Diablo® III

Destroying Inferno

85 Gnome Mage
This is the build I'm using for Inferno atm, and btw I NEVER change specs, and I rarely die, this build + godly skill kiting and stutter stepping will help you in the long run.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ceYXVf!YTe!baZabb

I may switch up to Tactical Advantage PS and Hot Pursuit PS every once in a while also... but other than that I don't change any skills.

If you ask why I use Chakrams that one should bring back memories from the earlier difficulties... I use this because it is the only skill that completely goes off the map as far as reaching enemies far away, through walls, up and down stairs, across ledges etc... I know rapid fire, hungering arrow, evasive fire also do these to an extent but not with the same range and same damage that Twin Chakrams do, and they cost 10 hatred which is nothing in my pool so I can literally spam maybe half of my hatred pool and a whole pack of champion mobs will be dead in literally a few seconds as long as I throw down a trap and have my distance measured correctly. With all the added run speed and proper stutter stepping and kiting you are boss and will not ever die... when I encounter wallers and mobs that are getting dangeriously close to me I will pop SS with run ability and run BACK past them, they can't hit you when invisible and then you have room to breath while you get your discipline or hate back up. Hope this helps some having difficulty.

My DPS is 39,000 with 28,000 HP and 200+ resist all. I also have 150+MF so it's way up there with +5NV. GL to all.
Reply Quote
Interesting, I will definitely try it out. Twinchakrams were my fav skills back in nightmare.
Reply Quote
I've been thinking about chakrams lately. If you get a chest that has -4 hatred cost to chakram, you would literally be able to spam it endlessly with a bat companion. could be neat.
Reply Quote
1. what act are you in?
2. I cant see you using that rapid fire much due to the amount of kiting needed in inferno
Reply Quote
rapid fire + stutterstep

i want to see that
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I'm in A2, and all who are saying RF sucks just don't how to effectively play with it then obviously...

You get your distance off screen then annihilate everything from a far distance away, I'll make a video and show you how it's done.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I'm in A2, and all who are saying RF sucks just don't how to effectively play with it then obviously...

You get your distance off screen then annihilate everything from a far distance away, I'll make a video and show you how it's done.

Being in A2 is not destroying Inferno.
Reply Quote
you know normal and inferno arent the same right?
Edited by BadHabbitS#6637 on 5/31/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Way to break free of the cookie cutter. Look forward to the video. How's Rapid Fire on bosses though? Tentacles is very strong, do you switch for act bosses?
Reply Quote

If you're destroying A2 anything else in Inferno (barring certain mobs in A3 and A4) is getting destroyed. A2 is the hardest act for almost all players. Not sure if you've been there?
Reply Quote
Please, this build is king: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#echfki!fcg!ccaaac
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Evasive fire is your hatred generator? GG
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Another thing I want to add to Chakrams and Rapid Fire is that my Chakrams will "double hit" the ENTIRE champion pack which would be critting for 100k to each monster in the matter of a second which is AOE damage. See how this movie can be OP? And especially when they are stuck behind a wall or in a tight path.

Onto Rapid Fire, you get far enough off screen in a diagonal manner and shift stop and click (stutter step) rapid fire all the way to them, RF is by far the most damaging skill I've got that is more effective than the others. Sometimes I will use Elemental Arrow with Skulls to fear packs and what not but not much else is useful for me.

This is what is working great for me so if you can make it work for you too I'm not trying to be a troll... just trying to help out.
Reply Quote
Destroying inferno with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ZeThPf!dgZ!aZcZca

plz beleve me

That was good for a laugh. Thanks =)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Why so much hate and discontent towards an honest player trying to help out people...?
Edited by DannySki#1795 on 5/31/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
If you all are steamrolling Inferno and posting negative things like joke builds I want to see all of your alls real builds... post em now so we can get down to the bottom of this and who has the best build.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter

If you're destroying A2 anything else in Inferno (barring certain mobs in A3 and A4) is getting destroyed. A2 is the hardest act for almost all players. Not sure if you've been there?

He's in A2, meaning the only thing he has destroyed is A1 or else he would be in A3. I too am in A2 Inferno, but I wouldn't considering myself destroying Inferno unless I was cleaning up in A4. I'm only saying this to say that his strats in A1 may not be viable later on.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Deáthless
If you all are steamrolling Inferno and posting negative things like joke builds I want to see all of your alls real builds... post em now so we can get down to the bottom of this and who has the best build.

Here you go.

http://i.imgur.com/Teumm.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]