Diablo® III

Error after patch: ijl15.dll

I just went to fire up the game and it prompted me to patch. I did and after install I hit the "play" button and the machine locked up. I waited a few minutes and then restarted. It prompted me to reinstall patch. I did. This time when I hit the "play" button I get the error:

"C:/Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\ijl15.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Any help/advice would be appreciated, LOVE the game but I can't play now.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
i ve got the same problem
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue after the patch.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I think I've recieved an automatic reply which didn't help at all.

This is what I recieved, the ticked was marked resolved...

"Whimso
Customer Service Representative

Greetings!

Thank-you for taking the time to petition Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

We understand how valuable your time is and how important your concern is however we feel your question can be quickly addressed if you view our knowledge base which has your specific issues listed in detail or the forums which is also loaded with valuable information which can be located at: <http://us.battle.net/support/en/games/diablo3/gameplay-support>

Have a good day and happy gaming!

Blizzard Entertainment Support

I can't game because the dll is corrupt.
I have no idea where or what the "knowledge base" is.
The link to the forums has nothing there.

I would have actually preferred a reply that said "can't help you, please reinstall, sorry".

Anyone have any luck fixing this, I'm trying to avoid reinstalling the game.
Reply Quote
I just tried replacing all the ijl15.dll file with my son's from his computer (yes I bought TWO copies of Diablo 3 to support Blizzard) and come to find out all of the .dll files except the ms ones are corrupt or won't allow the game to run. I replaced them all and tried to start the game. A message popped up and said "there is an update available you must quit" when I do the game crashes and I'm prompted to force close...sigh.
Reply Quote
Same error.Am pissed
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
If you reinstall the game and point to the same folder, I believe the DLLs and EXEs are going to be re-created but you'll keep the MPQ files you've already downloaded.

Delete the Battle.net folder, run the setup from your DVD or the one downloaded from Battle.net and you should be able to reinstall while keeping the downloaded data.

Just to elaborate on this, the Battle.net folder is located in:
  • Win 7/8/Vista
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
  • Windows XP
    C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

And when installing, make sure you select the parent folder otherwise it will create a Diablo III folder inside the existing Diablo III folder. If your game is installed on the Default install location, you dont need to change anything.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/1/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok thanks, will try later tonight when I get home.
Reply Quote
PernicusRex, have you resolved your problem? i have the same here :(
Reply Quote
had same issue. this fixed the problem for me.
Reply Quote
thx Barthus, your fix works. The Installation is finished after a minute.
Reply Quote
I went in the Diablo 3 folder and deleted the bnet folder, however upon running the downloadable setup client and running it, it doesn't recreate the bnet folder. I get the exact same message. Do I need to uninstall Diablo 3 for this to work?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
06/04/2012 06:35 PMPosted by BaneChaos
Do I need to uninstall Diablo 3 for this to work?

No. You need to delete the Battle.net folder, not Bnet.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 6/4/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have done this, and it is now stuck at "checking for updates" with no progress
Reply Quote
that the same respones i got. what do you do to fix it remove the patch
Reply Quote
Barthus, your the man... it worked for me.. i have a issue with blizzard, they could not tell me what to do to fix the issue when i submited a ticket and you did in less then there auto reply.. good job.. my only thing is am i going to have to do this with every patch update?
Edited by PawnofD3#1220 on 6/11/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 to barthus your realy the man XD it worked for me too i was worried i need to patch it up again lol yay thank you
Reply Quote
It worked thx
Reply Quote
Barthus,I understand that you want to delete the game and leave the parent folder, and then reinstall the new game in the same directory Program Fils, only if you install it on the need to select one folder?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
On Windows 7 I have no C:\ProgramData folder, nor any Battle.net folder. Where else should I look? I'm not finding either directory on my computard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]