progress based on steadily farming on our own without reliance of a jacked up AH.

If you got gear or gold to spend from friends/fans/buying gold, again your opinion is pointless.

If you use any exploits, or have gotten your gear in any of the ways that are not REAL gameplay, but rather stupid stuff such as chests, breaking pots, Tyrael as a tank, etc. I believe your opinion to be pointless.

Inferno is much less difficult than it is a gear check. If I can steamroll the butcher with 50k health, 350 resists I should be able to at least steadily make my way through act 2, and not be owned on the first mobs.

Also, to those of you that read this and are hardcore in inferno, hats off to you. Your opinion is worth a lot more in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Why are Wizards lumped in with Demon Hunters when Demon Hunters are far more forgiving and easier to do Inferno with?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm running a barb, and I'm honestly having trouble in inferno after act 1... I don't think Inferno should be nerfed, but certain abilities really need to be reworked on some classes.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Húgs
I'm running a barb, and I'm honestly having trouble in inferno after act 1... I don't think Inferno should be nerfed, but certain abilities really need to be reworked on some classes.

Just farm some of the first quests, and at this moment maybe spend a little on the AH. Not too much for the first act at least... You do have a shield and one handed right? That's the way we have to do it for now.

Better things coming patch 1.03 though.
Reply Quote
If you are a demon hunter, or wizard, your opinion is worthless as far as this goes.

If you spent hours upon hours grinding gold to buy things from the auction house, you're opinion should not be counted. - Some of us want to be able to progress based on steadily farming on our own without reliance of a jacked up AH.

If you got gear or gold to spend from friends/fans/buying gold, again your opinion is pointless.

If you use any exploits, or have gotten your gear in any of the ways that are not REAL gameplay, but rather stupid stuff such as chests, breaking pots, Tyrael as a tank, etc. I believe your opinion to be pointless.

Inferno is much less difficult than it is a gear check. If I can steamroll the butcher with 50k health, 350 resists I should be able to at least steadily make my way through act 2, and not be owned on the first mobs.

Also, to those of you that read this and are hardcore in inferno, hats off to you. Your opinion is worth a lot more in my opinion.

But the AH isn't jacked up. The items I was paying 400k-1mil to progress in act 2 aren't worth nearly as much now. This makes it much easier to put together inferno starting gear and get to farming.

Honestly though starting a post by discounting almost everyones opinion but your own doesn't really make for a good discussion.
Reply Quote
Why do people always leave out the Witch Doctor?
Also, the Wizard actually is much harder to play than the DH.
Reply Quote
29 Worgen Druid
<-----barb on act iii inferno.

What's the difference between farming for gear and farming for gold to buy gear? There isn't really a difference, your just forced to use the AH weather your like it or not.

In my opinion, if inferno is too hard; PLAY HELL

Isn't that what multiple difficulties are for?

Lower difficulties for casuals/bad players
Higher difficulties are for the hardcore players and players who play a lot of hours.

If it had hard and normal like WoW, I would understand....but it doesn't....so if your not prepared to play the way Blizz want you to....go back a difficulty or two.
Edited by sevens7ar#1558 on 6/8/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a WD, didn't start playing until the exploits were already patched, have MF'd for a grand total of 1 hour, and no one gave me any gold or items and I've finished Inferno.

Maybe you should just accept the fact that you're not very good at this game. You already have 3 easymode, straight forward difficulties; inferno was designed to be exactly what it is, a challenge that takes considerable time to complete.
Edited by Solypsys#1446 on 6/8/2012 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Discounting everyones opinions but my own?

No. Not really. I'm in a HUGE group of people that have these concerns about inferno, then it's typically a DH that comes along and says " OMG BUFF INFERNO "
Reply Quote
I'm a WD, didn't start playing until the exploits were already patched, have MF'd for a grand total of 1 hour, and no one gave me any gold or items and I've finished Inferno.

Maybe you should just accept the fact that you're not very good at this game. You already have 3 easymode, straight forward difficulties; inferno was designed to be exactly what it is, a challenge that takes considerable time to complete.

Challenge should mean new mechanics, different ways of playing and adjusting to a new difficulty. Being one shotted because I'm not ultra-geared has NOTHING to do with skill.
Reply Quote
I don't necessarily think Inferno should be nerfed (I'm about 1/2 through Act 2).

But I totally agree with the drop changes.

The AH, while useful, is simply NOT FUN. In a gear grind game, I was tired of all my grinding being for gold to gear up via AH (as Acts 1 and 2 don't drop the better stuff).

I don't want to use the AH to gear up, but honestly, I was nearing my caring point with grinding, realizing I wasn't actually going to get anything useful from it, other than gold.

But loot is messed up all through this game.

I was just on my 43 monk, and did the end of NM act 2. You have to be a MINIMUM of level 43 to join this quest (or is it the saving citizens quest?) via public group, and I am 43.

The drops from the lead up to the boss and Belial range from like 20 to 35.

I'm sorry, but that's stupid, when the AH has level 43 items (and good ones) for 10k gold.

It was like this on my first character, and it's still like this.

If I were wanting to grind to get gear drops for my 43 monk, I'm probably going to take my 60 into NM act 4 or even hell act 1, as that's where the items that my NM act 3 monk can use actually drop. And it's like this all through the game.

But honestly, the easiest way to grind items for an alt is to smash pots for an hour and then AH.

Horrible.
Reply Quote
Discounting everyones opinions but my own?

No. Not really. I'm in a HUGE group of people that have these concerns about inferno, then it's typically a DH that comes along and says " OMG BUFF INFERNO "

You started with discounting two classes and any players that have played for a significant amount of time. Just between the two that's a decent percentage of the player base.

As a Barb I say leave inferno like it is though.
Reply Quote
inferno is a challenge for everyone except demon hunter apparently. maybe make another difficulty where demon hunters die every second and everyone other class can face roll it, that would be fun.

playing a monk btw, and yes i do buy off the auction house, but its that or spend a week trying to find better bracers from mob drops.
Edited by kinlopunim#1148 on 6/8/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Challenge should mean new mechanics, different ways of playing and adjusting to a new difficulty. Being one shotted because I'm not ultra-geared has NOTHING to do with skill.

If you want skill based difficulty you aren't going to find it in a diablo game, at least not on the pve side. It's all about getting gear to do the higher difficulty easier. Diablo 2 worked the same way but was far easier.
Reply Quote
My main problem is simply with the drops, which are being changed. Inferno should be nerfed based on current drops, not sure about with the new drops in Act 1/2. Maybe they are making it too simple now.

I am always up for a challenge. Just like to be able to play a game without the reliance of buying gear from the AH.
Reply Quote
111 hours on my barb, and NO I do NOT think that inferno should be nerfed, I think it was intended for crazy driven people who want an extremely hard difficulty, I'm in act II inferno, and yes it is hard, sometimes stupid hard.. and I think it should stay that way.
Reply Quote
The point is inferno is NOT HARD right now. Ranged can burst down things from a screen away, DH mostly, and melee can gear up way beyond what's needed and not find it challenging as well.

Design more mechanics I have to dodge, sure. Design traps that will kill me if I step on them, design things to where I have to react quickly, and think of what to do next.

Don't base the entire difficulty on whether or not you can get a ton of gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]