Diablo® III

Nvidia in Diablo

I've used a 6950 for over a year, but I've been frustrated with AMD for a while and ordered a shiny new 670 today. Now I'm seeing people say that Nvidia is having problems with Diablo? My 6950 was stuttering a lot in diablo, but is this a bigger problem with Nvidia? Seems weird since Nvidia is far better in WoW, but I'm curious. I don't want my 670 to get here and end up getting worse performance than my 6950 in the only game I am actively playing right now.
Reply Quote
You mean the one thread about a guy having problems with his GTX 670? Not a great basis for a generalization like that.
Reply Quote
no. the thread of tons of people with nvidia cards complaining about problems.
Reply Quote
Latest drivers would be my guess. I've had zero problems with my GTX 460 and the 296.10 drivers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's RNG tbh, it's a fairly common problem, but not super wide-spread.

My 6950 has zero problem with D3.
My 560M has zero problem with D3.

Both using latest drivers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Will also add that my 7950 has zero problems with D3. A 6950 is WAY WAY WAY overpowered for this game, anyone that was having problems with that has an issue elsewhere (RAM, CPU, etc).
Edited by Saerydoth#1867 on 6/1/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a 670, it just crushes this game, as far as load goes I might as well be playing minesweeper.

((Have heard the EVGA cards have some issues though))
Edited by bKSK#1695 on 6/2/2012 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Will also add that my 7950 has zero problems with D3. A 6950 is WAY WAY WAY overpowered for this game, anyone that was having problems with that has an issue elsewhere (RAM, CPU, etc).

My 6950 stutters pretty bad. Running a 2500k at 4.2ghz and 8gb RAM at 1600mhz, as well as an SSD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's something else then.

I have a 6950 and there is zero stutter
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]