Diablo® III

Diablo 3 get's boring fast

Stumbled upon this guy's comment on Diablo 3 and I can't help but agree with what he has to say. There's a bunch more but honestly I can't help but feel the same. Diablo 3 just feels like a giant item farm, where they sacrificed all the real skill so they could make a big real money auction house and milk all the players for actual money. I've got a couple high level characters, one of them being a level 49 monk in hardcore, and honestly I find myself yawning while playing:

"So Diablo 3 is a pretty fun game…kinda. Like nearly every Blizzard title to date it has sold out faster than a vending machine crammed with !@#$%^- in Charlie Sheen’s dressing room and will consume countless hours of your already sad life. I guess part of the appeal is that the skill level required is so pathetically low that anyone who has played Hungry Hungry Hippos or Whack-A-Mole will feel right at home. While I’ve mostly enjoyed my time with Diablo 3, I feel the need to point out its flaws and make it feel horrible about itself to protect my own fragile self esteem.

First of all, I’m an old schooler. I foamed at the mouth after watching the Diablo promo video on the Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness disc in 1995 and played the *!@# out of it to hold me over until Ultima Online in 1997. In 2000 I risked exposing myself as a huge dork to my cool girlfriend when Diablo 2 launched and shrieked like a girl as I read the back of the box on the way home. I get Diablo. I grew up on the $%^-. It’s also been a long time since we saw a new title in the series. Twelve years in fact from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction to Diablo 3, but I think many people can agree the series didn’t age as well as we were hoping.

Visually the game is quite nice. The artwork, environments, cut scenes, spell effects and character animations are all first class and make you feel like you dropped a tab of acid. Going on a killing frenzy with your friends like white cops in LA makes your heart race, screaming for more. But as soon as the action stops, you’re instantly bored like listening to your wife talk about menopause. Those are essentially the two emotions you will feel while playing. Supreme boredom and mild amusement which will regularly flop back and forth like Kevin Smith trying to get out of bed without the aid of a forklift...."

The rest is on his site called Nakedrobber.com Has a couple funny pictures too but I don't know how to post them here.
Reply Quote
Yeah I feel the same way... Huge fan of the old games...kinda mindlessly playing this one... haven't even finished normal yet :(

Medieval eBay is what it is :)

Maybe, just maybe PvP will lure me back...
Reply Quote
Medieval eBay is such a perfect description! You nailed it in two words. PVP might bring it back for me, I guess I'll have to wait to see. But the whole auction house just ruined the idea of item hunting. So even PVP will basically be just a "who can afford to spend the most on items" match.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You've been spoiled by the neverending endgame in MMO's like WOW. D3 really isn't any different than D2 in this regard...other than the lack of PVP (which is coming soon).
Reply Quote
Dem analogies.
Reply Quote
To be fair I've never actually played WoW. I'm an old school RPG fan. My favs are Secret of Mana, Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance, Champion of Norath, Diablo 1/2.

Maybe I've just grown past hack and slash as a gamer, but the whole point of this game is item hunting. When I can just go into a big store and buy the items I want then it takes all the mystery and fun out of the game.

I love the art style. The characters are cool. But the gameplay is just lacking enough to keep me coming back.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm level 20 and I'm already bored as all hell.
Reply Quote
I'm about to hit 60 with my first character, and I got my first orange item yesterday on Act III hell (angel's hair belt, good +int). That's about everything.

I can only use 1 banner pattern at a time, so achievements are rather irrelevant (and the chicken is available by default). I don't see myself playing through again with another character. would there be any point? I've noticed here what I noticed in Azeroth - the numbers grow and the enemies stay the same shape except sometimes change colour (palette swaps?). I can only launch meteor so many times Blizzard. Inferno? Keep it.

I think I'll go get the humble bundle now. 8 games for a charitable donation (amount of your choice).

Seems the grit got polished out. Turns out the grit was the gold.
Reply Quote
I think the game just has waaay too little content. I'm seriously bored now. I've levelled a Monk and a DH to 60 and I'm completely sick of the same content OVER AND OVER. It's like a bad dream that just repeats itself. I'm out.

It woudn't be so bad if the drops were actually decent for the content you're farming, but they're not, since you've had to buy AH items to actually progress the drops in the content you're able to farm are just wank.

As mentioned above, with the AH/RMAH, even when PvP is introduced it'll just be some kids with Daddy's credit card that win. !@#$ that. Uninstalled. Goodbye from me ^^
Reply Quote
gets*
Reply Quote
Wish I hadn't read this as I only started playing today. At lvl 10 just now and it already starting to bore me, it feels like an endless cycle of 'get given objective, fight through same mobs to get there, collect something, then press T..' Spent 55euros on this today and i'm thinking '..really?'
Reply Quote
Guy is trying way to hard to sound funny.
Reply Quote
i am sad to say as well!!! this game is way to short, and way to boring!! It's just a month old, and i can't get true inferno! simpy becuase i don't give a !@#$ about it anymore!
First of i saw like 16 different set items for all classes on youtube before release date and bla bla bla, but it hardly every fuxxxxxx drops, and i have yet to see anyone have a full set! and people tell me all legendery items are crap!
the inferno mode from hell is ridicolous, since i have a life and a job, and i am 38 years old, and i need the fingers of a 14 year's old to get true inferno "give me a brake" why should i pay for something i cant do? why don't make inferno a DLC for hardcore gamers??? ok, to hell with that. I seriously have turned diablo 3 off this time for forhaps the last time, becuase it's not fun for me at all, and thats sad because i wanted to love this game like i did diablo2!! the grinding is simply so idiotic that you find crap in act 1 on inferno with 300 Magic find gear! which to me seems clear that someone out there wants you to pay to play, and to get true act2-3-4 "NEVER"... no blizzard i love you guys, but for me, you just made a !@#$ty game this time. hell i call diablo 3 more a work then a game! a stressfull piece of junk! for kids and not for mature people such as my self!
i have run true act 1 inferno i would say 60-70 times i found two legendary that are crappier then level 40 gear! Oo. enough said! and thats running all with minimum 230% magic find with 4 players in party! and that's before the VF has ticked in witch gave me over 300% MF!
people who say it's cool! well have fun! forhaps the game is made for u few 1000 who actully enjoy being killed 50-60 times on some bee's outside of town in act2!!! then just to find out tha the last 4 hours you grinded for gold are for repair bills just to see what happens after those bee's, and then to run into some mini bosses which names and skills, and way's to kill you "in a second" that i wount even mention it here LOL!!! na people quit different stuff in life i think quit diablo 3, becuase it's simply not releaxing and fun, it's not! anyone who says that is lying! "clearly"!!!! you can youtube tips on DH forexampl how to move and bla bla just so u dont get 1 shotted on inferno! LOL is that fun?? seriously you call that having fun? no grinding a few hours and finding stuff you really need and moving forward in balanced way is fun!
Some do alt-ctrl-del all day because they can't do this or that mini boss, and they don't want huge repeair bill's! Some are stubern enough to fight true it just to find out that they drop 2 blue and 400 gold, which both compared to what you spend on killing him both in money and most preciously time of your "LIFE" listen to what i said there please!!!!!!!!!!!! time of ur REAL LIFE, WHICH DOES NOT STOP WHILE YOUR TRYING TO HAVE FUN AND A GOOD LIFE SPAN! Seriously you call that cool and funny??? No, wake the !@#$ up, and remember thatur life is short and your gone and dead way faster then you think! I for one will not spend 14-15 day's of my life trying to get a one hander for my barbarian so that i hopefully can one shot that bee, before she one shots me....LOOOOOOL.. enough said guy's!! seriously don't call me a whinner or hader i am being true and realistic, and i know most of you know excatly what i mean. i do highest levels on all games i used to play. even legendary on FIFA12:)))) but this -.-
ciao! have fun! peace!
Edited by gipsy#1597 on 6/18/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
D3 is exactly the same as D2 in the core mechanics, apart from the permanent talents. Seems hating on Blizzard is becoming the cool thing to do these days, so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. If people got bored of Diablo 3 after a day, yet they somehow amazingly played Diablo 2 over and over for years, they're either trolling or they never played it. Also rose-tinted goggles because Diablo 2 was a QQ fest when it launched as well.
Edited by Todd#6824 on 6/19/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed D3 is getting boring fast, I've leveled a DH and WIZ to 60 and
have only found 2 legendary's in the 200+ hours i've played and I also feel its become a huge item farm for Bliz to make money off. There was something in diablo 2 that kept you coming back. I feel the skill point system was far more attractive having to make fire sorc / light sorc / or cold sorc & the equivalent in other classes created a curiosity to elevate your dmg with that class and so you would experiment now with the runes it became boring you can switch at any time. Also i feel that the 4 man cap in games should be uppd to 6 or more 4 is too little. Something in the story line of D2 kept you coming back which is missing from D3 having run through the story 3 times for both my lvl 60 char's im already bored and it took me twice the time to level my 2nd char than my 1st which never happend in diablo 2 because the story was exciting and the drops where alot better for the level. Now theres no decent items from level 30-50 and i feel thats because we would overpower the monsters for that level but somethings off balance and needs to be fixed otherwise Blizz is gona loose alot of their old school gamers.
Reply Quote
They better give us a really good add-on, and stop with the god damn cool down's.
It feels like I'm playing wow, and after the first patch the fps suddently dropped to 40, and my friend with a alienware had 50. It makes no sense to drop from 100 to 40, even when i had the lowest config's the game's fps didn't change, it feels like it was getting better with higher graphics. I want to lvl all classes to 60, but then i think it's "end-game" There is no character costumation either, and that sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
LOL @ people saying Diablo 2 had the more interesting story. Even the developers of Diablo 2 admitted that the story was tacked on after the game was finished. ARPGs aren't exactly famous for their fascinating stories.
Reply Quote
I think the game just has waaay too little content. I'm seriously bored now. I've levelled a Monk and a DH to 60 and I'm completely sick of the same content OVER AND OVER. It's like a bad dream that just repeats itself. I'm out.

It woudn't be so bad if the drops were actually decent for the content you're farming, but they're not, since you've had to buy AH items to actually progress the drops in the content you're able to farm are just wank.

As mentioned above, with the AH/RMAH, even when PvP is introduced it'll just be some kids with Daddy's credit card that win. !@#$ that. Uninstalled. Goodbye from me ^^

My opinion exactly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
you cant denied the fact that the overall systeme has been to much simplified and that the itemization is kind of crappy. at least in diablo 2 items where worth my time ..... its true that a lot of things got fixed in lod and future patches but its not a reason to do the same mistakes again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]