Diablo® III

Destroying Inferno

Well, honestly, using evasive fire as your hatred generator is a bit odd. Your build uses hatred, but there's no consistent hatred generator in there. How does that work?

How can you possibly do anything outside of one basic rotation (so to speak)? Once you're out of hatred, what then? Evasive fire like mad? Doesn't make much sense.

Usually you'll see a build with Either Bola shot or perhaps Hungering Arrow for hatred regen.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Lol @ the image, destroying means that I'm not dying much and killing everything with very little difficulty... I will also destroy A3 and 4 when I get there too but w/e...
Reply Quote
82 Dwarf Warrior
One thing I would say is it's good to see people with different builds being able to clear content instead of the cookie cutter one and only builds.
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing.
Reply Quote
I've used evasive fire in the past and it does manage to generate the hatred you need as long as you have a high attack speed. Also if your crit chance is high (with sharpshooter) you end up critting a lot, which interrupts most enemies. The only problem is that if (when) enemies get close you end up spending up your discipline bouncing away from them, so you don't have any for SS when you really need it.

I'll give this build a shot without the EF and a slightly different passive skill theory. It's worth a try since I think I can definitely achieve higher dps.
Reply Quote
there is no point to having chakrams and rapid fire, they are redundant.

pick one and then use the other for a utility skill
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Deáthless
If you all are steamrolling Inferno and posting negative things like joke builds I want to see all of your alls real builds... post em now so we can get down to the bottom of this and who has the best build.

Hey not being negative but I use this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#alXRVj!TYe!YbZcYY Its completely different than yours and works fine for me. I am pretty sure that there isn't a best build and that people should figure out what skills compliment their strengths.

Anyways, thanks for the post, I think your build is very interesting and I can see it working. One question I have is why do you take so many skills that rely on heavy disc/hatred costs? I have found it most effective to pick one of each and use long cooldowns/ulility in other slots.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Well, honestly, using evasive fire as your hatred generator is a bit odd. Your build uses hatred, but there's no consistent hatred generator in there. How does that work?

How can you possibly do anything outside of one basic rotation (so to speak)? Once you're out of hatred, what then? Evasive fire like mad? Doesn't make much sense.

Usually you'll see a build with Either Bola shot or perhaps Hungering Arrow for hatred regen.

The reason I use evasive fire is because #1 it has knockback on the mobs, #2 it can hit up to 6 mobs, not 3, #3 it will get you out of trouble for a low discipline cost when mobs get dangerously close with a backflip, #4 it generates hatred just fine and PLOWS down normal mobs, #5 it goes through walls, #6 I find it quite good to kill rares and champions with but that's just me maybe..., so this is to many pros on one simple small skill. I love it because it's also instant damage and bola shot is just a waste because it's slow, takes a while to hit them, doesn't flip you away, and has a delay on the damage. I'm looking for all instants, and + you can spam evasive fire with chakrams for quadruple damage... enough reasons for you?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
05/31/2012 10:42 AMPosted by RandyMarsh
I've used evasive fire in the past and it does manage to generate the hatred you need as long as you have a high attack speed. Also if your crit chance is high (with sharpshooter) you end up critting a lot, which interrupts most enemies. The only problem is that if (when) enemies get close you end up spending up your discipline bouncing away from them, so you don't have any for SS when you really need it.

Thanks for helping me out, I agree 100% with this.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Hey not being negative but I use this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#alXRVj!TYe!YbZcYY Its completely different than yours and works fine for me. I am pretty sure that there isn't a best build and that people should figure out what skills compliment their strengths.

Anyways, thanks for the post, I think your build is very interesting and I can see it working. One question I have is why do you take so many skills that rely on heavy disc/hatred costs? I have found it most effective to pick one of each and use long cooldowns/ulility in other slots.

I like your build also, I agree that it's good to see everyones build and not just criticize people for whatever they think is not their own. I will also try your build, I have used everything in your build before but I don't understand the use of hungering arrow, can you explain it to me? Thanks. Also I'm not sure what you mean by skills that rely on heavy disc and hate cost? I am at full hate and discipline almost all the time, using evasive fire from off the screen with a 1.60 RoF bow makes me pretty much 2 shot everything normal mobs in inferno...

When I run into lets say a champion pack, I will throw rapid fire out immediately, throw down traps first thing, once they get close I run away and continue to regen hate build up with evasive fire shooting all the mobs with the AOE from it. That in return builds the hate quickly and when I throw another trap I ruin them with the dual chakrams and the mix of evasive fire for quadruple damage all at once while they are trapped, works almost every time, I maybe kite mobs for max 20 seconds before they are always dead... The only things that slow me down are the extra health and invulnerable mobs, everything else is cake.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Deáthless
Lol @ the image, destroying means that I'm not dying much and killing everything with very little difficulty... I will also destroy A3 and 4 when I get there too but w/e...

In my opinion, being able to survive inferno act 3 or 4 and being able to kill things is a large step in the right direction. Even if you die a few times, its not that bad in my opinion.

But as you described "destroying" I agree with your description more as you should be killing everything with little difficulty. In order to do that there must be higher lvl gear involved in order to stack a lot of DPS. I have seen some ppl with 100k DPS without Sharp shooter. (obviously top tier gear and godly helms/chest and gloves)

Smoke Screen + prep is going to be your main survivability skills. Most others use hungering arrow+devour and Ele arrow+nether.
Reply Quote
I don't think you fully understand the power of elemental arrow with nether or hungering arrow with devouring... Take a look at my build.. this build gives me very good survivability...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXVT!TYe!YcaZbZ
Edited by Hotstreak#1619 on 5/31/2012 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Alastairz
Evasive fire is your hatred generator? GG

EF with covering is amazing. you should try it sometime
Reply Quote
i think my companion takes care of the hatred regen... I am hardly hatred starved.. I guess it is due to my kiting..
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Deáthless
Why so much hate and discontent towards an honest player trying to help out people...?

Because you think you are smart but contrarily, have rapid fire in your build.

People wouldn't have discontent towards you if your build didn't have glaring flaws.
Edited by YMGTC#1623 on 5/31/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm working my way through Act II Inferno with a build similar to Grahn's. I would like to see the video of you wrecking things with the stutter-step/rapid fire idea, though. Not because I'm trolling, but to get a feel for if it might be better than what I'm up to.
Reply Quote
And, of course, because it's the internetz...and if there isn't video, it didn't happen. ;)
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Niytstryke
And, of course, because it's the internetz...and if there isn't video, it didn't happen. ;)

For your own sake, leave rapid fire off of your bar forever unless it gets buffed.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I'd just like to see if someone is legitimately making it work. I like the skill, but haven't really found much of a use for it compared to Nether Tentacles in Inferno Act II.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Niytstryke
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I'd just like to see if someone is legitimately making it work. I like the skill, but haven't really found much of a use for it compared to Nether Tentacles in Inferno Act II.

If someone is "making it work" they are still crippling themselves for no reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]