Diablo® III

Destroying Inferno

Hmmm, might have to try evasive fire again when the servers come back up. I didn't know it had the benefit of firing through walls. I'm not sold on going RF over Elem+BL but I will give it a go. Thanks for the tips.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Shotgun
Being in A2 is not destroying Inferno.

My thoughts exactly. This is the same thing that was going on with Barbarians saying how amazing they are doing just because they can 1 shot champ packs in Act 1. The truth of the matter is that Act 2 can be challenging, but Act 3 and 4 are way more difficult. The mobs in Act 3 hit for like double what they do in Act 2.

I didn't take the build seriously the second I saw Sharpshooter used in tandem with rapid fire. You realize how often you'll be critting with Rapid Fire up? A lot. Enough to the extent that you won't even make use of that crit passive. Furthermore, the thought of using rapid fire at all is just bonkers.

No hungering arrow and no ele arrow either? K...

Good luck in Act 3/4.
Reply Quote
Personally, I think you'll have problems with Belial with this build. But if you can make it work, more power to you.
Reply Quote
This is the build I'm using for Inferno atm, and btw I NEVER change specs, and I rarely die, this build + godly skill kiting and stutter stepping will help you in the long run.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ceYXVf!YTe!baZabb

I may switch up to Tactical Advantage PS and Hot Pursuit PS every once in a while also... but other than that I don't change any skills.

If you ask why I use Chakrams that one should bring back memories from the earlier difficulties... I use this because it is the only skill that completely goes off the map as far as reaching enemies far away, through walls, up and down stairs, across ledges etc... I know rapid fire, hungering arrow, evasive fire also do these to an extent but not with the same range and same damage that Twin Chakrams do, and they cost 10 hatred which is nothing in my pool so I can literally spam maybe half of my hatred pool and a whole pack of champion mobs will be dead in literally a few seconds as long as I throw down a trap and have my distance measured correctly. With all the added run speed and proper stutter stepping and kiting you are boss and will not ever die... when I encounter wallers and mobs that are getting dangeriously close to me I will pop SS with run ability and run BACK past them, they can't hit you when invisible and then you have room to breath while you get your discipline or hate back up. Hope this helps some having difficulty.

My DPS is 39,000 with 28,000 HP and 200+ resist all. I also have 150+MF so it's way up there with +5NV. GL to all.

I'm using a cold weapon atm, so is Cull the Weak PS good at all?
Reply Quote
The reason people are laughing at you is the impracticality of rapid fire in Inferno. Your DPS is no where near high enough to kill difficult act 3/4 packs before they get to you and unless you can hold down Rapid Fire for 4 or 5 seconds its a terrible damage to hatred ratio skill. It literally cannot be used against a difficult pack (anything that has built in speed like fallen, ranged attacks like act 3 spear throwers or instant move speed like phase beats/lacuni leapers) because you never get to stand still long enough. Also, unlike almost every other ability we have, its channeled - while you mix in, say, hungering arrows and elemental arrows, having chakrams and rapid fire together is pointless.
Reply Quote
Yeah good luck with Belial LOL

But yeah, seems like an interesting build for sure. I like how all the builds people are showing are so vastly different from mine. Right now I'm running with this most of the time... was working on downing Belial when the servers went down.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRXcVT!Yab!abZZYZ

I have +9 disc on my quiver, and with this build 100% of my disc is going into smoke screen... I'm built for more of an endurance battle with tons of hatred regen and Elemental Arrow with Screaming Skull to keep most groups of mobs off me fairly reliably.

To those dissing on Rapid Fire... get over yourself. It really is pretty much unbeatable as far as ongoing single-target DPS goes. I don't use it that often except on bosses/champions that can't be feared as of late though. Sometimes I switch the rune to Withering Fire for more hatred regen. :3

I almost never run out of hatred with this build... but when I do, i use Entangling Shot with Chain Gang to simultaneously hit and slow four targets at once, which gives me time while I wait for more hatred to spam Skull Arrow and get things off me. At times when I'm surrounded by multiple mobs that are almost dead, Chain Gang can be nice to rid several at once.
Edited by Timinator#1383 on 5/31/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah good luck with Belial LOL

But yeah, seems like an interesting build for sure. I like how all the builds people are showing are so vastly different from mine. Right now I'm running with this most of the time... was working on downing Belial when the servers went down.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRXcVT!Yab!abZZYZ

I have +9 disc on my quiver, and with this build 100% of my disc is going into smoke screen... I'm built for more of an endurance battle with tons of hatred regen and Elemental Arrow with Screaming Skull to keep most groups of mobs off me fairly reliably.

To those dissing on Rapid Fire... get over yourself. It really is pretty much unbeatable as far as ongoing single-target DPS goes. I don't use it that often except on bosses/champions that can't be feared as of late though. Sometimes I switch the rune to Withering Fire for more hatred regen. :3

I almost never run out of hatred with this build... but when I do, i use Entangling Shot with Chain Gang to simultaneously hit and slow four targets at once, which gives me time while I wait for more hatred to spam Skull Arrow and get things off me. At times when I'm surrounded by multiple mobs that are almost dead, Chain Gang can be nice to rid several at once.

You think you know anything, but the fact of the matter is that devouring arrow does more single target dps than rapid fire except with support fire. Lets not even mention the fact that it can be stutter stepped, and generates hatred instead of using it.
Reply Quote
K, Personally this is what i've been using, it works wonders. i do die occassionally but who doesnt right? please critique
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYglc!bTe!aaZZbb
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:08 PMPosted by YMGTC
You think you know anything, but the fact of the matter is that devouring arrow does more single target dps than rapid fire except with support fire. Lets not even mention the fact that it can be stutter stepped, and generates hatred instead of using it.

I keep hearing people say this, but I don't see how it's possible...

Is it because people are using gear that buffs that specific skill? I'm genuinely curious as to how people reach this conclusion.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150760659

Then don't speak if you aren't informed.
Edited by YMGTC#1623 on 5/31/2012 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:24 AMPosted by BlueTooth
If you all are steamrolling Inferno and posting negative things like joke builds I want to see all of your alls real builds... post em now so we can get down to the bottom of this and who has the best build.

Here you go.

http://i.imgur.com/Teumm.jpg
That made me LOL.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150760659

Then don't speak if you aren't informed.

Thanks for the link.
Reply Quote
I'm in A2, and all who are saying RF sucks just don't how to effectively play with it then obviously...

You get your distance off screen then annihilate everything from a far distance away, I'll make a video and show you how it's done.

Being in A2 is not destroying Inferno.

this
Reply Quote
OP, please try the following build:

05/31/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Timinator

I keep hearing people say this, but I don't see how it's possible...

Is it because people are using gear that buffs that specific skill? I'm genuinely curious as to how people reach this conclusion.

It's not universally true, but it's true in general. For a single target, Rapid Fire will do more damage than NT if NT only hits once, but most mobs which are low get hit 2 times by NT, if not 3 times, depending in part on the angle you fire at.

This gives NT a higher damage / second, and damage per hatred than any other skill.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXVj!aYe!YccZcY

this is what i use
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
LOL

Rapid fire.

Inferno.

Yep.
Reply Quote
Nice trolling, I highly doubt you will get anyway in act2 with a nasty build like that, homing rockets fails and battlescars is completely useless in inferno lol what a baddie, I solo'd act2 and belial and most elites and i can tell you this build is completely retarded
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]