Diablo® III

"Dushatar build" ... it works!

Can't say for higher act's since I'm just farming Act 1... but this is what I spec'd too

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cRmjSO!YXb!YbcaZY

this is what I was last night

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lRQjSO!YXd!bbYaZY

I thought I'd give his build a try after watching some of his videos and liking his aggresive playstyle... I have to admit, its pretty awesome. Archon makes me literally nuke the SNOT out of champ packs and bosses... before archon wears off I have Butcher down to about 30-40% life then I kite and hydra him to death (orb when he stuns himself).

Have to say, i'm actually having fun with the class again. Can't wait to gear up higher to see how well i do in later acts.

I will say though, I do still die from time to time... 12% run speed boost isnt enough all the time, think I need to find a way to get it a tiny bit higher.

Dushatar - can you please review my build (1st link) and let me know how accurate it is to your Archon build?
Reply Quote
try 25% R/W. I hear it does wonder for people.
Reply Quote
I'm a fan of this build, too, and I'm going to give it a try.

In his thread that he talks about it, the only difference between your build and his is he uses the +20 AP passive instead of Evocation.
Reply Quote
I'm a fan of this build, too, and I'm going to give it a try.

In his thread that he talks about it, the only difference between your build and his is he uses the +20 AP passive instead of Evocation.

Do you mean Astral Presence? That's in my build.
Reply Quote
Yes, sorry. He replaced Evocation with Temporal Flux then. Forgot.
Reply Quote
Got 24% run speed now... switched evocation to Temporal Flux and spec'd my hydra to Arcane just to have it as a constant snare.... wow this build is awesome :D
Reply Quote
This is very similar to my inferno build. Many here claim you can't channel in inferno. You can.

Have you considered the ancient guardian rune of familiar. It can give you just a tick more time to lay on the damage with archon and works well with force armor.
Edited by Demosthenes#1698 on 6/1/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Act 1 inferno

we're done here
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dushatar's build is a zero-suck build that requires fairly good equipment to pull off. However, he has admitted himself that it sorely lacks when dealing with certain champion qualities that other builds take into account that ~aren't~ as effective in terms of just mowing through rows and rows of enemies.

Go Dushatar when you're competent in your ability to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and throw your companion into a door way. I've given it a few tries, and after a little tweaking, I can say I've enjoyed it significantly, but it, like all set ups, has its down falls.
Reply Quote
I'm glad we have another passenger on the "Dushatar build" train = )

If nothing else it will teach you how important it is to avoid taking dmg, or punish you for it.
Edited by Dushatar#1598 on 6/1/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I switched to your build dush after reading your earlier post. Have like 55-60k dps, solo'd all act 1 inferno and I'm on like quest 8 of 10 or w/e on act 2. Got hacked this morning though so waiting to get my stuff back so I can continue lol....
Reply Quote
Can't say for higher act's since I'm just farming Act 1... but this is what I spec'd too

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cRmjSO!YXb!YbcaZY

this is what I was last night

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lRQjSO!YXd!bbYaZY

I thought I'd give his build a try after watching some of his videos and liking his aggresive playstyle... I have to admit, its pretty awesome. Archon makes me literally nuke the SNOT out of champ packs and bosses... before archon wears off I have Butcher down to about 30-40% life then I kite and hydra him to death (orb when he stuns himself).

Have to say, i'm actually having fun with the class again. Can't wait to gear up higher to see how well i do in later acts.

I will say though, I do still die from time to time... 12% run speed boost isnt enough all the time, think I need to find a way to get it a tiny bit higher.

Dushatar - can you please review my build (1st link) and let me know how accurate it is to your Archon build?

I noticed Dushatar was not using cooldown reduction, but the 20 ap instead, and going with venom hydra.

I was wondering, when on lower gears, wether its better to go this

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cmROSj!YbU!YcZYZa

with arcane hydra and flux, you got maximum slowdown of everything, your ap is going to be lower, but the cost of orbs is also lower, and with the cooldown passive, archon will have a larger uptime.

just my two cents
Edited by Zacheryah#2344 on 6/11/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
act1..
Reply Quote
Great build, Dushatar! I started using this after getting into A3 Inferno and getting repeatedly owned by elite packs there. I was using Blizzard/Hydra kiting in A1-2, but in A3 there is just no space for that. All out DPS works wonders though.

Temporal Flux is extremely important because it snares the mobs when you hit them with Orb. I didn't feel the need to use Arcane Hydra for that yet, Venom's extra DPS works well against packs because multiple mobs run through the same acid pools. And when you are down to 1 mob - Orb + Temporal Flux is enough.

2 questions for Dushatar:

1. IAS and attacks per second - do you really need that? There is no signature spells to use, and for Orb it doesn't seem to matter. I understand that it helps Archon, but Archon is such a long reuse, I'm doing almost all of my actual damage with Orb and Hydra. I'm currently using a 1.00 atk/sec 2-hander but have 15% IAS on each ring and amulet - left over from the previous build, they each have 70-100 Int + 15% IAS. If I replace them with 200+ Int ones, my hits should become bigger, but the game shows that I lose massive DPS. Yes, technically, I would lose DPS if I was channelling attacks, but I am not, except for brief flashes of Archon. So, how important is IAS for this build? And should I look for a faster weapon?

2. Soul Rippers - the little nasty buggers that run quite fast and have the instant range attack (tongue lash). How do you deal with them? So far I've just died in order to kill them, pretty much 1 death per 1 mob, often with my Orb killing the little p.o.s. after it kills me 1st. And running into an elite pack of them means "kite them out of the way, die and go past". They have been the only mob type that I am unable to kill in elite packs. How do you kill them?
Reply Quote
Act 1 inferno

we're done here

^
Reply Quote
+1 been using this build for a week after seeing Dush's thread. Only difference is since I have 40% crit I use the arcane hydra over poison (poison hydra can't crit).
Reply Quote
I was getting excited up until I saw the act 1 inferno part.... I was farming act1 right after i dinged 60 with some ridiculously low damage.... around 20k and had no issues (for most part)...

Now act 2/3/4 is something else and just the build will not save you. As others pointed its depended on your dps output and ability to kite very well as the Dush built has more offensive against defensive capabilities. If you can burn the mobs b4 they reach you then you're golden otherwise you should always have an escape route.
With that being said, there is nothing wong with it and i run the same thing or a small variance depending on the mobs.
Reply Quote
i dont like it. archon is a pile of crap.

maybe if archon gave you more survivability it would be worth it.

maybe with 100k dps it works but with my 67k dps, archon doesnt kill fast enough.
Edited by Quickdeath#1396 on 6/11/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]