Diablo® III

Jailer,Vortex and even Wall are bad mechanics

06/08/2012 01:55 PMPosted by DeadMeat
Anyway, I ran into a shielding vampiric pack last night I couldn't even make a dent in. Had to reset.

When gamers resort to hitting the reset button, the games design has failed in an epic way. This is the kind of stuff you would see from old 8 bit games developed in a garage over a weekend.

A game that has its difficulty ramped to extreme levels is fine, so long as the player has the tools to beat that encounter and can see that with better execution, success is possible. But thats not the case here. Unfortunately there are impossible combinations in this game. Thats absolutely inexcusable.

And, to compound the problem, the tech used in DIII is killing the experience. This is a game where your twitch reactions can mean the difference between life and death. Yet, there are times that I come across completely beatable enemies but are suddenly plagued with hitches and latency spikes in the steaming, killing all hopes for success and in the end, killing the games playability. More times than not, I find I die to normal mobs with just a second of jitter or teleporting. Its at that point I shut off the game and go play something else.
Edited by Chlora#1700 on 6/8/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As a wizard I can honestly tell you that I only have problems with Fast affix, some invulnerable minions and telporter + fire chains + vortex. Some combinations make it difficult in closed quarters, but in open areas only Fast gives me issues. There's simply no time to deal damage and you can't get get up close and personal with Elites, so no-go.

Here are some wizard tips times on mechanics that may apply to other classes:
- VORTEX: Vortex pull works only in straight line. If there is an object between you and the mob that pulled, vortex will stop you for a second. So have one foot behind rocks or a wall,vortex will not work.
- WALLER: All but enclosed walls have limited range. So keeping a good distance can help, especially if your panic button is recharging.
- MORTAR: Only hits ranged (obvious), You have to be on the move all the time. You can hide behind some tall objects, but doesn't work always. You can also circle around the mob.
- TELEPORTER: Panic button when teleported -- Wizard Counter = Teleport, keep distance during cooldown).
- TELEPORTER + FIRE CHAINS: Very deadly combination because chains will insta kill most of the time. The only reliable way to defend is to keep large enough distance so that when the elite teeleports, it can't teleport in front of you so that chains go over you.
- TELEPORTER + FIRE CHAINS + VORTEX: Park the mob.
- FAST + Naturally fast mob: Park the mob unless you have blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
worst thing about wall is that more than half the time it spawns on top of you which will kill you unless you are a tank
Reply Quote
I love Waller one of the easiest for me to counter on champions or rares. Vortex ins't too bad especially since it has a max range and you can do kinda a block of it, by standing in front of something. Haha, waller and vortex is awesome, they throw up a wall then vortex you and you fly into the wall awesome times. Plus you make them walk around it and set up choke points for your aoe or stationary attacks forcing the whole pack to take damage or buy you the few seconds till a cooldown is done. Plague or molten with vortex can be hard at times, just have to run as soon as you can, or you can throw up diamond skin or something as you get sucked in so you don't take the damage. Jailer is the worst for me, though you can break it, and you can always take a hit or two usually before you go down giving you enough time to start running. Chain jailing is a !@#$%! Though they are taming that down, so come 1.03 I really don't see much issue.
Reply Quote
Topic with several threads about it already is new and exciting.
Reply Quote
As a wizard I can honestly tell you that I only have problems with Fast affix, some invulnerable minions and telporter + fire chains + vortex. Some combinations make it difficult in closed quarters, but in open areas only Fast gives me issues. There's simply no time to deal damage and you can't get get up close and personal with Elites, so no-go.

Here are some wizard tips times on mechanics that may apply to other classes:
- VORTEX: Vortex pull works only in straight line. If there is an object between you and the mob that pulled, vortex will stop you for a second. So have one foot behind rocks or a wall,vortex will not work.
- WALLER: All but enclosed walls have limited range. So keeping a good distance can help, especially if your panic button is recharging.
- MORTAR: Only hits ranged (obvious), You have to be on the move all the time. You can hide behind some tall objects, but doesn't work always. You can also circle around the mob.
- TELEPORTER: Panic button when teleported -- Wizard Counter = Teleport, keep distance during cooldown).
- TELEPORTER + FIRE CHAINS: Very deadly combination because chains will insta kill most of the time. The only reliable way to defend is to keep large enough distance so that when the elite teeleports, it can't teleport in front of you so that chains go over you.
- TELEPORTER + FIRE CHAINS + VORTEX: Park the mob.
- FAST + Naturally fast mob: Park the mob unless you have blizzard.

QFT

Also, if you use mirror image like I do, the second something pops up next to you or pulls you to them you pop it and it takes the heat off of you for long enough to gtfo.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
Only issue I have with wall is when it clips with your character and you can't move out of it. Hopefully they fix that, because I doubt it's intended.
Reply Quote
Yes... Teleporter and fire chains.... Made me rage 99% of the time lmfao.
Den i figured, vault away vault away vault away.
however, i also realise other classes cant do this :/
Dh has too much manouvrebility. way too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]