Diablo® III

Diablo 3 get's boring fast

Gotta agree, I don't see the appeal of Diablo 3 anymore. I initially bought the game because a friend of mine was begging me to try it out with him. I've never played the previous Diablo's so I had no expectations from this game. Of course I heard about the huge hype and 12 years development on the game etc. I just didn't expect anything from it.

From a simple Diablo 3 player with no previous Diablo games under his belt:
Good graphics, Smooth game-play. That's it, that's all it going to get. The rest of the game is !@#$ing terrible.

There are loads of bad things about D3, but I won't get into it. The main thing people need to realize is that this game was probably one of Blizzard's 'Biggest' money-grabbing schemes ever. Game is %^-*ing !@#$, 12 years for this crap. %^-*! please. Feel sorry for the true fan boys like my friend, huge let-down.

Pay for the game, no subscription great! Get real. That's what the RMAH was there for. That's why EVERY single gold and grind place has been NERFED into the ground. They want to force you into using the Auction House. You will do things Blizzard's way, or you will suffer. That's all I've seen. Not for me, I didn't know why there was such a huge hype for this game, and I still don't. One of the worst RPG'S I've ever played.
Reply Quote
I'm a huge Diablo I fan. I've never finished Diablo II. I couldn't stand the sprite-looking graphics and it just seemed endless in parts. So I relate it back to Diablo I for my comparisons. And I've played Diablo I recently, believe it or not. Anyway...

I'm one who's there for the story, the hack and slash, and the conquering of "evil". I don't remember having to "farm" much in Diablo I. Sure I would go back through an area from time to time to see if I could get better drops. But mostly I just charged forward. When it got too hard, I went back and did a previous section. But progressing wasn't about farming gold, per se. It was about drops and seeing what the couple of merchants had. I remember dropping gold stacks on the ground so I had room in inventory. Now I'm broke all the time.

Drops in Diablo III seem very hard to come by - certainly the quality drops. Admittedly, I'm only level 55 but I've put well over 80 hours in the game between that character and another 20-something level I've not played in quite a while.

The Gold Auction House (GAH) was a decent mechanic, I thought. I could track down stuff I could never see dropped. The problem was it completely takes you out of the story and game killing the game's "suspension of belief". But I could shop and find something. Sometimes great deals.

But, now, there's the Real Money Auction House (RMAH). Suddenly all the great pieces are there, not the GAH. I don't have a data phone. I don't need some dongle from Blizzard for $6.50. I'd have to drag it with me wherever I am in order to play. Moreover, I don't want to spend the money I'm seeing items are going for in the RMAH! I spent $50 and my two sons have the Collectors' Edition. My God, Blizzard, you've destroyed the ability to play the game and be successful UNLESS you use the RMAH. And you want me to spend $6.50 (before shipping, I'm sure) in order to participate!

Currently, I'm playing until it gets too hard - usually nasty vampiric, reflective, blah, blah, blah bosses. Then I'll sit on the sidelines for a while until I decide to go farm some gold, find some gear, or get a friend to come help. But, as a group we're getting frustrated. None of us have hit level 60 yet. And, from what I hear, there's a whole new game to play once you hit 60. I'm resolved to continue the game and beat the end while at level 60. But I have NO idea how long that's going to take or if any of my friends will still be playing.

What will Blizzard do for those of us who don't use the RMAH? Why do I have to be a farmer and repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat in order to be successful at this game? That's not what I paid $50 for. I'd like to successfully complete the game without competing with player and professional farmer greed.
Reply Quote
all i care about is decimating all the WoW noobs when 1.1 patch comes out lol i play public games and my god 99% of u are SO bad hahhaha i cannot wait for pvp. i only wish i could still hostile people at will, then i might actually join pub games
Reply Quote
I also have two level 60's...a barb and a dh, I have.. since the day of release played this game continuously trying to find better gear or buy gear.
I haven't played in over 2 weeks now, I'm simply done with this farm fest of junk. There is no reward for any time you spend on this game. The more people that quit, will hopefully send an eye opener to blizzard on how much of a FAIL game they made. I wont buy anymore games from this company. Strictly because of this game full beta release we were given.
Reply Quote
I decided today I was quitting D3 for awhile and going back to Skyrim. I never even hit the 1st dragon in that game so I should get hours of fun:) I have a Lvl 60 Barb which I couldn't get past ACT 1 inferno because I didn't have 20 million gold to blow on gear(nor did I have the patience to farm gold for 100+hours). I also have a Lvl 30 wiz and a Lvl 45 DH. I found myself completely bored out of my skull drudging through the same !@#$ing content with my DH over and over and over again. I'm not gonna sit and play a game I no longer enjoy. Who knows, mayb I will enjoy it after taking a break for a week or 2. But as of now grinding the same content over and over with no feel of progression whatsoever just to get more gold to buy more gear from the AH to progress through the next act(because god knows after like Lvl 30 finding a useful upgrade is like finding a needle in a haystack) just ain't my cup of tea.

I find it funny because I'm usually the one who enjoys a good grind. But I enjoy a grind because there is usually a feel of some type of accomplishment or reward for the time put in. But in this game I feel 0 sense of accomplishment at all. I guess I'm just tired of needing the AH to progress. And for those that will say "the AH is part of the game get over it"....I am over it. Way over it. Boring and repetitive as all get out. I will be playing SkyCrack and then off to KoA. Who knows if I will ever turn back.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard took small "baby" steps when nerfing items, perhaps 5-10% a week, until they get items "working as intended" then the items in the game would still have some value. With the immediate super nerfing of items, it turns a batch of weapons (such as IAS) weapons nearly obsolete. These items become something alot of people (mainly average and casual players) avoid at all costs, whether cheap or expensive. This doesn't improve item diversity in Diablo 3 but it won't hurt item diversity as much ... at least these items would be somewhat relevant.

On the boredom issue ... Aside from my 60's (WD & DH), the Alts I'm using now are going to use NPC weapons/gear and dropped weapons/gear. I'm not sure how long that will last but going to give it a try. I have a feeling I will be purchasing the weapons on the GAH though in the future for these characters. Not sure if it will bring some excitement back but going to give it a try.
Edited by DeadSurvivor#1417 on 6/30/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bring back the ladders!! D2 was so different!!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard already got your money, and now they DGAF
Reply Quote
Yep... Righty oh then... So back to the topic at hand i guess... 0_o
Reply Quote
just bought the game yesterday. after playing and reaching level 8, it made me wonder how d2, even though repetitive, was far more interesting and holds your attention than d3.

d3 is definitely nothing but a huge farming gaming, worsened by lack of unique character builds, poor drops/loots, and maybe throw in the unforgiving server/game issues.
Reply Quote
Got this game a couple of weeks ago. Twelve years fans waited for this. To say it is dissapointing is a massive understatement. If I was a Blizzard employee I would hang myself. Shame shame shame! After hitting level 15 I am bored senseless. Normally I love cleaning everything out, but even the attacks are really !@#$ing boring and hard to listen to the DH's bow make the same sound over and over and over....

If DIII was a car I would drive it off a cliff.
Edited by Keenan#1699 on 7/27/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know the biggest reason D3 is online only? Not because of hackers, not because of bugs/exploits / easier monitoring. Because they didn't want a mod maker completely over shadowing their game. Diablo 3: Inferno Unleashed Mod would roll this game. No one would bother logging on Vanilla D3 again.
Reply Quote
wrong wrong wrong.

D3 is nothing like D2. Item drops and character setup is just all wrong.

Being able to change your character setup anytime totally changed the player motivation to create multiple same class setups. Sure, many will complain but they probably didnt play d2 to understand different builds/characters. That factor added a lot of replaying hours.

In D2, you had such a higher rate of dropped items, it was exciting each time. And multiplayer games? Free for all was great... now, we're all winnars and get our separate loot!
Reply Quote
I agree as well, d3 is nothing like d2.

Everything so far is nerfed down to reduce enjoyment and increase boredom in the name of Auction house.

This game has become a huge lets stack, and kill elite packs. Rinse repeat.

Breaking jars, random exploration yields no rewards.

There is no damn game lobby, just what you can join automatically.

No pvp.

No ladder.

Random items are really terrible, makes this game feels like a giant MMO grind fest, when again; there is NO offline mode.

Guess the reason they make it tedious and boring, non rewarding to find items...

You guessed it Auction House! If people were to find decent-good items, the auction house system would be screwed over.

Makes no sense as well, this game forces online but NO online game lobbies to even join others. Really? All match making... lol...

I can go on and on and on. This is the shallow portion.

This is comming from a hardcore player that has nearly reach act4 inferno.

Wait for Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn (From creators of titan quest) and hope its better. haha.
Edited by ktbanh#1757 on 7/29/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Bloodychef
I really don't understand why D2 is that much better. The core repetition is the same isn't it?

D3 is Diablo II minus skills, unique items, attributes, runes, +skill items and set items, plus a badly implemented fourth difficulty.

Oh.
And ALL elites got could-be player character skills in Diablo III -- instead of having unique attacks.
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 7/29/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by MasterJay
You know the biggest reason D3 is online only? Not because of hackers, not because of bugs/exploits / easier monitoring. Because they didn't want a mod maker completely over shadowing their game. Diablo 3: Inferno Unleashed Mod would roll this game. No one would bother logging on Vanilla D3 again.

No, it's because of the RMAH. That's the bottom line. They may discourage modders as well, but that's not the focus.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Mogrigg
You've been spoiled by the neverending endgame in MMO's like WOW. D3 really isn't any different than D2 in this regard...other than the lack of PVP (which is coming soon).

But isn't this the problem? It really is only slightly different, in mostly worse ways.... For me, waiting for a game and then having it be somewhat the same as the last is not good enough. I wanted innovation on the game in every way, including how dungeons were structures, skills/abilities, how players interact, how items interact with the character, etc. But instead we got a simplified game that seems to be sort of shallow. I have two lvl 60's and I don't care about them. In D2 at least you had some attachment to a char and their gear. D2 wasn't perfect either and to be honest D3 is an upgrade, but for the time D2 was released it really kicked !@#.... Not so much for D3.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Milicatwo
D3 is exactly the same as D2 in the core mechanics, apart from the permanent talents. Seems hating on Blizzard is becoming the cool thing to do these days, so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. If people got bored of Diablo 3 after a day, yet they somehow amazingly played Diablo 2 over and over for years, they're either trolling or they never played it. Also rose-tinted goggles because Diablo 2 was a QQ fest when it launched as well.

It wasn't though. In Diablo 2 you had an incentive to build multiple characters of the same class...as you couldn't switch anything on the fly. This incentive existed because D2 had so many items that complimented a specific build of a particular class. Take Titan's javelin for example - great for javazons. Schaeffer's hammer was amazing for zealadins at one time. Point being, itemization and character customization was alot more varied and useful in Diablo 2. In Diablo 3, you can change your customization on the fly so there is no point in making multiple characters of a particular class. People end up just copying someone else. And only specific items are good for a specific class, rather than a specific class build like in Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 also had a level 99 cap, so you always had something else to grind while grinding for much more interesting items than what Diablo 3 has to offer.

Diablo 3 was truly a step back in the series imo. It's Diablo dumbed down.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Milicatwo
D3 is exactly the same as D2 in the core mechanics, apart from the permanent talents. Seems hating on Blizzard is becoming the cool thing to do these days, so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. If people got bored of Diablo 3 after a day, yet they somehow amazingly played Diablo 2 over and over for years, they're either trolling or they never played it. Also rose-tinted goggles because Diablo 2 was a QQ fest when it launched as well.

This is not even remotely true. By removing skill trees and attribute points Blizzard effectively KILLED any reason to replay the game and see if you can create a better, stronger build. Diablo 2 was a game that pushed our creativity to the limits, "Will this work? Will that build work?" We refined and crafted builds and strategies for YEARS.

Diablo 3 took that away. They took it away and left us with NOTHING TO DO!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]