Diablo® III

building a computer, will it support d3?

Planning on ordering the parts tonight, just wanted to double check if it will support d3 at max settings. Please check out the specs and let me know

Intel core i3 2100 @ 3.1 ghz
Intel h67 mobo or asrock z68 mobo (still deciding)
8gb ram 2x4gb
500gb western digital hard drive @7200rpm
evga geforce 550 ti
450 watt 80 plus certified power supply
Reply Quote
Yes it will support D3 at max settings.
I would also suggest a 550-600w power supply!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
550 Ti is kinda bad. Either save $ and go with HD 6770, or spend more for HD 6870

Check out this PC build guide just in case:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/29/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whoever picked that PSU has a lot to learn about building PC's. I would definitely talk to someone who is familiar with computer parts and get a good design.

extremeoverclocking.com is a great source for building PC's
Reply Quote
Whoever picked that PSU has a lot to learn about building PC's. I would definitely talk to someone who is familiar with computer parts and get a good design.

extremeoverclocking.com is a great source for building PC's

A 450w PSU to run:

~65w processor
~25w chipset
~120w graphics card
~60w for any possible configuration of fans and disk drives

That's about 270w or so for his computer at an absolute worst-case scenario. He'd have to be burning a DVD, defragmenting his hard drive, running Metro 2033, and rendering a 3D scene all inside a hot box in order to hit that kind of load. Realistically speaking that machine probably won't even peak above 220w during normal use. Even going off the safe "no more than 75% load" rule a 450w unit is more than adequate for his needs. A good one will even accommodate a future upgrade to a higher-end graphics card and CPU and a few add-in cards. I wouldn't green light it for SLI/Crossfire, but there's nothing wrong with a ~450w estimate for his build. The only thing that could go wrong is if he picks a crappy unit, but the whole "80-plus" requirement will weed out most of the stinkers.
Reply Quote
Just about any PC you build will run Diablo 2 unless you purchases a bargain bin processor under 1.5Ghz (if they are still around) ... The GPU though should be decent ... many decent cards in the $50 price range.
Reply Quote
I love my ASRock board so far, but I tell you the drivers can be a pain.

I would save another hundred bucks and get a 7850 gpu, it'll be worth it

And you forgot to list what sexy case you'll be getting :)
Reply Quote
For the case, I'm still deciding between NZXT Gamma, M59, Source, or Thermaltake V4. I'm leaning towards M59 though.

Also still trying to decide which motherboard to get. Any recommendations? I don't plan OCing, or crossfire/sli. Just a simple mobo that has usb 3.0, supports i3 cpu, has at least 1 pcie 2.0 slot. Also, one that is reliable and affordable. <$120
Reply Quote
btw, this is my first time building a system, which is why I'm pretty noob at it...lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you checked my guide yet? :o
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 08:47 PMPosted by dschoi07
btw, this is my first time building a system, which is why I'm pretty noob at it...lol

depends a bit where you live of course, there may be a computer store around that has stuff cheaper

this isn't a bad deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157314
Reply Quote
Wow! Excellent and very helpful guide! I noticed in your builds, you use the biostar B75MU3+. Is it a reliable/durable mobo? I don't plan on OCing or using sli/crossfire so it seems like a good match. I plan on getting an i3 2100 for this setup, but that mobo will give the option to upgrade the cpu in the future to an i5 which is good.
Do you think that that mobo is the best choice <$100 or are there others you would recommend.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It should be a good mobo.

Other similar mobos can be gotten around that price with similar feature set. Prior, I used to recommend ASRock H61M/U3S3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]