Diablo® III

How to fix barbarians and monks EASY

I am playing a barbarian in inferno, it is gruesomely boring. No fury spending skill with only defensive skills with a piss-poor 6.8k DPS, relying on a crappy proc chance skill like Revenge is making the whole class boring and extremely un-enjoyable.

Since Blizzard wanted to make a newer version of WoW in D3 - level 60 cap, learn all the spells for your class thus limiting replayabilty, auction house, real money profits to replace WoW subscriptions, have an actionbar with more than 2 spells, nothing to do when you are at the level cap except farming boss (or mineral nodes) - why not bring something we also see in WoW that makes it more enjoyable for tanking classes?

Parry chance.

Even with my 700 All-resistance, 52k hp and 10k armor, I still die really fast in Act2 if my Revenge procs are trolling me. Don't even start talking about the Flying Wasps of the Apocalypse.

At some point, having Parry chances COULD leave us a chance of using 2-handed weapons for tanking (IE Blood spec Death Knight tanking) or either use 2 1-handed weapons (IE Frost Death Knight tanking in Wrath of the Lich King).

What do you think? Cool idea bros?
Reply Quote
What's your strength? Get it higher so you have higher dps.
Reply Quote
Yeah I know my strength is low, it is only 900 right now. But my weapon is my main problem, it only does 570 dps, as I have not found anything better yet, I have had no luck with 120hrs+ of playing in finding anything that I could actually sell at the AH for more than 50k gold. I am only sitting at 1.5M right now, cannot buy any weapon that is an upgrade for less than 2M.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
you can buy a 750dps wep for about 100k
Reply Quote
You realize going sword and board with crap DPS is not the ONLY viable barb build right? In fact, some of the better, faster progressing barbs are 2h barbs with 80k+ HP, ~400 resists, and 30k+ unbuffed DPS.

I'm doing it, and there are plenty of those in act 3/4 inferno doing it, and it's fun as hell. People that assumed because they were dying so easily they needed to "tank up" were wrong.
Reply Quote
i gotta ask...

for you guys claiming 70k, 80k, and beyond hp and 30k + attack...

please post a pic of your gear.

I got to act 3 last night with only 39k hp and about 11-12k attack... I've got a good life on hit weapon but have to rely on leap and charge to get in and get out.. aka.. takes forever...

If you guys are serious about your hp and attack being that high I'll dump my sword/board right now to give it a shot.
Reply Quote
Omg, no offense guys but how are yall doing so bad? I am a 2h barb and I farm act 2 inferno no prob.
Reply Quote
i gotta ask...

I got to act 3 last night with only 39k hp and about 11-12k attack... I've got a good life on hit weapon but have to rely on leap and charge to get in and get out.. aka.. takes forever...

If you guys are serious about your hp and attack being that high I'll dump my sword/board right now to give it a shot.

Honestly once u get into the act 2 and high it doesnt realy matter, sword n board or all out dps. Comes down to what ever is easier for you to complete the content.
Reply Quote
i gotta ask...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271603991?page=1

Take a look at this guys post. He is a 2h barb, his stats are 80k HP, 30k DPS, 400 resists.

Personally, I am not as geared as him. I just reached started inferno on my barb recently and im rocking 55k HP, 20k unbuffed DPS, and 350 all resists. A little short from his stats, but he is farming act 3/4 inferno. I'll get there no prob.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/31/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Thebigugly
Omg, no offense guys but how are yall doing so bad? I am a 2h barb and I farm act 2 inferno no prob.

Just another nerd looking for attention. Move on everybody nothing to see here
Reply Quote
My point still hasnt been debated though.

What do you guys think about implementing Parry chance?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Traumadrama
Just another nerd looking for attention. Move on everybody nothing to see here

Lol you still in act 1?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 12:35 PMPosted by FrozenMildew
i have troubles believing that, im willing to bet you threw a lot away that was quite valuable.... or you have disgustingly terrible luck.

Very much. I have a MF gear for when I do the inferno butcher.

With 5 stacks + the MF gear I put on before he dies, I am at exactly 254% MF. I still find 4 yellows, usually level 51-57. Stuff like that.

Still no legendaries have dropped for me.
Reply Quote
Legendaries are random drops, they can drop off anything. In Act 1 inferno farming you will never find a weapon that will sell (rare/blue) for big bucks. However there is usable armor for quick small sales for the new 60's and with some luck some very good jewelry. Amulets and rings with good stats/rolls seem to be highest profit off butcher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]