Diablo® III

Need some help please

Just wondering if someone could tell me if this laptop could run Diablo 3 on max resolution (1366x768), high textures, shadow's off.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/gateway-gateway-15-6-2nd-gen-intel-core-i5-2450m-laptop-nv57h19h-black-nv57h19h/10191701.aspx?path=29aa8ebe2bc1955cb03cc465c63cde60en02

thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. 610M is on a gimp side.
Reply Quote
That's funny, on the site it says "Play popular games like Diablo 3 the way they’re meant to be played with amazing special effects and incredible detail." Guess not
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, shops aren't going to tell you the straight truth. They usually only tell the half truth, or that they "never lie to you directly".

It's true 610M could run D3 maxed out.

It's just that your FPS will tank bad.
Reply Quote
It's the Geforce website that says it, not the store selling the laptop. Is the GeFore GT 540M any better?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, GT 540M is lot better than 610M
Reply Quote
So IF I could get this, Is this a good laptop?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215360CVF
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It can be, yes.
Reply Quote
This laptop any good? :p

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-15-6-laptop-featuring-amd-quad-core-a6-3400m-black-dv6-6128ca/10171280.aspx?path=247f5ef1cd05d15e628cdb4baf075466en02

Edit: What kind of setting could it play on? and is it better then the first one i posted?
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/6/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At that budget, I recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328
Reply Quote
Thanks for the recomendation, but kinda ignored my question lol

tried to get my dad to consider buying from newegg, it was a firm no. So thats out of the question.

Edit: reviews on the site say it can play games like Battlefield 3 on High settings, so im assuming it can play Diablo 3 on good settings. Am I right?
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/6/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Something that can play B3 on high settings will play D3 at max, but the reviewer may have been lying, as the graphics card on HP is not that strong.

HP also overheats like mad. Be warned.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 6/6/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't see why someone would lie about what it can/can't play like that. Isn't the graphics card on the HP better then the one you recommended?

I've had a HP laptop for about 2 years now and it hasn't really had a problem with overheating at all. Wouldn't a cooling pad or w/e fix the overheating problem?

Edit: How is the HP compared to the Gateway i origonally posted?
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/6/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No, the one I recommended has a much stronger graphics card

Cooling pad may fix it.

While CPU is better on the Gateway, its weak GPU is no match for the either Lenovo I linked, nor the HP you linked.
Reply Quote
Ah alright, does the CPU on the HP meet the recommended requirements for Diablo 3? I also read stuff about overclocking to 2.3 ghz whatever that is, is that something that would be a good idea to do?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, the Llano APUs will work fine for D3. Don't bother overclocking on the laptop.
Reply Quote
Would the overclocking make it overheat even more?

Edit: Forgot to ask, how does the dual graphics thing or w/e it is work? Do I have to change anything/set it up or whatnot? or will it be setup out of the box?
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/6/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Of course, overclocking will always cause it to generate more heat.

You will have to set it up a little, but you don't have to if you don't want to. The default dedicated graphics card is strong as it is (with Lenovo).
Reply Quote
Is it complicated to setup, or is it just like a install wizard?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
AFAIK, it's more or less turn it on or off kind of a deal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]