Diablo® III

Need some help please

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the ultimate solution is to use factory restore to 'recover' the old drivers it originally shipped with. I think HP uses propriety drivers which is not compatible with standard Catalyst drivers.

The Lenovo laptop I recommended before could be updated just fine with standard Catalyst drivers despite having similar hardware setup as the HP.

I'm really sorry to have wasted your time. :(
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 6/7/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't worry about it, you were a great help. How do I restore it? never had to do that before. Also, how am I supposed to update the graphics drivers then? the diablo 3 launcher tells me to update them because it may cause performance problems or whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can't, really.

As for the system restore, press F11 while system boots to go into system restore. This will fully wipe everything and restore everything to the state as you got it new. So back up anything important out of the system before you do this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01895783#RestoreWithoutWindows
Reply Quote
Well, If i can't update the drivers i guess ill just restore it and take it back. Seems broken to me if i can't do something that i should be able to, and is kind of required.

well I just looked and noticed there were 63 important updates to be installed, could that be the problem?
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/7/2012 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It could be, but not likely. You can give that a shot if you'd like.
Reply Quote
well may as well give it a try, and cross my fingers it works :p
Reply Quote
Well after installing all the updates it's showing the graphics cards now, but I dont think the updates worked, it says there version 8.900.7.0 and the thing you linked me said version 12.4. Unfortunately when I try to change graphics card settings it still says there are no AMD drivers installed or they aren't functioning properly, and the Diablo 3 launcher still says they aren't up to date
Edited by SgtSackEm#1582 on 6/8/2012 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Managed to get the drivers up to date, seems to be working fine now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]