Diablo® III

I am Barbarian hear me CRY!

im yet another Barbarian who will cry about Inferno act 1, my gear seems to be all over the place. forgot to get a screen shot of my stats before server shutdown, but its crap. some good pieces. wondering if i should go back to Hell Act 4 and finish 4 and 5 again or not. my health varies from 25k to 30k, my armor is at around 4400(extremely low) my damage is around 7k, and my resistances are all around 200.
Reply Quote
I was able to finish A1 with just Str + Vit. I had around 30-40k health (don't remember exactly), and about 14.5k dps with a 800 dps weapon. Just used WotB to melt most blue/yellow groups with Ignore Pain. However, that won't be nearly enough to get you anywhere in A2, but it'll work to clear A1.
Reply Quote
Act 1 is a joke compared to Act 2 (same with the level of difficulty between Act 2 and Acts 3/4).

My rec would be to farm the beginning of Act 1 until you can do Warden/Butcher runs with 5x NV.

Select one of the first quests (where you start by talking to the guard outside of camp when the undead start to break in). Kill all of the Wretched Mothers until you get to the rare one by the waypoint. During this run check for the well (and if it is open descend down as it is loaded with gold). Also, check to see if the top left cellar is open. If so, descend here as well and defeat the gold quill. He is easy and drops loads of gold and some blue items/gems. You should also get some blue items from the rare Wretched Mother by the waypoint. After you defeat her, collect your items, check the weapon rack a bit south of there. Also check to see if the Dank Cellar is open in the south as sometimes a treasure goblin appears down there. Lastly, go back to town and collect your gold for completing the quest and vendor your goods. Rinse/Repeat until you have enough gold to make upgrades.

If you get further ahead, you can also farm Haedrig's wife. Simply select that mission, talk to Cain, talk to Haedrig, go into his cellar, kill her, collect some gold and blues (on occasion yellow). Rinse/Repeat.
Reply Quote
Unbuffed resist should be about 200-300
DPS should run around 8k (for 1H-Board)
Armor should be at least 6k
HP maybe around 35k
as much as possible, have str and vit >1000

No need to spend 1m gold for act 1. You can buy cheap str vit gears for about 75k-150k. Farm farm farm.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much, and i was actually Farming Haedrig's wife. havent had any luck with drops yet tho. but when server comes back up im going to own her face until she gives me what i want. i never imagined that i would have such a hard time in inferno since i cleared Hell pretty quickly lol
Reply Quote
ya those numbers seem about right, striving for them. tho most people complain about the grind i actually love it. makes it more worth it in the end when you accomplish getting everything you can and getting through the acts.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Wuvius
I was able to finish A1 with just Str + Vit. I had around 30-40k health (don't remember exactly), and about 14.5k dps with a 800 dps weapon. Just used WotB to melt most blue/yellow groups with Ignore Pain. However, that won't be nearly enough to get you anywhere in A2, but it'll work to clear A1.

14.5k DPS would be awesome at this point lol
Reply Quote
In my (limited, not by choice :/) experience with Inferno, I'd say either go back and farm Act 4 Hell as fast as possible until you have enough gold to buy all the stupidly overpriced stuff on the AH, or just reroll.

I figured I'd just farm Act 1 Inferno but I think it's way too tedious and time-consuming to actually make any money. I roll through white trash mobs with my crap DPS tank build, and I do quite well on many elites or champs, but it seems like every time I get 2 or 3 stacks of NV, I come across a mob with like, Fast, Molten, Frozen, Plagued or some ridiculous nonsense and I spend literally 20 minutes trying to down one pack. It's just not economical at all.

If you have reliable buddies you play with who can provide the DPS while you tank, it is probably far more doable. I just haven't been able to test my theory since all my friends are now way ahead of me and don't want to play the beginning of Act 1.
Reply Quote
In my (limited, not by choice :/) experience with Inferno, I'd say either go back and farm Act 4 Hell as fast as possible until you have enough gold to buy all the stupidly overpriced stuff on the AH, or just reroll.

I figured I'd just farm Act 1 Inferno but I think it's way too tedious and time-consuming to actually make any money. I roll through white trash mobs with my crap DPS tank build, and I do quite well on many elites or champs, but it seems like every time I get 2 or 3 stacks of NV, I come across a mob with like, Fast, Molten, Frozen, Plagued or some ridiculous nonsense and I spend literally 20 minutes trying to down one pack. It's just not economical at all.

If you have reliable buddies you play with who can provide the DPS while you tank, it is probably far more doable. I just haven't been able to test my theory since all my friends are now way ahead of me and don't want to play the beginning of Act 1.

ya im happy i have great friends from SWTOR who play so once ina while i get hooked up with a great piece. also i come across those type of mobs that you mentioned constantly, such an annoyance. also waiting for my buddy to finish his Inferno staff of herding. tho i dont think at this point we would be able to clear out Whimsyshire, but it would be fun to try
Reply Quote
My Barb Act2,HP35K Dps25K All Res 100-150 Armor 5.5K,The Monster i cant face in Act2,Fast Invincible.The most important of a skill He did not write the skill below their names!When they were close to death, bones logo will appear in their heads!after that logo appear,my Hp Reduce 1sec per 6k damage!!!This skill so suck!
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Excalibur
My Barb Act2,HP35K Dps25K All Res 100-150 Armor 5.5K,The Monster i cant face in Act2,Fast Invincible.The most important of a skill He did not write the skill below their names!When they were close to death, bones logo will appear in their heads!after that logo appear,my Hp Reduce 1sec per 6k damage!!!This skill so suck!

ahh so you basically went full dps huh
Reply Quote
Farming is an option, but farmin just to get gear youll wear is a bit of a foold game.

Hitting up the AH is your best option, and if your goal is to get act 1 to farm status, you wont need a lot of cash.

Your resistances look good for act 1, everything else seems a bit low. Depending on how you got to 200 resists (IE if all your gear has like 20-30, thats bad, but if youve got some 50s and etc you should be fine.), you might not need to get a heck of a lot.

I can state for sure that you can do it for under 350K, as thats what i spent to get a buck naked barbarian to a 5 stack butcher kill, and i wasnt usin a follower.

(I can also tell you its not terribly hard to get your enchantress and scoundrel to 3.5K dps using only inferno act 1 drops.)
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Excalibur
after that logo appear,my Hp Reduce 1sec per 6k damage!!!This skill so suck!

Thats the enrage timer, not a skill. All bosses have that, you took too long to kill em basically.
Reply Quote
Farming is an option, but farmin just to get gear youll wear is a bit of a foold game.

Hitting up the AH is your best option, and if your goal is to get act 1 to farm status, you wont need a lot of cash.

Your resistances look good for act 1, everything else seems a bit low. Depending on how you got to 200 resists (IE if all your gear has like 20-30, thats bad, but if youve got some 50s and etc you should be fine.), you might not need to get a heck of a lot.

I can state for sure that you can do it for under 350K, as thats what i spent to get a buck naked barbarian to a 5 stack butcher kill, and i wasnt usin a follower.

(I can also tell you its not terribly hard to get your enchantress and scoundrel to 3.5K dps using only inferno act 1 drops.)

under 350k? hell i wish i was better at the AH game, everything i see is like 2-20million lol
Reply Quote
type in low buyout prices. I got geared and can farm act 1 so easily now, cost me around 100k total. Some people sell stuff for super cheap when others sell it for a !@#$ load.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 07:22 AMPosted by TimmyTwoToes
type in low buyout prices. I got geared and can farm act 1 so easily now, cost me around 100k total. Some people sell stuff for super cheap when others sell it for a !@#$ load.

k
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Seikahtik
under 350k? hell i wish i was better at the AH game, everything i see is like 2-20million lol

Im guessing you're searchin for Resist/Vit/Strength.

Not needed at all for act 1. Nor act 2 for that matter.

I bought 3 blues with 70+ resist all, and 150 odd strength, and called resistances good. And got a huge boost to dps. That was all the resist needed for act 1, especially doin 14K dps with a cheap (140K, your definition of cheap may vary) 1050dps 2 hander.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Warboor

Im guessing you're searchin for Resist/Vit/Strength.

Not needed at all for act 1. Nor act 2 for that matter.

I bought 3 blues with 70+ resist all, and 150 odd strength, and called resistances good. And got a huge boost to dps. That was all the resist needed for act 1, especially doin 14K dps with a cheap (140K, your definition of cheap may vary) 1050dps 2 hander.

ahhh ok
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I too felt act 1 sucked when I started it and then I the same about act2. I am at the point now where I can enjoy my barb in act 2 without dying too much and guess what?>?????

I never changed my spec I never sword and board my barb.

I wanted to make it work and for the most part, I won, so far at least in act 2.

And yes the AH is your friend as a barb however, I found sick items that were not for a barb in act 1 that I sold for a nice profit. Like a Life on hit 1hand crossbow that does about 800 dps with crit and attack speed. That fetched in just under a million so it can be done with farming of act 1

my build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WiRVkP!bhc!aaZccZ

My starts are with battlecry and warcry

DPS 57k
HP 33k
Resistance 700-860 with my physical being 826
Life on hit is 400 (not huge, but it does help)
Crit damage increase is 150%
Crit change is 9.5%

To me this is pretty basic the I think "leap" is a waste but it is just how I play do the most damage you can do before you die, and most of the time in act2 I don't die, It is nice being able to clear caves and dungeons and do the act start to finish like I do act 1 1000 times.

I just dont think i am ready for act 3 yet, need a few more HP and some more resist cant hurt and maybe a tick or two more DPS.

BTW if you had not guessed I am 2H all the way. Way more fun, to play this way than sword and board.
Reply Quote
I too felt act 1 sucked when I started it and then I the same about act2. I am at the point now where I can enjoy my barb in act 2 without dying too much and guess what?>?????

I never changed my spec I never sword and board my barb.

I wanted to make it work and for the most part, I won, so far at least in act 2.

And yes the AH is your friend as a barb however, I found sick items that were not for a barb in act 1 that I sold for a nice profit. Like a Life on hit 1hand crossbow that does about 800 dps with crit and attack speed. That fetched in just under a million so it can be done with farming of act 1

my build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WiRVkP!bhc!aaZccZ

My starts are with battlecry and warcry

DPS 57k
HP 33k
Resistance 700-860 with my physical being 826
Life on hit is 400 (not huge, but it does help)
Crit damage increase is 150%
Crit change is 9.5%

To me this is pretty basic the I think "leap" is a waste but it is just how I play do the most damage you can do before you die, and most of the time in act2 I don't die, It is nice being able to clear caves and dungeons and do the act start to finish like I do act 1 1000 times.

I just dont think i am ready for act 3 yet, need a few more HP and some more resist cant hurt and maybe a tick or two more DPS.

BTW if you had not guessed I am 2H all the way. Way more fun, to play this way than sword and board.

ya im 2H as well, not 100% by choice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]