Diablo® III

vault

so, playing my DH on inferno act 2 and i have two groups that come at me and i hit vault to pull them together and slow them with calatrops and just !@# @*@# them with elemental arrow with shadow... but instead it sends me in the middle of one of the groups... I never used this spell coming up to 60 but idk if it glitched out or is that really working as intended?
Reply Quote
Vault pushes you forward. If you want something that pushes you back, try evasive fire.
Reply Quote
Vault sends you flying towards the direction of your mouse. If you were pointing towards the groups you'd vault towards them. If you quickly and simultaneously move your mouse behind your character and press Vault you'd go back. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with the ability.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Onibaku
Vault sends you flying towards the direction of your mouse. If you were pointing towards the groups you'd vault towards them. If you quickly and simultaneously move your mouse behind your character and press Vault you'd go back. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with the ability.

wrong.
i experience delay in targeting... if i were to do that id vault forward even though i pressed vault when my mouse was behind my DH

I believe this is due to game lag, not the skill itself. I have experienced what you are referring to more than a few times.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Onibaku

wrong.
i experience delay in targeting... if i were to do that id vault forward even though i pressed vault when my mouse was behind my DH

Same thing, I lost count how many times I died when trying to vault or run out and the character would either keep shooting or vault forward. Their targeting is broken, it's too 'sticky', mobs have too big of a hitbox, your mouse will be nowhere near a mob and you'll still be targeting it. This is especially true while moving.

On top of that, both Vault and Smoke Screen have like 0.5 delay before activating, add an average of 200ms latency and yeah ... your character is way way less responsive than in D2.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 08:29 PMPosted by DirkGently

wrong.

I believe this is due to game lag, not the skill itself. I have experienced what you are referring to more than a few times.

It is actually due to your weapon speed I believe. Try it out if you don't believe me...

When I run dual wield and I have about 2.3APS I can shoot and cast vault/SS within a fraction of a second of it needing to go off. When my bow is equipped and I am at 1.8APS I experience a delay.

This is also try if you are spamming your Primary fire and then try and use a secondary fire, trap, etc etc.

It is all based on weapon speed I believe. I am usually about 150ish ping.
Reply Quote

It is actually due to your weapon speed I believe. Try it out if you don't believe me...

When I run dual wield and I have about 2.3APS I can shoot and cast vault/SS within a fraction of a second of it needing to go off. When my bow is equipped and I am at 1.8APS I experience a delay.

This is also try if you are spamming your Primary fire and then try and use a secondary fire, trap, etc etc.

It is all based on weapon speed I believe. I am usually about 150ish ping.

really? well that is an interesting fact. I don't like it because I am normally using a two-handed bow (most of which are only base 1.4aps) and I think I am at 1.6-1.74aps. seems like it should be a flat number regardless of attack speed.
Reply Quote

When I run dual wield and I have about 2.3APS I can shoot and cast vault/SS within a fraction of a second of it needing to go off. When my bow is equipped and I am at 1.8APS I experience a delay

Very interesting, thanks for this input.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]